Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Carrot Rewards App for free SCENE/Aeroplan/Petro-Points/More Rewards [BC/ON/NFLD only]

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2019 1:35 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
6564 posts
10853 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
stickyfinger wrote: is anyone else having problems with not getting rewards when meeting your daily step goal?

no points for the last two days for me.
Yes, me too. The 14 day challenge didn't get awarded to me. But when I look at points history under accounts, I see that the 2 AP points were awarded on some days but not others and I know that I met my goal that day and I also met the 10 out of 14 days challenge.
Edit: I see that 2 AP points were awarded on 'Nov 16th' twice?!? It's only the 15th here...
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12851 posts
135816 upvotes
888888 upvotes
Totally forgot about this app lol
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Feb 13, 2004
132 posts
15 upvotes
I emailed them and they said they had syncing errors. They sent out an update today, so make sure you update your app.
Mar 6, 2016
61 posts
15 upvotes
Mine had started and stayed at 1800 steps. It's been a couple of months. In conclusion, sometimes is good to be lazy Grinning Face
Images
  • Screenshot_20161117-111703.png
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
4282 posts
4638 upvotes
Province of Bring Ca…
Mine started from 4400 steps and after I accomplished my first 14-day challenge it became 4900 steps =.=
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
6610 posts
1979 upvotes
Toronto
Damn it. I started at 7400, and I generally not able to complete goal at any given day
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
4282 posts
4638 upvotes
Province of Bring Ca…
Just a heads up - you can shake your phone while doing anything else, it still counts. I linked my account with petropoints.

15000 petropoints = $10 bestbuy gc (I remeber someone redeemed 10000 petropoints for a $10 the bay gc)
carrots daily goal - 40 points
carrots survey - 100-300 points
carrots 14-day challenge - first challenge 600 points, now 900 points

Since my first day (Sep 14) I've earned abount 5000 points (less referral bonus), not too bad.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2991 posts
2815 upvotes
+1000000 upvotes
naticom wrote: Just a heads up - you can shake your phone while doing anything else, it still counts. I linked my account with petropoints.

15000 petropoints = $10 bestbuy gc (I remeber someone redeemed 10000 petropoints for a $10 the bay gc)
carrots daily goal - 40 points
carrots survey - 100-300 points
carrots 14-day challenge - first challenge 600 points, now 900 points

Since my first day (Sep 14) I've earned abount 5000 points (less referral bonus), not too bad.
How are you able to get Carrot daily goal of 40 pts? First challenge only offered 4 pts per day plus a 40 pt bonus. Now I'm at 8200 steps and get 4 pts per day and a 120 pt bonus if I complete the challenge (10 days out of the 2 week period). I've been on since March (launch) and only have accumulated around 2000 scene points... Wtf

Oh man, you're linking it to petro points, lol, different pts / rewards system
Always buy now & think later, or else you'll regret your decision forever.
The first rule of RFD is to not talk about RFD or call customer service to ask about price errors.
The second rule of RFD is to not forget about the first rule.
Feb 13, 2004
132 posts
15 upvotes
I think the scene point option gives you the most points, you get 4 scene points a day for meeting your goal
1000 scene points is $10 off at Sportchek, Cara restaurants or a free movie/rental at Cineplex. So it's like 4 cents per day. The 14 day challenge is now 160 scene points.
I started early in March so I'm over 4000 scene points now. Not bad for something free.

My friend has linked to Petro Points and he uses the points to buy lottery tickets. 2000 petro points is $1 lottery play. Use it for a chance to win big.
May 3, 2012
93 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
this works in any other province except bc or no?
:x
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
6494 posts
2490 upvotes
Ontario
I can't seem to get to the logon screen for Carrot on Android. I'm stuck on the "Get Started" screen and then it prompts me to create a new account with no option for existing users.

Any ideas? I'm logged in on my iPhone 5 but cannot do steps with my Fitbit on this iPhone so Android is my only choice.
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay, AF $0
MBNA RWE 5.4% grocery/resto
Bank: EQ (1.5%)
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
2668 posts
1517 upvotes
Toronto
minimalist wrote: I can't seem to get to the logon screen for Carrot on Android. I'm stuck on the "Get Started" screen and then it prompts me to create a new account with no option for existing users.

Any ideas? I'm logged in on my iPhone 5 but cannot do steps with my Fitbit on this iPhone so Android is my only choice.
I have some other issue where it says my scene card number is invalid.. I figured its because the app isn't supposed to work in Ontario so I will just sit tight and wait for it to be launched here and see if that solves it...]

I think the app is buggy in general.. but they seem to be updating it regularly..
Oct 29, 2007
283 posts
52 upvotes
Email their support team They are pretty responsive.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2684 posts
3199 upvotes
anyone notice they have had a lot of surveys and more points the last month? I mean its not like the launch but I think one of them was worth 60 scene points. not bad for a free app
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
6564 posts
10853 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
karnige wrote: anyone notice they have had a lot of surveys and more points the last month? I mean its not like the launch but I think one of them was worth 60 scene points. not bad for a free app
Yes - I just did one for 25 aeroplan (AP) miles - also the step up challenge is now rewarding 70 aeroplan miles for step up completion - it used to be 40 (but still 2 AP miles per day for hitting the step goal). The steps daily goal is at 11,600.
Mar 15, 2011
572 posts
442 upvotes
Waterloo
geogolem wrote: I have some other issue where it says my scene card number is invalid.. I figured its because the app isn't supposed to work in Ontario so I will just sit tight and wait for it to be launched here and see if that solves it...]

I think the app is buggy in general.. but they seem to be updating it regularly..
I had the exact same scene card issue at the end of October. Emailed them and it does seem indeed its because we are located in Ontario:
Thank you for contacting Carrot Support.

It appears that you are from Ontario and the Carrot Rewards program is currently only available in British Columbia and Newfoundland. Stay tuned- we will be available to all Canadians soon! :)

Please let us know if you would like us to notify you when we become available in Ontario.
Strange in multiple ways since people were able to register any scene card at the begging by entering a BC postal code but I guess they may have closed that loop hole.
As well the app would use to block you out as soon as you entered a non-BC postal code. After one of the previous updates it no longer did so I thought it was finally available nation wide but I guess its still not :(
I highly doubt it gets released at all this year as they were initially stating it would.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
6610 posts
1979 upvotes
Toronto
I am no longer about to connect carrot app since last night and I'm from Ontario. Anyone else?
Jan 29, 2016
2 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
can't log in too since last night. from ontario.
Sep 18, 2015
29 posts
4 upvotes
Westbank, BC
I can't connect either, I'm from BC. Tried emailing the support email addy but it got bounced back.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
6610 posts
1979 upvotes
Toronto
Just received an email from them. There was an upgrade so we have to download the latest update from App Store. After you get the update, tie app will be up and running again

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)