Freebies

Carrot Rewards App for free SCENE/Aeroplan/Petro-Points/More Rewards [BC/ON/NFLD only]

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 11th, 2018 2:33 am
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
13071 posts
5474 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Has anyone else seen their Steps thresholds fluctuate from day to day like this?

There's no mention of any Steps algorithm changes on the Carrot blog or the app. There was a new version of the app (Android) a couple of days ago with the usual, vague "Bug fixes " that reveals nothing. Is this really a bug fix (or they mean "fix" in the sense of affixing a new bug to the app)?

Screenshot_20171019-072930.jpg
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
3001 posts
855 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
bylo wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 7:25 am
Why has this thread been renamed to [Petro Canada] Bonus 800+200 Petro-points and FREE Petro-points every day! (from Carrot Rewards App for free SCENE/Aeroplan/Petro-Points/More Rewards [BC/ON/NFLD only]?)

This is highly misleading. The Carrot program applies to more than just PetroCan, i.e. to Aeroplan, Drop and Scene points programs as well. There are many posts in this thread that have nothing to do with PetroCan and everything to do with the Carrot incentive program in general.
A bad merge.. and I haven't see my goal change daily.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
7146 posts
7253 upvotes
bylo wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 7:25 am
Why has this thread been renamed to [Petro Canada] Bonus 800+200 Petro-points and FREE Petro-points every day! (from Carrot Rewards App for free SCENE/Aeroplan/Petro-Points/More Rewards [BC/ON/NFLD only]?)..
Weird...

I reported this, so hopefully someone will take care of renaming it back to its correct title.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
13071 posts
5474 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
IDStorms wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 2:02 pm
Weird...I reported this, so hopefully someone will take care of renaming it back to its correct title.
Thanks. the thread title now seems to have been reverted to Carrot Rewards App for free SCENE/Aeroplan/Petro-Points/More Rewards [BC/ON/NFLD only]
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1140 posts
171 upvotes
Toronto
Latest version on Android now forces you to get all of the quiz questions correct before it grants you SCENE points lol
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
2383 posts
310 upvotes
diav wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 7:46 pm
Latest version on Android now forces you to get all of the quiz questions correct before it grants you SCENE points lol
Just the latest quiz. All quizzes before do not require all correct answers.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1140 posts
171 upvotes
Toronto
Tilter wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 8:23 pm
Just the latest quiz. All quizzes before do not require all correct answers.
It makes me wonder if, moving forward, they're gonna stick with this... it was kind of annoying doing the quiz again just to make sure I got the points. Oh well. I learned something new today.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7352 posts
5601 upvotes
Oakville
Nice, just signed up and I'm at 1300 pts.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
13071 posts
5474 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
diav wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 9:18 pm
It makes me wonder if, moving forward, they're gonna stick with this.
That's pure speculation at this, um, point. But it would make sense if they did adopt that requirement going forward.
it was kind of annoying doing the quiz again just to make sure I got the points. Oh well. I learned something new today.
Isn't that the whole, um, point of making you redo the survey until you it's correct? ;)

Otherwise you could just randomly answer all the questions without even bothering to read them and still get full points credit. That seems like a, um, pointless exercise if the objective is to teach people about health, fitness, etc.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7352 posts
5601 upvotes
Oakville
Thatdealguy wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 9:41 pm
scene or petro?
Petro. 1000 from signup and 300 from 2 quick quizes. Can we connect our petro points number to another account and get the points again?
Temp. Banned
Dec 9, 2014
1098 posts
334 upvotes
I think best value currently is Drop points
Gives a lot of points and can be redeemed for Amazon, Tim Hortons, Starbucks, etc
You earn 20% more points for daily steps (and probably quizzes) than Scene

Tried signing up with this link [removed] on computer initially, but it only worked on phone

Shout out to @cursayer for letting us know here http://forums.redflagdeals.com/viewtopic.php?p=28083960
Last edited by Mars2012 on Oct 19th, 2017 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: referral link removed
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2015
4097 posts
21616 upvotes
BC, Lower Mainland
G0DKING wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 11:42 pm
I think best value currently is Drop points
Gives a lot of points and can be redeemed for Amazon, Tim Hortons, Starbucks, etc
You earn 20% more points for daily steps (and probably quizzes) than Scene

Tried signing up with this link [removed] on computer initially, but it only worked on phone

Shout out to @cursayer for letting us know here http://forums.redflagdeals.com/viewtopic.php?p=28083960
But they require your CC information. It's hard to trust our personal information to companies now. So many small and big companies got hacked or leaked customer information
Last edited by Mars2012 on Oct 20th, 2017 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: referral link removed
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
13071 posts
5474 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Thatdealguy wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 1:57 am
But they require your CC information. It's hard to trust our personal information to companies now. So many small and big companies got hacked or leaked customer information
Even worse, giving that CC information violates the terms and conditions that the CC issuer requires in order to indemnify the customer in the event their CC is used fraudulently. Using Drop you effectively waive your right to restitution in the event your CC is used fraudulently--even if the security breach didn't involve Drop.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
2108 posts
1363 upvotes
Toronto, ON
For a limited time, get 200 points for every friend you invite to join the Carrot app.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)