Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
carrytel

Carrytel internet 150 mbps for 49.99 (Ont)

Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
7387 posts
3683 upvotes
GTA
If I am currently with rogers, would I have to call them to cancel? Or like cell phone service, they will port me over to carrytel?
Jul 11, 2016
86 posts
69 upvotes
I have same question, I am currently with teksavvy. Do I need to call teksavvy to cancel the current service or carrytel while transferring take care automatic cancellation of teksavvy.

Reaching teksavvy over phone takes for ever.
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
1338 posts
451 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
cy wrote: If I am currently with rogers, would I have to call them to cancel? Or like cell phone service, they will port me over to carrytel?
It's easier to just sign up for carrytel..and if sure it works for you, cancel Rogers. It's always easier and less chance of screw ups if you do it yourself
Jul 31, 2016
24 posts
7 upvotes
Kitchener
Newbee1978 wrote: I have same question, I am currently with teksavvy. Do I need to call teksavvy to cancel the current service or carrytel while transferring take care automatic cancellation of teksavvy.

Reaching teksavvy over phone takes for ever.
I called the Business Service phone# at teksavvy to cancel as I waited to long on the other #.
Feb 11, 2016
90 posts
43 upvotes
mississauga
Anyone here got their 150/15 and used your own modem (and maybe got to waive the installation fee)? Which modem is good for 150/15?
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
7387 posts
3683 upvotes
GTA
Doubleshot wrote: It's easier to just sign up for carrytel..and if sure it works for you, cancel Rogers. It's always easier and less chance of screw ups if you do it yourself
Thanks! I put through an order and I'll talk to them about it when they call me.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8976 posts
2827 upvotes
wysiwyg wrote: No, I get 2 unique external (99.xx.xx.xx) IPs from my Rogers gateway in bridge mode. I run 2 separate networks in my home, one which is normal and the other to a router that has all traffic flowing from another country via VPN. No extra cost from Rogers to get the second IP.

CABLE LINE ->CDA3 -> router A (main home network) -> internal issued ip 192.168.1.xxx ->computer/phone/tablet/go ip phones
CABLE LINE ->CDA3 -> router B (Main router with built in vpn client) -> other internal issue ip 192.168.10.xxx ->media devices

Router A and B cannot see each other.
How does 1 get a second ip?

Thx
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
1338 posts
451 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
hunt3rshadow wrote: Sorry, that link for BestBuy isn't loading, what was it? And thanks!
Archer C60 for $59.99 ..it's an AC1350 modem... downside is no gigabit port

But price is good and it gives good coverage due to the 4x high gain powered antennas
Aug 5, 2011
699 posts
423 upvotes
jason5030 wrote: Wow slow down during peak hours with Cannet? How surprising?!? :rolleyes: Throttling during peak hours is a Cannet thing, no other isp have such issue.
Did you switch from CanNet to CarryTel?
Nov 13, 2016
457 posts
652 upvotes
Ontario
Just ordered the plan from them two days ago, got confirmation today for the rogers tech to show up next Thursday.
Changing my father's plan from Distributell from 37 Cable 6/1 Mb to the 75/10 Mb.
The "retention" guy proposed to match the plan as well as the price but he told he can do it only for one year, so I told him no thank you
The cancelling call only took 15 min and was very quick and understanding. Thank you RFD again, (I keep wondering why did the topic about it keep disappearing.)
I am a noob for internet modems but just wondering whether the modem we have to buy is good or not.
Still being robbed by Canada's Telecos.
Looking forward to dotmobile.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19240 posts
17869 upvotes
GTA, ON
We all would like to know too
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
9468 posts
2408 upvotes
London
hunt3rshadow wrote: Can anybody recommend me a decent router for the 75 mbps plan offered by Carrytel? I want something that can get as much speed out of my plan as possible, while still having decent range and allow for decent VOIP calls - I'm currently using a Linksys WRT54G (yeah....). Preferably max $130 - but willing to shell out more if it affects the quality of my connection and speed.
$130 max with taxes in, the best will be the Tp-link C7, it has gigabit wan and lan ports. In any case avoid routers without both gigabit wan and lan ports no matter how cheap they are.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
2198 posts
2414 upvotes
Doubleshot wrote: That's a great deal.. I got offered samething for $129 before when I left but I just need internet and had tv lite already

Will you just keep the modem in case need to switch back after a year?

Was canceling easy?

Any AC1200 or above router will be fine...if you want something cheap and don't intend to mod... refurbished dlinks from Best buy or Walmart are my go-to

Unless you live in condo or small house, get a router with powered antennas and not the cylinder ones
Awesome tip. Grabbed a refurbished dlink 1200 for $40 at WM. Thank you!
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8103 upvotes
wildzero wrote: Awesome tip. Grabbed a refurbished dlink 1200 for $40 at WM. Thank you!
If you guys want a good router, you should check out the refurbished Dlink 868L at the Source:

https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/computer ... /108043728

I bought one. It arrived in like new condition. It has great range and oustanding performance. I've been running it for almost a year now and I haven't had to reboot it once. It's been rock solid stable on the latest stock firmware. I'm running it on a Rogers gigabit connection and it's able to resolve the full gigabit speed. Highly recommended. Don't forget you can add a filler item and then apply the $25 email coupon at the Source. PSP discount also. I'm seeing $62.99 with the PSP discount. Free shipping to a store location.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2007
1807 posts
35 upvotes
gcgeforce wrote: I called the Business Service phone# at teksavvy to cancel as I waited to long on the other #.
Just cancelled with teksavvy. Better off sending an email but I waited for a week until they replied
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
1338 posts
451 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
SickBeast wrote: If you guys want a good router, you should check out the refurbished Dlink 868L at the Source:

https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/computer ... /108043728

I bought one. It arrived in like new condition. It has great range and oustanding performance. I've been running it for almost a year now and I haven't had to reboot it once. It's been rock solid stable on the latest stock firmware. I'm running it on a Rogers gigabit connection and it's able to resolve the full gigabit speed. Highly recommended. Don't forget you can add a filler item and then apply the $25 email coupon at the Source. PSP discount also. I'm seeing $62.99 with the PSP discount. Free shipping to a store location.
Featurewise it's good but these cylinder router don't have the greatest wifi coverage from my experience...I had a refurbished D860L and at the ends of the house on the floors above and below router it was iffy. I got the d-859 with a few powered antennas and it's better and don't need to use extender

But if in smaller house or condo..these cylinder ones are fine and look quite nice
Jan 23, 2008
65 posts
42 upvotes
Richmond Hill
zhadj030 wrote: Just ordered the plan from them two days ago, got confirmation today for the rogers tech to show up next Thursday.
Changing my father's plan from Distributell from 37 Cable 6/1 Mb to the 75/10 Mb.
The "retention" guy proposed to match the plan as well as the price but he told he can do it only for one year, so I told him no thank you
The cancelling call only took 15 min and was very quick and understanding. Thank you RFD again, (I keep wondering why did the topic about it keep disappearing.)
I am a noob for internet modems but just wondering whether the modem we have to buy is good or not.
Thought a tech is only needed for first time cable installation and not if you are only switching isp. I too am planning to switch from Distributel
Aug 5, 2011
699 posts
423 upvotes
Just to clarify:

1) the $49 Technicolor modem for FTTN is a wireless Technicolor modem?
2) the $99 Technicolor modem for cable is a wired modem?
3) the $129 Hiltron modem for cable is also another wired modem? How does Hiltron compare to the Technicolor?

Are there any plus sides to getting a wired modem + router, over a wireless modem?

With the former, you are paying for 24h electricity for two devices so I am hoping there would be some benefit at least...
Last edited by ArchEnemy on Jul 28th, 2017 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
1338 posts
451 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
ArchEnemy wrote: Just to clarify:

1) the $49 technicolor modem for FTTN is a wireless modem?
2) the $99 technicolor modem for cable is a wired modem?

Are there any plus sides to getting a wired modem + router, over a wireless modem?

With the former, you are paying for 24h electricity for two devices so I am hoping there would be some benefit at least...
Imo it's always better for a dedicated router and modem...the all in ones don't have as good of range and very basic settings . The router part of the 2in1 are at very best a mediocre router