Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
carrytel

Carrytel internet 150 mbps for 49.99 (Ont)

Banned
Dec 5, 2015
1338 posts
451 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
discostar wrote: Here are tonight's results, wired connection to the modem. I have tried wifi speed tests with the same results so it is not my Asus router or wifi interference from my neighbours.
Looks like you're on WiFi from first pic? It shows wifi symbol

But clearly doesn't work for you... great thing is you can cancel anytime ...why are you still using it?

You joined this site a weeks ago with a grand total of 12 posts...all crapoing on carrytel since your first post...didn't even have any posts before asking about service, any questions or comment in any other thread on any topic in this forum

Hmmmmm

You working for cannet or retention for a tpia? Lol
Aug 12, 2017
767 posts
323 upvotes
Mississauga
My first bill from Carrytel was close to $200 so I can not quit after just weeks of service and pay another $200 for different ISP.
Please do not use the same advice to everybody about the wifi signal, this is what Carrytel is telling me like if I did not know how to connect my laptop directly to the modem.
Here is the history of last night's results, why don't you show the evening speed test history not just pick the best speed test and post it here.
I do not work for any ISP and you do not have to be so defensive. All I am doing is sharing my experience with ISP.
Most likely you work for Carrytel, not that I really care.
Images
  • image.jpg
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
1338 posts
451 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
discostar wrote: My first bill from Carrytel was close to $200 so I can not quit after just weeks of service and pay another $200 for different ISP.
Please do not use the same advice to everybody about the wifi signal, this is what Carrytel is telling me like if I did not know how to connect my laptop directly to the modem.
Here is the history of last night's results, why don't you show the evening speed test history not just pick the best speed test and post it here.
I do not work for any ISP and you do not have to be so defensive. All I am doing is sharing my experience with ISP.
Why did you purposely not show the whole screen...where like your old screenshot where it shows it's on WiFi?

As for your first bill..it include modem purchase..you can bring and use your modem with any other tpia

I just noticed you signed up a week ago with total of 12 posts all bashing carrytel but with 0 posts before even asking any questions about the service... hard to not question that ...much like Amazon seller with 0 or minimal feedback

But then..I've only been using carrytel for 6 months...maybe next month it'll crap out
Images
  • Screenshot_20170823-080005.png
Last edited by Doubleshot on Aug 23rd, 2017 7:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Feb 7, 2017
820 posts
511 upvotes
discostar wrote: My first bill from Carrytel was close to $200 so I can not quit after just weeks of service and pay another $200 for different ISP.
These are the reviews I would like to see. Looks like there is congestion during peak hours. Which area are you in?
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19240 posts
17869 upvotes
GTA, ON
Zaslav wrote: Stupid question, but if I switch to Carrytel do I need to call Rogers to cancel first?

Or will Carrytel auto cancel with Rogers when I enter a transfer date when registering through the Carrytel website?
No you do not need to cancel Rogers first in order to try Carrytel. Have the CSRs told you this, because if they have, that's shaddy.

I've been reading this a lot on the competitor's thread where they're telling their potential customers to cancel first. This is a shaddy ploy to try to make it a PITA to switch back if things don't work out and hopefully keep them as reluctant customers.

Keep your current ISP and if CarryTel works for you, great, cancel that ISP on day 6 of the trial. If it doesn't work for you, cancel CarryTel (on day 6) and keep your current ISP without worry of a break in service.

The reason I say day 6 instead of day 7 is to avoid any confusion with the trial period expiration, and thus saving yourself potential financial headaches.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Jul 4, 2017
8 posts
15 upvotes
When the guy comes to install the modem, does he provide the coaxial cable? My modem did not come with it.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4772 posts
1561 upvotes
It's unfortunate for you and I agree. It works great for some people and really bad for some others. I guess people just have to hope when they sign up.

I've been lucky that speeds have so far been good for me whenever I use the internet.
Here's a speedtest I've done just now. I'll do another one tonight and post here.

Test done at night
Last edited by Totoriko on Aug 23rd, 2017 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4772 posts
1561 upvotes
SlickLord wrote: When the guy comes to install the modem, does he provide the coaxial cable? My modem did not come with it.
Yes they provide it
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19240 posts
17869 upvotes
GTA, ON
SlickLord wrote: When the guy comes to install the modem, does he provide the coaxial cable? My modem did not come with it.
It's a Rogers tech, so just ask for one and they'll give you one free of charge. Any parts are included in the service visit. He'll probably ask you how long you want it.

tip: If you are running a coax cable a significant distance along the baseboard, ask for white cable, it blends in with the white baseboards, less noticeable and less tacky.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19240 posts
17869 upvotes
GTA, ON
Update on my speeds 4mths in:

Still getting near the advertised 100/10M speed throughout the day, however now noticing a congestion slow down during peak times (7-10pm). Ranging betwen 50-70M in the evening.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

Aug 12, 2017
767 posts
323 upvotes
Mississauga
Doubleshot wrote: Why did you purposely not show the whole screen...where like your old screenshot where it shows it's on WiFi?

As for your first bill..it include modem purchase..you can bring and use your modem with any other tpia

I just noticed you signed up a week ago with total of 12 posts all bashing carrytel but with 0 posts before even asking any questions about the service... hard to not question that ...much like Amazon seller with 0 or minimal feedback

But then..I've only been using carrytel for 6 months...maybe next month it'll crap out
Thanks, you have proven my point. Your speeds are not consistent and are all over the place, as much as 50% down. Not as bad as mine yet but as more people are taking advantage of this low pricing I am pretty sure the quality will continue to degrade. Unless Carrytel will keep purchasing more bandwidth.
Jul 5, 2010
613 posts
323 upvotes
Toronto
I have rogers Fiber to home and also Bell fiber to home. Do you guys serve such new builds. There is bo copper wire from bell or coax from rogers.

Do you serve such dwellings?
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
16012 posts
7474 upvotes
RFD
I was thinking the same thing... His first pic is on a Nexus 6P, thats a high end phone with a great camera. Then subsequent photos are really bad photos, likely not from a Nexus 6P.

I also noticed an usual number of recent users with few number of posts in this thread all with poor reviews. I'm just skeptical, but I guess I will know soon enough as my install is on Monday.
Doubleshot wrote: Looks like you're on WiFi from first pic? It shows wifi symbol

But clearly doesn't work for you... great thing is you can cancel anytime ...why are you still using it?

You joined this site a weeks ago with a grand total of 12 posts...all crapoing on carrytel since your first post...didn't even have any posts before asking about service, any questions or comment in any other thread on any topic in this forum

Hmmmmm

You working for cannet or retention for a tpia? Lol
Aug 12, 2017
767 posts
323 upvotes
Mississauga
Actually I unplugged the Ethernet cable from the router and plugged it in to my laptop, then used IPhone to take a photo. The iPhone shows the wifi signal because my router was still on but there was no wireless connection since the router was not connected to the modem.
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
1338 posts
451 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
discostar wrote: Thanks, you have proven my point. Your speeds are not consistent and are all over the place, as much as 50% down. Not as bad as mine yet but as more people are taking advantage of this low pricing I am pretty sure the quality will continue to degrade. Unless Carrytel will keep purchasing more bandwidth.
Consistently at 80Mbps or above yes

The two test results of 122 and 180 was on Rogers 100Mbps service and with them...I always got faster speeds than my plan.

Carrytel has been consistently around 80-100 but never above 100
Aug 12, 2017
767 posts
323 upvotes
Mississauga
I thought that you were on 150 Mbps connection when I saw 188 Mbps speeds. For me sometimes I am getting 120 Mbps after 11 pm and that is the only time that it goes above 100 Mbps. At first I thought that Carrytel throttles and after 11 pm when they open up the gates the speeds goes above the set limit, but then who knows.
Most likely Mississauga area is oversold now because I was getting very good speeds in the first few weeks even in the prime time.
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
1338 posts
451 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
discostar wrote: I thought that you were on 150 Mbps connection when I saw 188 Mbps speeds. For me sometimes I am getting 120 Mbps after 11 pm and that is the only time that it goes above 100 Mbps. At first I thought that Carrytel throttles and after 11 pm when they open up the gates the speeds goes above the set limit, but then who knows.
Most likely Mississauga area is oversold now because I was getting very good speeds in the first few weeks even in the prime time.
I am on 100Mbps plan

But as you aren't getting what your plan is for..you should cancel or switch ..ebox has a good deal especially since you own your modem now
Oct 24, 2013
25 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
discostar wrote: Here are tonight's results, wired connection to the modem. I have tried wifi speed tests with the same results so it is not my Asus router or wifi interference from my neighbours.

Recent account with no credibility. These pictures taken on a 1 megapixel camera? Those pictures look sketchy to me, you got a phone status bar and windows taskbar in one picture. If you taken the picture with your phone camera there wouldn't be any status bar on top, not sure where you found that picture, but you can blur it a bit more.
Images
  • 1000x750_smart_fit2.jpg
Aug 12, 2017
767 posts
323 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks for the input, I will try tonight to do a better job.
Feb 5, 2007
889 posts
473 upvotes
Mississauga
Does anyone have any experience with their DSL? Currently with CIK, switching to their 50 at same price would be great. Parents not interested in hooking up cable. I read somewhere carrytel uses CIK too?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)