Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
carrytel

Carrytel internet 150 mbps for 49.99 (Ont)

Oct 3, 2019
2 posts
I just got carrytel and it apsolutly sucks test are coming in for 10 mbps when im on a 150 plan was with teksavvy just before this and there internet kept on going down in my area agincourt toronto but atleast i had the speeds i was paying for
Jan 9, 2008
93 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
MichaelG55926 wrote: I just got carrytel and it apsolutly sucks test are coming in for 10 mbps when im on a 150 plan was with teksavvy just before this and there internet kept on going down in my area agincourt toronto but atleast i had the speeds i was paying for
I assume it's cable. Was it cable with Teksavvy as well?
Unlimited Cell Plans & Phones(iPhone & Android) PM for details
https://www.facebook.com/CellPhoneSaver
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2007
1017 posts
1106 upvotes
GTA
Current Teksavvy user, been with them for 8 years now, but can't ignore the difference in monthly cost for the 150/15 cable internet between them and CarryTel, so just put in my order with CarryTel. I will keep the modem (my own) and Teksavvy service for a bit to compare, but at $13/difference per month, I can get that new Disney+ subsccription and have still have change in my pocket. I just felt Teksavvy has lot its price advantage to some of the other ISP.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
8978 posts
2579 upvotes
Cornwall, Ontario
Let us know how this goes.
I tried to sign up with CarryTel in January of this year.
The sign-up was accepted, but then they rejected the service apparently because Cogeco (my only cable provider in Cornwall) would not allow two ISPs (TekSavvy & CarryTel) at the same time.
I was trying to do the same thing you want to do, keep Teksavvy for a short while to see how CarryTel works out.

I wonder if I ever received my deposit back - it said that would be returned in 5 -10 days.
I need to go back and check.
Jul 16, 2015
825 posts
891 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
MichaelG55926 wrote: I just got carrytel and it apsolutly sucks test are coming in for 10 mbps when im on a 150 plan was with teksavvy just before this and there internet kept on going down in my area agincourt toronto but atleast i had the speeds i was paying for
Hey man,

I was on Carrytel and moved to Rogers 2 years ago. I had no issues with Carrytel. The only reason why I switched was because I got a better deal from Rogers but it makes me sick to be with them. Anyways, Carrytel was really reliable for me but I live in Kitchener. They use the exact same backbone, Have you tried their customer service? They were pretty prompt with me during my initial setup.

The thing is, you have one post to your name and you're making a complaint. It's not a good look unless you reply and followup in this thread. Show some pics of your speed.
Jul 16, 2015
825 posts
891 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
vn33 wrote: Current Teksavvy user, been with them for 8 years now, but can't ignore the difference in monthly cost for the 150/15 cable internet between them and CarryTel, so just put in my order with CarryTel. I will keep the modem (my own) and Teksavvy service for a bit to compare, but at $13/difference per month, I can get that new Disney+ subsccription and have still have change in my pocket. I just felt Teksavvy has lot its price advantage to some of the other ISP.
I too was with Teksavvy since the beginning, but they've turned into Rogers and Bell in their approach to customer service. In fact, they knew I was a loyal customer and I told them about how I would stay with them if they matched the deal I was getting elsewhere but they won't budge and that's the reason many of us have left to other carriers. I will admit, I'm a little salty with the experience so nowadays, I just choose the most reliable at the cheapest price.

With that being said, I had no issues with Carrytel, but that was 2 years ago. Things may have changed with them.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2007
1017 posts
1106 upvotes
GTA
krs wrote: Let us know how this goes.
I tried to sign up with CarryTel in January of this year.
The sign-up was accepted, but then they rejected the service apparently because Cogeco (my only cable provider in Cornwall) would not allow two ISPs (TekSavvy & CarryTel) at the same time.
I was trying to do the same thing you want to do, keep Teksavvy for a short while to see how CarryTel works out.

I wonder if I ever received my deposit back - it said that would be returned in 5 -10 days.
I need to go back and check.
For sure ... I'll report back once I have the service set up. When I talked with them, they said I can keep the Teksavvy service while trying out Carry Tel as the service is determined by the modem registered. Also said I can pickup modem, bring it home, plug in and I have service without a technician visit. Don't know why it takes a while but they said it'll be around Nov 26.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2007
1017 posts
1106 upvotes
GTA
dwfLuid wrote: I too was with Teksavvy since the beginning, but they've turned into Rogers and Bell in their approach to customer service. In fact, they knew I was a loyal customer and I told them about how I would stay with them if they matched the deal I was getting elsewhere but they won't budge and that's the reason many of us have left to other carriers. I will admit, I'm a little salty with the experience so nowadays, I just choose the most reliable at the cheapest price.

With that being said, I had no issues with Carrytel, but that was 2 years ago. Things may have changed with them.
Thanks for your vote of confidence in CarryTel, and I just can't ignore the monthly difference on the similar plan. My friend uses CarryTel and he has no issues also. I just think Teksavvy starts to lose the "smaller guy" touch, and choosing not to compete competitively. I won't criticize them for that, as that's how they choose to do business, but I do want to save money!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
8978 posts
2579 upvotes
Cornwall, Ontario
vn33 wrote: For sure ... I'll report back once I have the service set up. When I talked with them, they said I can keep the Teksavvy service while trying out Carry Tel as the service is determined by the modem registered. Also said I can pickup modem, bring it home, plug in and I have service without a technician visit. Don't know why it takes a while but they said it'll be around Nov 26.
Who is your cable provider?
I was told by CarryTel that Cogeco (my cable provider) would not allow two ISPs over their infrastructure at the same time.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2007
1017 posts
1106 upvotes
GTA
krs wrote: Who is your cable provider?
I was told by CarryTel that Cogeco (my cable provider) would not allow two ISPs over their infrastructure at the same time.
I'm currently with Rogers, and upcoming service through CarryTel will also be with Rogers.
I asked specifically about having an overlap of Internet service, since I work from home 2 days a week. They said that is no problem.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2007
1017 posts
1106 upvotes
GTA
First hour with CarryTel ... looks decent so far.
This is at ~4:30pm
Images
  • CarryTel.JPG
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
8978 posts
2579 upvotes
Cornwall, Ontario
Looks good - please keep us informed.

I need to have an alternative in my back pocket if I can't get a renewal deal with Bell.
Oct 3, 2019
2 posts
Robbie2k wrote: Thinking about switching to Carrytel from Rogers. Anyone know if I should buy the modem from Carrytel and since it's not wireless, does anyone have suggestions for a cheap, reliable router? Live in a condo so it doesn't need to have a lot of range.
Carrytel is a joke they suck and they know it and sit here tryna offer things they cant