Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

(Ontario only) free installation with your own vdsl modem 25m $35 and 50m $40

Dec 10, 2010
107 posts
26 upvotes
So I got mine installed 2 days ago and it was barely working last night. Speedtest (when it even worked) showed 0.5 mbit download and 3 mbit upload. I'm supposedly on the 50mbit service lol :(
Some regular sites and even googling wasn't working at times.

Today it's 3-5mbit... calling them now... not a good first impression.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
3661 posts
1080 upvotes
Whitby
Not too sure if anyone could help out in this matter but here is the problem:

I have the Technicolor TG588v hooked up and connects to my router (Archer C7) and from there it is connected to my other devices.

A problem was noticed where my NAT type is considered as bad on my Nintendo Switch and I am unable to play multiplayer on it.

I have read that I need to change my modem into bridge mode and I have followed Carrytel's directions to a T. The only issue is, after the modem is placed into bridge mode and the router is connected to the modem via the specified port, there is no internet available. Restarting the router also does not help.

Is there a step I am missing? I have called Carrytel and TP LInk and they all claim their hardware is free of fault and blaming each other.

I know this is a dead thread but I am hoping someone who has gone through this may shed some light on the entire matter.

Thank you in advance!
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2005
3176 posts
691 upvotes
azn_dan wrote: Not too sure if anyone could help out in this matter but here is the problem:

I have the Technicolor TG588v hooked up and connects to my router (Archer C7) and from there it is connected to my other devices.

A problem was noticed where my NAT type is considered as bad on my Nintendo Switch and I am unable to play multiplayer on it.

I have read that I need to change my modem into bridge mode and I have followed Carrytel's directions to a T. The only issue is, after the modem is placed into bridge mode and the router is connected to the modem via the specified port, there is no internet available. Restarting the router also does not help.

Is there a step I am missing? I have called Carrytel and TP LInk and they all claim their hardware is free of fault and blaming each other.

I know this is a dead thread but I am hoping someone who has gone through this may shed some light on the entire matter.

Thank you in advance!
For Step 5 of the instructions to put the modem into bridge mode, did you tick the box for "Enable VLAN tagging on the LAN Side"? And what ethernet port did you select? Make sure that your Archer C7 is connected to the ethernet port you selected.

Once you have done the above, log into your router by going to http://192.168.0.1/ on your web browser, on the left hand menu, select "Network".

Under the first field, "WAN Connection Type", select PPPoE, then type in the username and password (which you can find on the sticker on the modem), then click save and wait a few minutes for the router to update the settings and see if that works.

Hope this helps.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
3661 posts
1080 upvotes
Whitby
Noob1ee wrote: For Step 5 of the instructions to put the modem into bridge mode, did you tick the box for "Enable VLAN tagging on the LAN Side"? And what ethernet port did you select? Make sure that your Archer C7 is connected to the ethernet port you selected.

Once you have done the above, log into your router by going to http://192.168.0.1/ on your web browser, on the left hand menu, select "Network".

Under the first field, "WAN Connection Type", select PPPoE, then type in the username and password (which you can find on the sticker on the modem), then click save and wait a few minutes for the router to update the settings and see if that works.

Hope this helps.
VLan tagging was not checked off and I have tried all ethernet ports without any success. THe first few times I set it up using ethernet port 2, as per the instructions, but fiddling around has yielded nothing.

I will try the remainder of your tip and get back to you on how it goes.

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
3661 posts
1080 upvotes
Whitby
Noob1ee wrote:

Hope this helps.
Just had my brother go through these steps at home and there's still no internet. in my opinion, it is a faulty modem that somehow fails to transition into bridge mode properly. Carrytel will need to change it up for us.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2005
3176 posts
691 upvotes
azn_dan wrote: VLan tagging was not checked off and I have tried all ethernet ports without any success. THe first few times I set it up using ethernet port 2, as per the instructions, but fiddling around has yielded nothing.

I will try the remainder of your tip and get back to you on how it goes.

Thanks!
To clarify, I believe the VLan tagging needs to be checked off, have you tried that already?
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
3661 posts
1080 upvotes
Whitby
Noob1ee wrote: To clarify, I believe the VLan tagging needs to be checked off, have you tried that already?
That I have not tried, since the instructions kept saying to not check it. I'll see how that goes.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)