Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

(Ontario only) free installation with your own vdsl modem 25m $35 and 50m $40

Jan 12, 2017
768 posts
2374 upvotes
I ordered 50MB and Carrytel said ok but on the installation day Bell technician told me only 25MB.
Dec 29, 2005
509 posts
159 upvotes
i emailed them about dry loop and got this
We will take care of the dry loop installation and cover the charge related.
???????? ???????
Feb 18, 2017
92 posts
19 upvotes
toronto ontario
Since i have bell hub 2000 with my bell service can i order carrytel and then use then replace my user name and password that's on my bell internet and use
the on carrytel provides and test it out. Or do i have to cancel my bell internet service and then use carrytel, basically like can i still keep my bell service and try
out carrytel and see if i like carrytel for the month? Do i need to cancel bell inorder for the technician to get carrytel to work
thanks
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
2131 posts
797 upvotes
Ottawa
lazo1969 wrote: Since i have bell hub 2000 with my bell service can i order carrytel and then use then replace my user name and password that's on my bell internet and use
the on carrytel provides and test it out. Or do i have to cancel my bell internet service and then use carrytel, basically like can i still keep my bell service and try
out carrytel and see if i like carrytel for the month? Do i need to cancel bell inorder for the technician to get carrytel to work
thanks
For house, both co-exist, no cancellation needed. For apartment, you need cancel first. In aparment case, Reseller provide test account without any payment., you just test it first before you make payment.
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Feb 18, 2017
92 posts
19 upvotes
toronto ontario
can anyone recommend where i can buy a bell hub 3000 or bell hub 2000 for carrytel
thank you
Feb 16, 2016
937 posts
494 upvotes
Casselman, Ontario
lazo1969 wrote: can anyone recommend where i can buy a bell hub 3000 or bell hub 2000 for carrytel
thank you
They're on Kijiji everywhere. That's where I bought mine.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2004
1154 posts
378 upvotes
Whitby
lazo1969 wrote: can anyone recommend where i can buy a bell hub 3000 or bell hub 2000 for carrytel
thank you
I have the 3000 and 2000 modems for sale (brand new). $184.60 plus tax.

-Jamie M.
Home server: http://ywax.us
Speedtest: Image
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
9468 posts
2408 upvotes
London
zhen30 wrote: Does carrytel work in Newmarket?
Check Bell website, if Bell 50/10 is available to your address, Carrytel will work.
Nov 26, 2003
460 posts
298 upvotes
Ottawa
So I had the 25/10 installed today. Bell technician was quick, and everything was working when he left.
I get consistent speed of 25/10 wired through the Technicolor modem and then I bridged it, and wired through my router (linksys E1200)

However both the wifi on the Technicolor modem and my linksys router were slower than 25/10. I was getting about 10/10 on the modem and 15/10 bridged through my router.
Do others have slow experience with wifi through the Technicolor modem? Maybe my router is old? It's about 6 years old, maybe time for a new one?

I see there are new routers with 802.11ac, however, none of my devices support this, would it be worth it to get a new router do you think?
May 12, 2014
997 posts
822 upvotes
Markham, ON
boofi wrote: However both the wifi on the Technicolor modem and my linksys router were slower than 25/10. I was getting about 10/10 on the modem and 15/10 bridged through my router.
Do others have slow experience with wifi through the Technicolor modem? Maybe my router is old? It's about 6 years old, maybe time for a new one?

I see there are new routers with 802.11ac, however, none of my devices support this, would it be worth it to get a new router do you think?
Can't answer if it's time for you to get a new router or not, but the slow speed is caused by your router. The wifi on the Technicolor is slow, usually around 10 mbps even if you're right beside the router. One way to test the router wifi is to copy a file from two devices connected to the router. See how fast the transfer is and that should be the max speed, assuming the bottleneck is the router.

I have a 1900AC router and can get the full speed via bridged modem, then wifi 5ghz. Can even get the full speed approx 23 mbps when the wifi signal is at half strength. My line can only do 20/5.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
2131 posts
797 upvotes
Ottawa
boofi wrote: So I had the 25/10 installed today. Bell technician was quick, and everything was working when he left.
I get consistent speed of 25/10 wired through the Technicolor modem and then I bridged it, and wired through my router (linksys E1200)

However both the wifi on the Technicolor modem and my linksys router were slower than 25/10. I was getting about 10/10 on the modem and 15/10 bridged through my router.

Test by wire AND test by wifi. If wifi is only half speed , problem is your router. Upgrade it.
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2004
1154 posts
378 upvotes
Whitby
boofi wrote: I see there are new routers with 802.11ac, however, none of my devices support this, would it be worth it to get a new router do you think?
Just disable the WiFi in the Technicolor modem and plug one of these into it, SUPER nice speed, awesome range, and you can install a second one (or more) anywhere else in your house where you need faster wifi (without even running cables to it if you don't want to/can't): https://ubnt.ca/unifi/392-unifi-ap-ac-i ... ional.html

-Jamie M.
Home server: http://ywax.us
Speedtest: Image
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2008
1833 posts
1624 upvotes
Are people with Carrytel currently satisfied with the service? I'm considering switching over, however they are at capacity. Specifically with their cable internet service.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
9468 posts
2408 upvotes
London
fancypantsfloyd wrote: Are people with Carrytel currently satisfied with the service? I'm considering switching over, however they are at capacity. Specifically with their cable internet service.
So far so good, my average usage is about 600-800GB per 30 days.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3781 posts
1770 upvotes
Edmonton
They still charging existing customers 50 bucks to go from 25 meg to 50 meg plan? I thought I saw some promotion for 50 dollar for new signups with a discounted install or modem.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
9468 posts
2408 upvotes
London
mapleleafs89 wrote: They still charging existing customers 50 bucks to go from 25 meg to 50 meg plan? I thought I saw some promotion for 50 dollar for new signups with a discounted install or modem.
Most ISP will charge existing customers a fee to switch plan. Promo is for new customers only, I think it is $39 BYOD or modem rental and free installation with purchase of modem.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8480 posts
5296 upvotes
Toronto
Can anyone else confirm that all the sites that were blocked previously are now working? Seem to work fine now.
Banned
Feb 12, 2017
69 posts
11 upvotes
yaister wrote: too bad my condo doesn't carry Bell. It only uses Rogers cable.
I think Carrytel is going to be carrying 100M Cable again soon. Another alternative would be CanNet they do 100M for $49

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)