Computers & Electronics

Carrytel Speeds Unbearably Slow (SOLVED)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2018 8:00 pm
Sep 19, 2012
239 posts
120 upvotes
Kitchener
Even worse is that I just called them and they just pass the buck onto Rogers, saying its a "group issue" with no eta.

If it's not fixed tomorrow I'm just gonna sign up for the Teksavvy DSL promo.

Paying for 75/10 btw. And in CSGO ping says 80 but its definitely playing like its 2000.
Images
  • ping.png
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
14837 posts
4199 upvotes
mumbles wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 7:46 pm
I've been getting horrible speeds today too during and after E3. I'm starting to miss TekSavvy... they may have been slower but they were more reliable. I just hope CarryTel picks it up a bit and improves their service. Their speeds are all over the place, no doubt due to throttling their bandwidth.
It seems these no name companies are not interested in user experience, they sign up more people attach them to the network and hope for the best. Sometimes this works, sometimes you get hosed. Then you get lots of customers who say its great switch to them and lots who say its crap never use them, and both are right... :facepalm:
Jimboski wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 7:48 pm
They need to stop taking in new customers until the lag has been dealt with. I've had some hiccups but nothing that really made me angry, hopefully they address the problem.
Its not likely to happen if their goal is maximum profit and who cares about our reputation or investing in stability as long as more people are coming in... :facepalm:
bmosucks wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 8:18 pm
No probs for me. In Mississauga and a line downtown Toronto. Just did this speed test downtown
Now i have the urge to buy a new Toyota. Not. Neutral Face
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Aug 27, 2008
695 posts
444 upvotes
Ottawa
My mom in Cogeco-land Kingston is getting. 67/11.

She pays for 60/10.
[OP]
Mar 5, 2014
20 posts
11 upvotes
Don't know DB rating on their upstream but this is what it is right now. Pretty sure carrytel is reading the thread and pushed my modem proper config, now my upstream is still garbage but my down is where it should be (for the time being and so is ping) Thanks for reading threads carrytel.
Images
  • Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 8.23.06 PM.png
[OP]
Mar 5, 2014
20 posts
11 upvotes
And I'm not behind a VPN. I can live with it for now. Hopefully they sort this soon.
Images
  • Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 8.40.24 PM.png
Dec 7, 2016
30 posts
50 upvotes
Where are you located? Might be in certain local areas. I just got this deal and would like to know if other people the boxgrove area are having this issue.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2010
4584 posts
651 upvotes
Toronto
Been with them for 2 months. Works great. There are times during peak time when I get a lag spike for half a minute. Other than that, it's been good.
---> Buy With Confidence! Over 80+ Feedback <---
[OP]
Mar 5, 2014
20 posts
11 upvotes
lePetitPrince wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 8:45 pm
Where are you located? Might be in certain local areas. I just got this deal and would like to know if other people the boxgrove area are having this issue.

Scarborough
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
2524 posts
651 upvotes
Markham
Solid service for 2 years, I think it's your line that has problems
Not buying something on sale ISN'T a crime, buying something not on sale IS.
Sep 19, 2012
239 posts
120 upvotes
Kitchener
On canadianoutages.com theres tons of other Rogers customers complaining about same thing (upload below 2).

Someone mentioned that a tech told them it was because of a downed trunk line in upstate NY, and eta on fix is Monday.
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
14837 posts
4199 upvotes
unclepac wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 8:38 pm
Don't know DB rating on their upstream but this is what it is right now. Pretty sure carrytel is reading the thread and pushed my modem proper config, now my upstream is still garbage but my down is where it should be (for the time being and so is ping) Thanks for reading threads carrytel.
Saturday night, traffic in your neighbourhood might be down with people going out for dinner and a show Winking Face
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2008
1190 posts
391 upvotes
Toronto
Other than occasional modem reboot, I have no issues with Carrytel

OP, is it possible that the VPN you are using is causing you trouble? I'm using PIA and there are periods that the service is slow due to server transitions.
Jul 25, 2008
746 posts
57 upvotes
Ottawa
It is probably a rotational throttle by cable.
I have speed issue occasional.
Rogets bandwidth judt saturated from all new deals
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1301 posts
446 upvotes
London
Looks like my problems were related to an outage. Some folks on Rogers are claiming there is an issue with some lines in New York and this is the reason for the downtime. Some may not see any improvements until Monday. I even had to reboot my modem today to fix some issues. I'll have to test my PS4 out again tonight and see how it goes.