Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Carrytel - ON

[Update 6: New cable subscription suspended until END of Mar] Cable service 100M/$39.99, 30M/$34.99, 15M/$29.99

Aug 24, 2015
170 posts
258 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

[Update 6: New cable subscription suspended until END of Mar] Cable service 100M/$39.99, 30M/$34.99, 15M/$29.99

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Carrytel - ON
Carrytel OFFICIALLY launched their 100/10 Mbps, 30/5 Mbps and 15/1 Mbps cable service, using Rogers cable network.
Update 6: New cable subscriptions are temporarily suspended until END OF MARCH due to high popularity and sheer number of new subscribers. *Thank you Vincom for sharing the word*
  • The 100/10 Mbps service is priced at $39.99, 30/5 Mbps at $34.99 and 15/1 Mbps at $29.99 per 30 days. You may get it directly from their website or through a reseller. Carrytel give a slightly better deals to resellers, such as lower number of installments/other modem options/lower installation cost.. depending on service package. Current feedback about the service is very positive.
  • Forum rules: Do NOT ask for resellers or referrals, otherwise this post may be deleted.
  • One week money back risk free trial (14 days extended risk free policy for those registered before Jan 19)
  • No contract
  • FREE Installation (Cable service launch offer)
  • Lease to own modem [Get it cheaper through resellers] Lease to own your modem at $5.99/Month for 12 months through resellers (15 months if ordered directly from Carrytel) with an advance payment of $39.99 (billed as installation fees!!!), and the modem is yours after the installments are paid. Or buy the modem right away for $99 for 15/1 and 30/5Mbps subscribers (or $129 for 100Mbps subscribers when subscription open again). Zero installation fee if modem is bought right away.
  • Billing period is 30 days (that comes to 1 extra bill per 5 years, i.e you'll get 61 bills in 5 years instead of 60)
  • Switching cable service speed is not free, it costs the same as moving to another address, and you may need to buy another modem.
  • Currently covered areas: GTA (except Aurora and Oshawa), Ottawa (currently only Stittsville, Barrhaven and Kanata) and Kitchener. Full GTA and Ottawa coverage is coming in March)
  • For cable service, there is NO bring your own modem option now, to ease service troubleshooting during testing period. It may be offered in March though, after testing is over. Different modems models are supplied for different speeds.
  • The modems are wired, you'll need a router/access point to get a WiFi. You may use your old AP/gateway/router/modem if it supports WiFi only (Access point) mode.
  • No bandwidth limit, this is an UNLIMITED data service. However, their terms of use states that they MAY throttle you if you went beyond 2TB of downloads in a month (though their current system configuration does not support throttling yet ;) ).
  • Carrytel assigns fixed IP addresses, a great feature for those who locally host their websites or share data. However, this is not guaranteed to stay forever; if there was a problem with your connection your IP address may be changed to reset your connection parameters.
  • You may get a previously-US IP address (cognet) which is still registered as US based in some servers, it will eventually change to Canada after some time. If you need a "very" Canadian ip address you may call the customer service and ask them to change your IP address to a Canadian one, they'll do it in minutes.
  • Currently, Technicolor TC4300 is used for 30/5 and 15/1 MBPS services and Hitron CDA3 is used for 100/10Mbps service, They has only 1 Ethernet port, no wifi. Again, you will need to connect a router/access point to have wifi.
  • RFD rules reminder: No referrals, No resellers, No retailers.
Last edited by aalqaraghuli on Dec 15th, 2016 4:20 am, edited 17 times in total.
Thread Summary
This is a great cable service offer, at the moment 30/5 Mbps and 15/1 Mbps connections are available for $35 and $30 a month respectively. The 100/10Mbps for $40 is temporarily unavailable for new subscribers due to huge demand and will be back in March.
Read the details in the original post above.
2215 replies
Jul 18, 2014
810 posts
1866 upvotes
Tillsonburg ON
wow that 100/10 sound really good might be time to say bye bye to tek savvy. Can you bring your own modem?
Apr 13, 2010
346 posts
31 upvotes
What's the bandwidth limit? 300GB? Good deal nonetheless let's hope that it is somewhat reliable.
Jul 18, 2014
810 posts
1866 upvotes
Tillsonburg ON
BoogieWilliams wrote: What's the bandwidth limit? 300GB? Good deal nonetheless let's hope that it is somewhat reliable.

Description:Cable Network, 30M downloading speed, 5M uploading speed, Unlimited data
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2014
2170 posts
341 upvotes
Mississauga
Can I use my own modem?
Oh sada kehra bapu karda black nee, Jehra tere shahir (Toronto), Le lawan flat nee
Jun 12, 2003
944 posts
49 upvotes
Markham
Planning to upgrade from my current 15/1 service to faster speed soon. Any recommendation on modem that works with the fttn 100m service?
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1192 posts
653 upvotes
I am on Carrytel DSL and skimmed through their updated ToS -- just keep in mind, for those of you that download 2TB's of keyboard drivers per month, they will probably throttle you even though it's unlimited.

I'm average user within 200-300GB so I've never experienced this.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain.
Jul 18, 2014
810 posts
1866 upvotes
Tillsonburg ON
enceladus9 wrote: I am on Carrytel DSL and skimmed through their updated ToS -- just keep in mind, for those of you that download 2TB's of keyboard drivers per month, they will probably throttle you even though it's unlimited.

I'm average user within 200-300GB so I've never experienced this.
I would have to try really hard to get 2TB's. With my tek savvy i get 400GB's might use 200 on a good month, only thing i would be worried about is the reliable of the service. Would it be the same as rogers?
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
3873 posts
1142 upvotes
GTA
I don't see any option for 'bring your own modem'. It's either rent or buy from them.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2004
1575 posts
348 upvotes
Ajax
Getting my 100M cable internet service installed today. Will keep this thread updated. I purchased Technicolor TC4350 from Carrytel.
Dec 17, 2009
679 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Greetings, been with them for just over 1 month. Hiccup free, with exception to the last 5 hours. My internet has been down from 2am-7am. Back up and running now, don't know if it was their issue or Ma' Bell, but the issue was rectified without a phone call.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
4644 posts
1679 upvotes
West Side GTA
Wow I should really jump on board for this when they advertise the 100/10...

For someone non techy like my parents, can someone tell me in a nutshell why someone would take DSL over Cable or vice versa when both are offered? Parents are thinking of getting rid of their bell isp given it's just rising.
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19126 posts
9045 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Who runs Carrytel? Do they have any congestion issues or slow latency issues during peak hours? If they do then there is no point in singing up because it just means slow, unreliable service.

I have friends who are with CIK and had nightly congestion issues with bad ping in the past.
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Aug 24, 2015
170 posts
258 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Efx wrote: Getting my 100M cable internet service installed today. Will keep this thread updated. I purchased Technicolor TC4350 from Carrytel.
This is great, please keep us posted about your installation experience, the service, and a speed test (Is the ping good for online gaming?).
How did you get that service? Are you migrating from the fiber plan due to issues or what?
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
4638 posts
799 upvotes
Toronto
Been waiting for this deal,I will switch from their DSL 25/10 to Cable 100/10 and also cancel Teksavvy at my niece place for this one as well.
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Oct 4, 2010
222 posts
284 upvotes
Burlington
Does anyone know how to Check Availability? I'm in Oakville and a lot of the time our options are limited, but I think I'm about ready to ditch cable and fast unlimited internet at this price would be encouraging.
May 5, 2015
269 posts
403 upvotes
Dundas, ON
anyone with their dsl 25/10 plan, hows the service for you? I live in Hamilton and I'm getting anywhere between 6Mb-25Mb, it's super unstable.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
8079 posts
3858 upvotes
Hmm...very tempting to upgrade from my 50/10 DSL Carrytel service once 100/10 cable is available! Will they offer referrals for this? I was planning to refer my parents.

EDIT: Answered my own question...no referrals for cable.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
9468 posts
2408 upvotes
London
-=phelan=- wrote: Wow I should really jump on board for this when they advertise the 100/10...

For someone non techy like my parents, can someone tell me in a nutshell why someone would take DSL over Cable or vice versa when both are offered? Parents are thinking of getting rid of their bell isp given it's just rising.
DSL lower ping and speed will not be affected by your neighbours' usage but limit to 50/10 max unless you have FTTH.

Cable slightly higher ping and speed will be affected by your neighbours if they are all on cable. Nonetheless, can have service faster than 50/10.
Last edited by apvm on Dec 15th, 2016 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
9468 posts
2408 upvotes
London
ssprod1 wrote: Greetings, been with them for just over 1 month. Hiccup free, with exception to the last 5 hours. My internet has been down from 2am-7am. Back up and running now, don't know if it was their issue or Ma' Bell, but the issue was rectified without a phone call.
My router did not show downtime during those hours. Maybe a Bell thing.
chenw25 wrote: anyone with their dsl 25/10 plan, hows the service for you? I live in Hamilton and I'm getting anywhere between 6Mb-25Mb, it's super unstable.
I have 50/10 and I am getting 40-46/10 depends on time of day. What is your upload speed? If you don't get full 10, it may means that your line is not stable due to old wires etc or too far from Node. By the way, your speed is tested on wire not wireless, right?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)