None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4336 posts
85 upvotes
GTA

Casa Imperial Fine Chinese Cuisine

Has anyone visited this place yet at Warden & Steeles in Toronto?

It used to be Devonsleigh Place > Prime Restaurant to now Casa Imperial Fine Chinese Cuisine.
Is it a fine dining Chinese Restaurant? Any reviews would be appreciated.
28 replies
Mar 19, 2006
58 posts
yes it's fine dining chinese, never been though... only know that it's own by the same people as Full House (finch and midland, highway 7)
Jan 23, 2004
359 posts
14 upvotes
Dim sum is expansive. It's llike $2.50+ for a small.
Apr 12, 2006
375 posts
don't expect too much out of this place
the quality of food does not justify the price they charge
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
6642 posts
311 upvotes
Toronto
So the dim sum and other dishes are not up to par with the prices?

Better food can be found with other cheaper restaurants??
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2004
4066 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto
ferkel wrote:Has anyone visited this place yet at Warden & Steeles in Toronto?

It used to be Devonsleigh Place > Prime Restaurant to now Casa Imperial Fine Chinese Cuisine.
Is it a fine dining Chinese Restaurant? Any reviews would be appreciated.
Sorry a little OT here... but Devonsleigh Place used to be there for the longest time, right? I remembered it was there in early 2003 when a friend held his b-day and invited us there. I don't remember the food but the place is nice.
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Aug 17, 2005
260 posts
4 upvotes
I remember Devonsleigh Place had really good steak. It's too bad only Chinese-oriented businesses can survive in that area.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2004
7557 posts
60 upvotes
I can only relate a story that my parents told me when they went there with the rest of my family. from my understanding the wait staff there are rude and aren't very helpful considering they market themselves as a higher end place.

One of the items that my aunt almost bit into had a piece of glass in it (don't know if it was a dim sum or noodle what not). They informed the waiter who took the plate of food back, no apology, and didn't even bother to replace it. suffice it to say they won't be going back.
Back for a limited engagement.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
6642 posts
311 upvotes
Toronto
I jsut drove past this place and i presume it was lunch time and the lot was full!!!

Not sure if I want to try this place out, but not too many reviews and the ones posted are too vague.

Are most dishes considered medium and the favourites considered as large eg Hai Gaw, Cheung Fun, Siu Mai etc....
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
554 upvotes
Melfice wrote:Dim sum is expansive. It's llike $2.50+ for a small.
that's not expensive.
Jul 6, 2005
52 posts
I heard an order of soya sauce beef fried rice noodle cost $16. Is that expensive enough?
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
554 upvotes
tkshum wrote:I heard an order of soya sauce beef fried rice noodle cost $16. Is that expensive enough?
not really..its on par with the nicer chinese restaurants. e.g. the one at hwy 7/warden, one inside doubtree hotel, lai wah heen etc...
Mar 23, 2004
332 posts
6 upvotes
Yeah I remember when they used to serve steak there. As I remember it, it was very good service back then. I tried to get in one Sunday, but the place was so packed I just left. After hearing the story about the glass in the food, I don't think I'll even try again. Why is good service hard to find nowadays?
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2004
3485 posts
171 upvotes
Toronto
seems like nothing but negative reviews. But since it is borderline Markham and they call themselves "fine dinning" people will still show up because it makes them feel better than us regular folk.
Jan 23, 2004
359 posts
14 upvotes
You are only eating the decor, as in the saying in chinese. I will goto the restaurant over at Kennedy and Denison, $1.50 for a dish.
× < >