Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
1487 posts
97 upvotes

Which case to get for iPhone 6s?

Hello All,

So I'm joining the rest of my family and moving over to Apple. I'm looking at which case to get for my newish 6s. I can get an "IPHONE 6/6s BRANDED SLIM CASES BETTER THAN OTTERBOX" from kijij for $40 or an otter box commuter for the 6s for about the same price.

Guys, I'm not looking to be flamed for getting an iPhone and moving over to the dark side, just an honest opinion from users.

Thanks in advance for your time and thoughts.
16 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
11228 posts
946 upvotes
Kanata
I like the spigen cases. The armor are good if you want protection. Not as bulky as an Otterbox so that's a preference you have to decide on, if you want the bulk for protection.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
23070 posts
2031 upvotes
Aurora
The Otterbox Commuter is not that bad. It's a good case. It is definitely better than some no name brand case that claims to be better than the Otterbox

Can't go wrong with Spigen either.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2013
3055 posts
461 upvotes
Brampton ON
Only case I trust for my phone is Ottetrbox. I recommend Otter box Symettry Series.
VirginMobile $55 8gb (BYOP)Samsung A5 2017 Next Freedom Mobile $59 S8 or A5
Do A Math Before Signing Contract or Buying Phone Outright (this will vary on your plan price & usage)

Feb 24, 2009
442 posts
110 upvotes
My company got us iPhone 6s phones and I bought the Rhinoshield playproof off amazon for $30 I watched some videos from mobile reviews eh on YouTube and this one was one of the better rated ones for drop protection and slimness I also got a Spigen tempered glass screen protector 2 pack for $11. The other case I was considering was the Spigen tough armor tech as that was a good price as well.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
1487 posts
97 upvotes
1-anh wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 1:43 pm
My company got us iPhone 6s phones and I bought the Rhinoshield playproof off amazon for $30 I watched some videos from mobile reviews eh on YouTube and this one was one of the better rated ones for drop protection and slimness I also got a Spigen tempered glass screen protector 2 pack for $11. The other case I was considering was the Spigen tough armor tech as that was a good price as well.
Interesting, thanks
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
1487 posts
97 upvotes
Anyone have any issues with the fit/accessibility with the Otterbox defender or commuter? Seem like some reviewers have had issues.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2003
11820 posts
882 upvotes
Toronto
Got a iPhone 6s plus defender for a friend. With a tempered glass screen protector, it's a bit tight but the case fits together and the phone is well protected.
Nov 7, 2016
51 posts
12 upvotes
Canada
First of all, welcome to the Dark Side! The 6s is a pretty nice phone Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

Do you look for style or protection?  Silicone cases offer both, without bulk (I'm a gal with a 7 Plus and small hands so I stay away from that). I dropped my phone on its corner, on a Best Buy's concrete floor and everything was ok. My screen (I have a tempered glass installed),  Silicone case and BB's floor! So they definitely offer decent protection.

However, if you want even more increased protection, go for Otterbox, Spigen or Incipio (they all add different amount of bulk and weight to your device, so you might want to take that into consideration). I like the Otterbox Commuter and Symmetry as well as Spigen cases. Speck are cool too =)

Otherwise, if you just want style, there are some hard plastic or TPU gel cases all around Kijiji and Amazon (I purposely omitted eBay).

So think budget, look, protection and bulk!

I hope it helped =)
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2013
3055 posts
461 upvotes
Brampton ON
sam123 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 8:02 am
Hello All,

So I'm joining the rest of my family and moving over to Apple. I'm looking at which case to get for my newish 6s. I can get an "IPHONE 6/6s BRANDED SLIM CASES BETTER THAN OTTERBOX" from kijij for $40 or an otter box commuter for the 6s for about the same price.

Guys, I'm not looking to be flamed for getting an iPhone and moving over to the dark side, just an honest opinion from users.

Thanks in advance for your time and thoughts.
The slim case better than otterbox will be the apple Care or Insurance.
VirginMobile $55 8gb (BYOP)Samsung A5 2017 Next Freedom Mobile $59 S8 or A5
Do A Math Before Signing Contract or Buying Phone Outright (this will vary on your plan price & usage)

Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
7783 posts
495 upvotes
Toronto
Gee wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 12:02 pm
The Otterbox Commuter is not that bad. It's a good case. It is definitely better than some no name brand case that claims to be better than the Otterbox

Can't go wrong with Spigen either.
I always used to buy the spigen neo hybrid cases and the trim ring that's painted breaks very easily. I got the otterbox defender and hate the bulk it adds but it's definitely added protection.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
23070 posts
2031 upvotes
Aurora
XtremeModder wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 12:55 pm
I always used to buy the spigen neo hybrid cases and the trim ring that's painted breaks very easily. I got the otterbox defender and hate the bulk it adds but it's definitely added protection.
The Commuter is thiner and offers 80% of the protection of the Defender
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
7783 posts
495 upvotes
Toronto
Gee wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 1:17 am
The Commuter is thiner and offers 80% of the protection of the Defender
I was debating on getting that and using the defender for when I go away on trips or weekend trips just incase. But I wonder how the protection of the neo-hybrid vs the commuter is
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel