Cell Phones

Which case should I Get for iphone 7 Plus, do I need a screen protector too?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 21st, 2017 6:18 pm
Jul 10, 2013
486 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
Rockstead wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 8:09 am
I'm purchasing my first iPhone 7 Plus and was wondering what is the best type of case to have, I'm a guy so I tend to give my phone in my pocket,

I tend to keep keep my car key fob and very few keys in the same pocket as my phone, I was hoping to just have a bumper type case to protect from drops and I was wondering if a screen protector is required? And if so, which one? I don't like the idea of a screen protector because in the past I find it took some of that nice screen feeling away.

Your input appreciated, if you could specify make and model of accessories if you recommend it, are apple cases the best?
My friend, i strongly suggest you keep your $1000 phone in a different pocket.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
2717 posts
103 upvotes
So I think I decided on the Spigen Slim armor bumper, and it has a kick stand built in, it's pretty form fitting, I would prefer the Apple case but this will provide more protection if it is dropped.

I found a local repair shop that installs Tempered glass generic for $15 total, it might not be as thick as the best tempered glass ones out there.
Nov 7, 2016
84 posts
13 upvotes
Canada
Tempered glass screen protector then an Otterbox Symmetry if you want protection and a little bulk!
Nov 7, 2016
84 posts
13 upvotes
Canada
Gee wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 7:42 pm
The leather case is great, but the screen protector will not cover the entire screen because it is curved at the edges.

I would try to keep the keys in an alternate pocket. Even if you manage to scratch the phone with your keys, it will not affect the screen, only the edge of the glass.
Rockstead wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 9:13 pm
No one makes a tempered glass screen protector that covers the entire iPhone Plus 7 screen? I only say tempered glass because I keep reading that is what people recommend.
bomber17 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 9:45 pm
They can't make a tempered glass protector because the side of the glass are curved slightly. If they cover the whole screen, it'll be lifting at the sides and dust/dirt will get in and ruin it.

http://www.techarmor.com/edgetoedge
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
1619 posts
816 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
The reviews prove that edge to edge has a major flaw. It'll lift up over time. It's just like the S7 edge protector, the edge is useless and lifts up.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer. Beware of their tactics.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25403 posts
2755 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Rockstead wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 9:13 pm
No one makes a tempered glass screen protector that covers the entire iPhone Plus 7 screen? I only say tempered glass because I keep reading that is what people recommend.
Tempered glass is the new thing, but I still prefer the matte plastic screen protectors. But the are getting harder to find.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
2717 posts
103 upvotes
So I decided on the Spigen Slim black with Kick stand along with tempered glass screen protector.

The protector is just,generic, one store sells and applies for $10 which is. 26mm and 2.5d, another store sells and applies for $15, not sure of the specs.

How does that sound for case and does the $10 specs of screen protector sound ok?

I'm also ordering the Spigen magnetic vent mount holder for my car, i know it messes with wireless charging, but I'm hoping apple pay still works.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25403 posts
2755 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
I suggest you get a magnetic windows mount (suction cup) and then stick a small metal plate between your phone and case

The vent ones are terrible, a speed bump and your phone can go flying.