Beauty & Wellness

Cash back from my Dentist

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2017 7:14 pm
Banned
Jun 19, 2017
256 posts
180 upvotes
This thread is pathetic. Delete this before someone finds this on the internet and chooses not to work with you
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
10086 posts
975 upvotes
Markham
Realtors are comparing themselves to Dentists now ???
Aug 15, 2017
40 posts
6 upvotes
I started reading this thread and am completely lost? What's the deal here? There is obviously some history here with the OP and Dentists? And why are realtors being thrown into the conversation?

Either way, but if your Dentist is willing to do cash deals, or any other workaound, how could you ever trust someone who is clearly dodgy? Don't complain when s**t goes south.
Jun 28, 2011
229 posts
32 upvotes
VANCOUVER
I've read stories of dental offices abusing insurance and overcharging clients, etc.
Thankfully I've never had to deal with this and I don't like the idea of practitioners doing cash deals. It sounds dodgy and what if the dentist is audited?
No thanks.
Aug 15, 2017
40 posts
6 upvotes
travelandshoppingwoman77 wrote:
Oct 7th, 2017 5:24 pm
I've read stories of dental offices abusing insurance and overcharging clients, etc.
Thankfully I've never had to deal with this and I don't like the idea of practitioners doing cash deals. It sounds dodgy and what if the dentist is audited?
No thanks.
Exactly. If a dentist is bending the rules and frankly breaking the law by doing cash deals, he/she by definition is a criminal and not trustworthy.

I always ask my patients this same question when they begin questioning our fees: if you needed surgery for anything, a broken arm, appendix, etc. would you really seek out the cheapest surgeon or would you seek out the best surgeon? And if you dont think teeth matter or compare in value to say the rest of your body, ask a dentist what his/her patients think after they have lost most of their teeth?
Jun 28, 2011
229 posts
32 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Dental health is very important and it's not just for appearances. Gum disease, etc. can affect your health in other areas and vice versa.
A good dentist will ask about your overall health (mine does).
Temp. Banned
Apr 6, 2016
277 posts
8 upvotes
Realtors draw a separate contract for a cash back this is common. Dentists by and large are crooked and too greedy to offer this incentive.