• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2010 10:47 pm
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
7974 posts
1458 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Casio Privia PX-130 Digital Piano W/ Bench $449 At Costco

Regular price is $599. $150 off until 8/22 for $449 in store or $479 delivered, online. I'm not a player, but it seems to have decent tone, 88 weighted keys, pedals and a bench. Probably good for beginner to intermediate levels, I'd guess.

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.asp ... opnav=&s=1
30 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2007
1864 posts
306 upvotes
Springfield
The Adagio series is also $140 off.
Deal Guru
Oct 9, 2007
10000 posts
1373 upvotes
Kanata
We just got the Casio Celviano-620BK the other day. Excellent sound, although I find the keys to be a bit too loose for my clumsy fingers. Not sure if that is par for the course with digital pianos, but it's the only thing I don't like about it.

Even with $400 off, it was $1100 which is a bit much for our entry-level needs. This one might have been a better starter piano until we figure out if our kids are the next Mozarts or not...
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
28318 posts
823 upvotes

Bought it. Seems okay, though my son reports "sparks" but unverified when we tested it. Its basically a keyboard you mount to the pedestal. About the best packing job I've ever seen, btw.
Hail Eris!
Dec 19, 2005
834 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
hagbard wrote:
Aug 17th, 2010 6:26 pm

Bought it. Seems okay, though my son reports "sparks" but unverified when we tested it. Its basically a keyboard you mount to the pedestal. About the best packing job I've ever seen, btw.
Did you buy it in store? or online?
How was the delivery method? did they call to confirm that you are home before they delivered it?
For sale:

"If the theory doesn't match the fact, change the fact"
Heatware
Jun 25, 2006
148 posts
13 upvotes
Calgary
I think this price is an awesome deal, I was considering the PX-130 before since I was getting back into piano, but ended up with the PX-730 since that was on sale at Costco and the PX-130 wasn't. For that price I think it'd be hard to find anything new and with a bench as well. Bench + pedestals cost quite a bit separately.

So far my PX-730's held up fine, I don't play regularly though. Also, I agree their packaging is very well done, their individual packaging for each part meant I was able to take apart the main box and fit all the pieces into my Corolla.
Dec 19, 2005
834 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
how much did you pay for the px730?
just want to see if it's worth it for me to wait for px730 to go on sale again.
For sale:

"If the theory doesn't match the fact, change the fact"
Heatware
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
7974 posts
1458 upvotes
Toronto
On closer inspection I found a number of functions that aren't obvious at first glance in the store. Mostly due to the fact that they use the keys themselves as buttons for a number of these features, I assume to maintain an uncluttered piano like appearance. There are actually a number of other sounds Pipe Organ, elec pianos, strings, 6-8 extra in all, plus a number of pre recorded songs 50-100 or more, as well as adjustments for sound and keyboard touch etc.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
28318 posts
823 upvotes
moko wrote:
Aug 17th, 2010 10:32 pm
Did you buy it in store? or online?
How was the delivery method? did they call to confirm that you are home before they delivered it?
In store. Threw in in the back of my Jeep with a rear seat down. The box is very long, and taking all the separate boxes out won't help that much. I think it should hold up very well if you have it shipped, but it will cost you $30 more.
Hail Eris!
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2005
2089 posts
134 upvotes
Has anyone ordered and gotten this delivered from ordering online? Wondering if online is exact same as instore. Specifically,

1. Does this come with one pedal or three? Online information is confusing, says three pedals but included is only a sustain?

2. No dust cover (like say the PX730)?
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
28318 posts
823 upvotes
ShopperfiendTO wrote:
Aug 21st, 2010 3:29 pm
Has anyone ordered and gotten this delivered from ordering online? Wondering if online is exact same as instore. Specifically,

1. Does this come with one pedal or three? Online information is confusing says three pedals but included is only a sustain?
Three.

no dust cover.
Hail Eris!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
7974 posts
1458 upvotes
Toronto
ShopperfiendTO wrote:
Aug 21st, 2010 3:29 pm

1. Does this come with one pedal or three? Online information is confusing, says three pedals but included is only a sustain?

It looks like the regular model PX-130 comes without a bench and with only one pedal, the Costco model has the extras. Probably this is the source of the bad information, their just using the stock PX-130 specs. Here's the BB model for comparisson.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/cas ... 0daa1aen02
× < >