• Sep 14th, 2018 4:17 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
2881 posts
1249 upvotes
Vancouver
Dang, even after trimming her tail, she got a piece stuck on her tail and left a 4ft trail. Then while we were cleaning that up, she threw up a hair ball on the rug >_<
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
2881 posts
1249 upvotes
Vancouver
So it happened again, my cat's poop is a little soft (not diarrhea) and getting stuck on her tail despite the trimming. Also, she's been pooping more frequently which might be contributing to the soft stool. We're going to try adding some pumpkin to her diet to see if it can firm it up a bit.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
3604 posts
213 upvotes
Georgetown
Have you switched away from soft food yet! Seriously man.... I didn’t type my earlier response because I love wasting my time... I gave you the solution. smh
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
2881 posts
1249 upvotes
Vancouver
Tiberius wrote:
Jul 21st, 2018 3:17 pm
Have you switched away from soft food yet! Seriously man.... I didn’t type my earlier response because I love wasting my time... I gave you the solution. smh
Thanks for the suggestion, but dry cat food is not a viable option for us. Our adoption agency (http://www.orphankittenrescue.com/food) has advised heavily against dry cat food and it is actually in our adoption contract that we cannot feed her more than 10% of her food as dry cat food. My cat also does not drink water (I've tried using different bowls, water fountain, ice cubes, etc.), so putting her on dry food would probably make her stool harder, but put her at higher risk of dehydration/urinary crystals.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
3604 posts
213 upvotes
Georgetown
notenoughsleep wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2018 7:26 pm
Thanks for the suggestion, but dry cat food is not a viable option for us. Our adoption agency (http://www.orphankittenrescue.com/food) has advised heavily against dry cat food and it is actually in our adoption contract that we cannot feed her more than 10% of her food as dry cat food. My cat also does not drink water (I've tried using different bowls, water fountain, ice cubes, etc.), so putting her on dry food would probably make her stool harder, but put her at higher risk of dehydration/urinary crystals.
Wow.... gotta love when you have everything dictated to you. It sounds like those orgs that make you promise to not declaw a cat... I can agree that it would be nicer to not do so, but if the cat is tearing up a house... it either goes, or the front claws go... which is worse? The cat having a great life with a loving family... or getting kicked to the curb to be put down or worse.

They won’t know what food you are feeding the cat.... nor should they have any right to know! You can get the food meant for cats that have had urinary tract crystals if you are worried about that. The stool becoming drier is the idea... your cat has the runs and wet stool... part of your problem!

... as you can tell... I despise places that try to dictate what you can do with your pet. It’s not like they are saying ‘do not eat it, or beat it, or starve it’.... they are telling you what food to feed it? Seriously? There are so many cats that just need good homes... <end rant>
Last edited by Tiberius on Jul 23rd, 2018 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18919 posts
4027 upvotes
Thornhill
Have you tried raw cat food?

My twins poop once every few days and the poops are small and does not smell st all.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1473 posts
834 upvotes
Saudi Arabia
Tiberius wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2018 8:45 pm
Wow.... gotta love when you have everything dictated to you. It sounds like those orgs that make you promise to not declaw a cat... I can agree that it would be nicer to not do so, but if the cat is tearing up a house... it either goes, or the front claws go... which is worse? The cat having a great life with a loving family... or getting kicked to the curb to be put down or worse.

They won’t know what food you are feeding the cat.... nor should they have any right to know! You can get the food meant for cats that have had urinary tract crystals if you are worried about that. The stool becoming drier is the idea... your cat has the runs and wet stool... part of your problem!

... as you can tell... I despise places that try to dictate what you can do with your pet. It’s not like they are saying ‘do not eat it, or beat it, or starve it’.... they are telling you what food to feed it? Seriously? There are so many cats that just need good homes... <end rant>
You know that declawing a cat is the equivalent of removing everything past the first knuckle in humans? Not everyone is as ignorant as you. A simple spritz of water from a spray bottle will gradually teach most cats not to scratch.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
3604 posts
213 upvotes
Georgetown
iflyplanes wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2018 9:10 am
You know that declawing a cat is the equivalent of removing everything past the first knuckle in humans? Not everyone is as ignorant as you. A simple spritz of water from a spray bottle will gradually teach most cats not to scratch.
Not ignorant... just accepting of it versus the cat not having a home and being killed. I have seen some instances where cats didn’t wreck a home, and others where the cat just didn’t stop scratching things up and destroying the home. For some people, the cat is not welcome in the home if it’s destroying it...

Do you know that spaying and neutering is also cutting part of the cat off... smh.... I’m sure a lot of anti declawing crusaders don’t have a problem with those procedures...
Jul 24, 2018
111 posts
57 upvotes
OP — I think that you will find the Feline Nutrition Foundation interesting. They provide clear, helpful advice, and much of the information may surprise you. Also, cats who are on a moist food diet tend not to need to drink much from a water dish, FYI. Good luck!

https://feline-nutrition.org/