Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2016
1827 posts
661 upvotes
Mistersprinkles wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 2:24 pm
Also it's none of your business why or when I go to the doctor.
Wow, you really are an "interesting" character.

I called two vets and asked the opinions of several other people. Every vet will naturally tell you to take cat to vet because they want the business. I also watched my cat. I then made a decision based on all of that data.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2012
1645 posts
168 upvotes
Canada
The responsible thing to do is bring your cat to the vet ASAP
Cats don’t show pain
Don’t let money stop you by giving your cat the proper care it deserves
His paw could get worse without medical care.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2005
3280 posts
258 upvotes
Calgary
bewiseman wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 7:23 am
Do you go to the doctor every time you get a little strain or discomfort in your body? If you do, then you're a fool and you're raping the health system of resources that can be better spent on others who really need it. In the case of a vet, all costs are paid by the pet owner, therefore there is nothing wrong with thinking first and evaluating before racing to the vet. It turns out that he was fine and has already recovered. I made the right choice thanks to the opinions I received from others.
When you are hurt you are able to vocalize your issue and determine what you need to do. And it's your own body, so you can take that same risk. What would you have done if the same thing happened to your baby? If your answer isn't "think about it and just watch it and see" then your a hypocrite and shouldn't be a pet owner. Cats hold discomfort in really well (as TheHans mentioned) and it will often look better than it is. Your issue is that you feel you were able to determine yourself that it was only "a little strain or discomfort", but then you came here and asked people. You even thought that it may have been broken but now you play it off like anyone who would go to the vet was just "raping the health care system". This isn't your kid with the sniffles, it's an animal that you've sworn to protect and keep healthy. Glad it worked out for you, but it won't always.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2005
3280 posts
258 upvotes
Calgary
bewiseman wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 2:32 pm
Wow, you really are an "interesting" character.

I called two vets and asked the opinions of several other people. Every vet will naturally tell you to take cat to vet because they want the business. I also watched my cat. I then made a decision based on all of that data.
Data? Like the opinions of non vets (which don't count) or the opinions of vets (which you didn't trust)? Leaving you with what you could see using your untrained eye? I think you need to reanalyze your data. And also look at the meaning of "data".

In the end you made a judgement call and got lucky (assuming there's nothing still wrong that you can't see).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2016
1827 posts
661 upvotes
Thanks for your comments everyone, but several days later he is as healthy as can be.

My child opened the door to go outside and my cat races out the door and up the tree, terrifying a completely shocked black squirrel.

Some of you are reading way too much into this and need to control your emotions.