• Jul 23rd, 2018 6:02 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2008
9930 posts
1401 upvotes
Toronto

Cat Sitting Beside my Car.. not moving

It's just kinda crouched, looking like it wants to sleep. I've come near it, and it didn't respond or looked at me. When I went around the other side with my neighbour, it did turn and look at me with some intensity, but I backed away since I didn't want to distress it even more than it looks. No collar or anything.

Does anybody have any idea what's going on? Is it 'dying'? Have rabies or ill? Should I call Animal Control Services? It's been sitting there for a few hours (since about 1:30 I think and it's 4pm now).

6 replies
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2008
9930 posts
1401 upvotes
Toronto
Ok. It moved when my wife went into the car. But if anybody has any ideas why a cat would do this, it would be greatly helpful for the future.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
17658 posts
1381 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Could have just been hanging out in the shade of your car.

Might have just enjoyed the spot.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2008
9930 posts
1401 upvotes
Toronto
Evil Baby wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2018 5:14 pm
Could have just been hanging out in the shade of your car.

Might have just enjoyed the spot.
We usually have the neighbour's cats across the street camping out there, but when we approach, they act 'normally' by being defensive and running off. But this one looked like it was hurt or sleeping or something.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18858 posts
3971 upvotes
Thornhill
If a cat is hurt or sick, it will actually be more likely to hide. My cats tend to be super sleepy and nap (in this case, catloaf around) during the middle of the day.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10401 posts
1166 upvotes
Paws tucked in means the cat is in a relaxed state.

Though it is a bit weird to see a cat not in familiar surroundings just chilling out. Doesn't seem feral as he wasn't afraid of you, Maybe he's high on cat nip?
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
3749 posts
671 upvotes
Toronto
Maybe it's just the angle, but it looks like the cat's left ear tip has been trimmed off, which is usually done so that people know it's a feral cat that has been neutered. If so it might just be that it's a cat that lives outside, but is pretty familiar with people (probably fed by someone or otherwise cared for), which might explain why it's sleeping outdoors but isn't too bothered that you're around.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)