Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Cathay Pacific Fanfare - $100 tix from HK to various locations-Starts Aug 26 @ 8am

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 27th, 2014 9:20 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1766 posts
4500 upvotes
Pawtucket

Cathay Pacific Fanfare - $100 tix from HK to various locations-Starts Aug 26 @ 8am

Deal Link:
Price:
http://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/l ... index.html

Tickets go on sale 8am on Tuesday, 26 August 2014. Maximum of 2 tickets per transaction for this special promotion, only available on this site. I'm guessing this is HK time as flights have to Start and End in Hong Kong.

BUSINESS CLASS:

Bangkok
Cebu
Kuala Lumpur
Nagoya
Osaka
Taipei

PREMIUM ECONOMY:

Chicago
London
Maldives (Malé)
New York (Newark)
Sydney

Terms:

*Fares quoted are subject to applicable taxes and other surcharges.

As reference only, the fuel surcharges for tickets issued on/after 1 May 2014 are as follows:

For flights between Hong Kong and Southwest Pacific, North America, Europe, Africa, Middle East and Indian Subcontinent – HKD857 per flight sector;

For all other regional flights not mentioned above – HKD193 per flight sector;

Taxes and surcharges are subject to change.
For full details on the currently applicable fuel surcharge, please click here.
See other
Terms and Conditions

Offer details

*Journeys must begin and end in Hong Kong.
*Valid on selected Cathay Pacific/Dragonair–operated flights only.
*Tickets are valid on flight/date shown and non-refundable.
*Fares are inclusive of Hong Kong Security Service Charge, but subject to applicable taxes and other surcharges.
*Cathay Pacific/Dragonair and Asia Miles™ terms and conditions apply.
*Passengers are advised to check with the latest Hong Kong Government Outbound Travel Alert before planning their trip.
*For Club Miles / Club Sectors eligibility, please refer to Frequent Flyer Benefits

*Asia Miles™ terms and conditions

*Eligible for member residing in Hong Kong and Macau only. Residency is determined by the registered member’s preferred mailing address as registered with Asia Miles.
*Members can earn Asia Miles for every eligible booking booked on or after 10 September 2013 via www.cathaypacific.com or www.dragonair.com and flown from 8 October 2013 onwards. Earning rate is 25% of actual miles flown.
*Membership number must be entered in the booking before the commencement of first sector of the trip.
*Applicable on flights marketed and operated by Cathay Pacific or flights marketed and operated by Dragonair only.
*Asia Miles will be credited to the member's account 6 to 8 weeks after completion of travel.
*Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd. and Hong Kong Dragon Airlines Ltd. reserve the right to suspend, amend or modify any of these terms and conditions at any time at its sole discretion, without any prior notice or liability.
*This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, discount or promotion.
*Other Asia Miles terms and conditions apply.

I'm sure many RFDer's have family in HK so this will be good for them if they can take advantage of this promo. Too bad it doesn't apply to any Canadian cities :(
54 replies
Mar 10, 2007
919 posts
397 upvotes
*Eligible for member residing in Hong Kong and Macau only. Residency is determined by the registered member’s preferred mailing address as registered with Asia Miles.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2013
3725 posts
479 upvotes
MONTR
sam100 wrote: *Eligible for member residing in Hong Kong and Macau only. Residency is determined by the registered member’s preferred mailing address as registered with Asia Miles.
deal breaker
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
1163 posts
210 upvotes
sam100 wrote: *Eligible for member residing in Hong Kong and Macau only. Residency is determined by the registered member’s preferred mailing address as registered with Asia Miles.
I saw this on slickdeals as well. There's a couple comments there that the residency requirement only applies to the accrual of Asia Miles since on the actual website it's listed as a point under Asia Miles Terms and conditions.
Banned
Sep 1, 2012
1783 posts
78 upvotes
how's this offer works? since i am residing in hk.. my parents is interested as well wondering if he and she need to be member of cathy pacific member or carry asiamiles membership?
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
ExcelPremium wrote: I would've though it's HKG to North America :/
there is Chicago and New York (Newark)
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
redboy69 wrote: I'm sure many RFDer's have family in HK so this will be good for them if they can take advantage of this promo. Too bad it doesn't apply to any Canadian cities :(
Can't you go to New York
and bus to Canada
or fly from New York to Canada
and then Canada back to New York and New York back to HK
should be still cheaper that flying direct from HK to Canada no?

but wondering what this means
For flights between Hong Kong and Southwest Pacific, North America, Europe, Africa, Middle East and Indian Subcontinent – HKD857 per flight sector;
so to New York is HKD857? not 100?
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14958 posts
2921 upvotes
Toronto
Great deal but clearly this is targeted at people who actually live in Hong Kong.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1766 posts
4500 upvotes
Pawtucket
Keigotw wrote: Can't you go to New York
and bus to Canada
or fly from New York to Canada
and then Canada back to New York and New York back to HK
should be still cheaper that flying direct from HK to Canada no?
I guess that would the only option is to book additional travel in between the roundtrip tickets. Might be a viable option if someone is planning on going to the US as well as Canada before heading back to HK.

Its a great deal, but seems to have many restrictions and not many people here would be eligible. I'm thinking the tickets will sell out fast once the deal goes live.
Banned
Sep 1, 2012
1783 posts
78 upvotes
redboy69 wrote: I guess that would the only option is to book additional travel in between the roundtrip tickets. Might be a viable option if someone is planning on going to the US as well as Canada before heading back to HK.

Its a great deal, but seems to have many restrictions and not many people here would be eligible. I'm thinking the tickets will sell out fast once the deal goes live.
how can cathy vaidate if you are residing in hk or not?
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1766 posts
4500 upvotes
Pawtucket
noNuser wrote: how can cathy vaidate if you are residing in hk or not?
I'm assuming you will need to provide your passport or some sort of identification to prove your residence in order to purchase the tickets.
Mar 14, 2013
55 posts
31 upvotes
Winnipeg
lol all the November ones are booked, unless one wants a flight tomorrow. Interesting concept though and congrats to Cathay, just wished theyd do a promotion in Canada.
Dec 1, 2007
393 posts
80 upvotes
Too bad you have to leave and return to Hong Kong. The flight from Hong Kong to New York stops in Vancouver.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2006
3432 posts
658 upvotes
battsup wrote: Too bad you have to leave and return to Hong Kong. The flight from Hong Kong to New York stops in Vancouver.
Interesting. Where do you see the route that it stops at YVR before connecting to NY?
Dec 22, 2012
135 posts
177 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
battsup wrote: Too bad you have to leave and return to Hong Kong. The flight from Hong Kong to New York stops in Vancouver.
They have daily nonstop flights between NY and HK now.
Dec 27, 2008
181 posts
103 upvotes
Holy !#%!

This is a wicked deal!

Just so happens that the lady and I are in Hong Kong for our vacation in ~2 months, and we were hoping to visit Japan during our trip. This may just work out!!

I'm a little concerned about the HK resident part, but seems it's only for the AsiaMiles thing... so I should be alright. Also a bit concerned that these are going to sell out in seconds.

Anyway I assume it's probably 8AM in HK... so around 6PM on Monday my time... which is certainly not a bad time to start spamming F5.
Aug 30, 2012
113 posts
9 upvotes
Canada
bgalm wrote: Holy !#%!

This is a wicked deal!

Just so happens that the lady and I are in Hong Kong for our vacation in ~2 months, and we were hoping to visit Japan during our trip. This may just work out!!

I'm a little concerned about the HK resident part, but seems it's only for the AsiaMiles thing... so I should be alright. Also a bit concerned that these are going to sell out in seconds.

Anyway I assume it's probably 8AM in HK... so around 6PM on Monday my time... which is certainly not a bad time to start spamming F5.
I think this is more so you need a PERMANENT address in Hong Kong. If you are going to put your hotel's address for your Asia Miles I don't think it works.

However I'd think that's the least of your concerns, there are FB groups with thousands of people eyeing this deal, the tickets will sell out in seconds.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
8405 posts
4690 upvotes
*Fares quoted are subject to applicable taxes and other surcharges.

As reference only, the fuel surcharges for tickets issued on/after 1 May 2014 are as follows:

For all other regional flights not mentioned above – HKD193 per flight sector;

Taxes and surcharges are subject to change.

For full details on the currently applicable fuel surcharge, please click here.

Sales and Offer details

Maximum of 2 tickets per transaction.
Tickets are available at cathaypacific.com/fanfares only.
Seats are limited and subject to availability.
Journeys must begin and end in Hong Kong.
Tickets are valid only on flights operated by Cathay Pacific.
Offers are valid on selected flights in specific travel periods.
Tickets are valid on flights/dates shown and are non-refundable.
Fares are inclusive of Hong Kong Security Service Charge, but subject to applicable taxes and other surcharges.
Asia Miles™ accrual is applicable.
Cathay Pacific, and Asia Miles terms and conditions apply.
Passengers are advised to check the latest Hong Kong Government Outbound Travel Alert before planning their trip.
For Club Miles / Club Sectors eligibility, please refer to Frequent Flyer Benefits

*Asia Miles™ terms and conditions

Valid for members residing in Hong Kong and Macau only. Residency is determined by the registered member’s preferred mailing address as registered with Asia Miles.
Membership number must be entered in the booking before the commencement of the first sector of the trip.
Applicable to flights marketed and operated by Cathay Pacific only.
Asia Miles will be credited to the member's account 6 to 8 weeks after completion of travel.
Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd. reserve the right to suspend, amend or modify any of these terms and conditions at any time at their sole discretion, without any prior notice or liability.
This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, discount or promotion.
Other Asia Miles terms and conditions apply.
That doesn't seem right. You don't need to live in HK to be an AsiaMiles member. Maybe HK/Macau residency is a requirement to book this flight?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)