Catholic Baptistism Certificate replacement

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2017 9:08 am
[OP]
Mar 13, 2006
355 posts
175 upvotes

Catholic Baptistism Certificate replacement

I have a three year old child and looking to enrol my non-baptized child to a Catholic school in Richmond Hill. As you know, the enrolment criteria is to have at least a parent who is a baptized Catholic or the child that is a baptized Catholic.

Because I was baptized in Hong Kong when I was a child, I have misplaced my baptizism certificate while I moved here in Canada.

Any suggestions on who I should contact and what I should do?

Thanks in advance.
11 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
3629 posts
657 upvotes
Sask.
Contact the parish office where you were baptized, they will reissue a copy.

Or, have your child baptized...
Nov 13, 2013
317 posts
100 upvotes
How closely do they look at this stuff? I mean how would they know what a
Hong Kong certificate looks like?
Penalty Box
Feb 9, 2003
15747 posts
1378 upvotes
Langley
Such a weird system. "Sure, we can let your kid go to this school as long as you can prove that as a child you took part in a ceremonial dunking."
Sep 3, 2013
580 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
natalka wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 4:59 pm
Contact the parish office where you were baptized, they will reissue a copy.

Or, have your child baptized...
This is what we had to do. A family member requested for a copy for us.
Nov 13, 2013
317 posts
100 upvotes
fogetmylogin wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 8:17 pm
How closely do they look at this stuff? I mean how would they know what a
Hong Kong certificate looks like?
Yeah Ontario is so weird sometimes. Crazy how many busses go by my house. Public English, Public French Immersionl Catholic English, Catholic French etc. Without all these choices in the city we wouldn't even need busses kids could just walk to school.
Deal Guru
Aug 22, 2011
12626 posts
2711 upvotes
Ottawa
fogetmylogin wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2017 3:36 pm
Yeah Ontario is so weird sometimes. Crazy how many busses go by my house. Public English, Public French Immersionl Catholic English, Catholic French etc. Without all these choices in the city we wouldn't even need busses kids could just walk to school.
Not all of ON, as the OCSB (here in Ottawa), accepts non-catholic students.
Jun 26, 2007
434 posts
88 upvotes
GTA
If you remember which parish in HK that you were baptized in, you can just contact the parish directly. I needed to request updated baptismal cert when I got married so I emailed the HK parish and got the replacement mailed to me.
Nov 13, 2013
317 posts
100 upvotes
vkizzle wrote:
Apr 24th, 2017 10:38 am
Not all of ON, as the OCSB (here in Ottawa), accepts non-catholic students.
If space allows though right? I assume they can't kick you out midway through elementary school?
Deal Guru
Aug 22, 2011
12626 posts
2711 upvotes
Ottawa
fogetmylogin wrote:
Apr 24th, 2017 7:39 pm
If space allows though right? I assume they can't kick you out midway through elementary school?
That's correct and after elementary, they have to accept HS students who are applying within their zone.
Mar 9, 2012
498 posts
133 upvotes
KITCHENER
fogetmylogin wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2017 3:36 pm
It was getting so expensive with the buses here that the separate and public school board teamed up by staggering start times for schools. Some school start just before 8, while others start around 9:30 or so.
Nov 13, 2013
317 posts
100 upvotes
jeff1970 wrote:
Apr 25th, 2017 8:45 am
It was getting so expensive with the buses here that the separate and public school board teamed up by staggering start times for schools. Some school start just before 8, while others start around 9:30 or so.
Of course think of how much they would save with one school board and no need for buses (in cities) at all.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel