Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5064 posts
1369 upvotes
Space

Catholic Confirmation: What to wear?

I’m a invited guest to a catholic confirmation, what’s proper attire for a male? Would khakis, a collared button down shirt (untucked) and dress shoes be “proper”? Example below ( minus the pin rolling and shoes.)

10 replies
May 29, 2012
426 posts
100 upvotes
Southern Ontario
That would be .... OK but just meeting minimum standard.
I would suggest slacks and collared shirt no jacket needed.

Think what people wear to church on Sunday.
Although I’ve seen all sorts of people with Hawaiian shirt shorts and flip flops so I may be out of touch with what’s appropriate.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
3929 posts
793 upvotes
Sask.
No, not that.
If you don't have a suit, wear dress pants and a nice dress shirt.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1697 posts
706 upvotes
Ottawa
Agree with everyone here. Pretty much guarantee the dad will be in a suit and mom in a dress so take your cue from that.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2009
1335 posts
311 upvotes
Toronto
Tuck the shirt in for crying out loud. What are you - 4?
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
1228 posts
136 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
yes as a catholic myself, i suggest to wear dress pants, dress shirt, and at the minimum Dress shoes, yes ive seen people wear sneakers with dress pants and dress shirts, so be a good catholic and dress nice.
Hi
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2009
3715 posts
540 upvotes
Aurora
Lol, based on what I've seen at Catholic churches, slacks, button downs and dress shoes would make you ridiculously overdressed.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1697 posts
706 upvotes
Ottawa
Toukolou wrote:
Jun 15th, 2018 11:13 pm
Lol, based on what I've seen at Catholic churches, slacks, button downs and dress shoes would make you ridiculously overdressed.
It's a confirmation not your normal Sunday service. Parents and friends do dress up for the event.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7211 posts
1207 upvotes
What did the people that invited you say about dress code ?? May be ask them since they can't be mad at your if you over or under dress.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)