• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2019 12:44 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2009
1397 posts
1102 upvotes

Caulking Tile Shower

The Caulking in my shower is peeling off.

To keep things water tight can someone point me in the right direction to re caulk this

- scrape the old stuff off

- what to buy to re caulk it

- what else do I need to know/do?
5 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16065 posts
6229 upvotes
This is a good video to get you started. You'll need a completely clean surface and it's best to use a silicon. They make "tools" to get the profile just right, worthwhile for a beginner as they aren't that expensive.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2007
3856 posts
1166 upvotes
Ottawa
TrevorK wrote:
Nov 18th, 2019 10:41 pm
This is a good video to get you started. You'll need a completely clean surface and it's best to use a silicon. They make "tools" to get the profile just right, worthwhile for a beginner as they aren't that expensive.
This.
Apr 8, 2010
685 posts
333 upvotes
toronto
honestly, no need for those fancy tools. your finger, a rag/ paper towels and some soapy water is all you really need. soapy water is a optional as most silicon is pretty greasy to begin with. key is not to press too hard and keep wiping your fingers clean

edit, a glass scraper/ razor blade (you know what i'm talking about, the old school kinds) works well to get rid of the old stuff
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2007
1972 posts
956 upvotes
Alliston, ON
Use 100% silicone. Apply a thin bead, then give a light spray with Windex and use your finger to smooth it out. The Windex will make the cleanup of the excess silicone much easier