Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Cavalcade of Lights - Sat. Nov. 17, 7 pm at Nathan Phillips Square

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2012 11:19 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jan 8, 2007
23402 posts
640 upvotes
Toronto

Cavalcade of Lights - Sat. Nov. 17, 7 pm at Nathan Phillips Square

http://www.toronto.ca/special_events/ca ... /index.htm

Saturday, November 17 at 7 p.m.
Nathan Phillips Square

Alyssa Reid
Dragonette
Fireworks
DJ Dance Party

[QUOTE]The evening begins at 7 pm with live musical performances by pop/rock vocalist Suzie McNeil, R&B artist Sean Jones and rising star Alyssa Reid and the first lighting of the Cavalcade of Lights display, followed by a breathtaking fireworks display at 8 p.m.

The celebration continues from 8:15 – 10:30 pm with the Sno-Ball sponsored by Timothy's World Coffee® featuring a concert by international recording artists Dragonette, a fiery pyrotechnic performance by Circus Orange and an open-air DJ dance party with JJ Rock under the glow of thousands of twinkling lights.[/QUOTE]

Link to weather forecast!!! http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/caon0696
17 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
Nice, this might be something to check out on that day. Provided weather is good haha.
Blanka
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8443 posts
2349 upvotes
Toronto
I was planning on going for the fireworks but probably not sticking around for Circus Orange. I've seen Circus Orange twice before, and I find their style lacking in generating excitement.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
Psubs wrote: Looks like rain right now. :(
That is true but its 9 days from now. Who knows, it might change.
Blanka
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2007
1156 posts
656 upvotes
Toronto, ON
this is worth going to for the fireworks alone. there are so many people in the crowd that i wouldnt worry about being cold
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
Shall we organize an RFD meet for this haha? No not a RFD Car Meat session haha. Although that might be an idea to post on the Auto section.
Blanka
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
2864 posts
4103 upvotes
Toronto
A fair part of Nathan Phillips Square is roped off for construction. Let's hope they finish before next weekend.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8443 posts
2349 upvotes
Toronto
toronto_slim wrote: A fair part of Nathan Phillips Square is roped off for construction. Let's hope they finish before next weekend.
Isn't the construction area scheduled to be finished in 2013? I don't think it is anywhere near finished.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8443 posts
2349 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know if the construction is finished? That would suck if the area is still off limits.
Aug 8, 2010
949 posts
803 upvotes
GTA
Anyone been to this before?
Sounds like fun.
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
Was a great night except for the really bad audio (noticed it in particular during the Dragonette set). The fireworks were great.
Aug 8, 2010
949 posts
803 upvotes
GTA
Yeah the fireworks were great. What a turn out, never expected it to be that packed.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)