• Feb 29th, 2016 1:05 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15196 posts
5016 upvotes
Here 'n There
joejoem wrote: i guess you think modern medicines are bogus and doctor are just snake oil salesman?
I bet you think the earth is flat too since that's what people believed in for thousands of years.

you guys should just ignore eonibm..
most of his posts are garbage and ignorant...(basically, "my way is always the right way, everyone else stupid" type of guy)
Medicine can be very beneficial. Almost all supplements are bogus and most health experts will tell you that. Eat a balanced diet and don't buy the hype.

I am not sure where you get that people who disagree with you must believe the earth if flat? Explain?

Your posts smacks of you thinking you know everything as do most of your posts. News Flash: You don't!
Sep 20, 2010
41 posts
8 upvotes
Markham
So has this aired yet? Really want to know whether Canada protein is legit, spiking, or lying. Really hope they're legit.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
ya i agree, to reach MAXIMUM body goals/potential..u do need to add in certain supps! i hope im not wasting my $$$ on these test boost pills lol
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2007
2990 posts
300 upvotes
Toronto
mikka1989 wrote: ya i agree, to reach MAXIMUM body goals/potential..u do need to add in certain supps! i hope im not wasting my $$$ on these test boost pills lol
Obviously for max potential you'll need that stuff.
but lets face it, most of these supps will in fact work, but only to a VERY small degree.

is it really worth spending time/money on supplements and timing when you take them for a 1% edge?
for the vast majority no it wont be worth it.
IMO your time and money is better spent on learning the big lifts properly, and following a proper program rather than a bro split that you just made up.

Right off the bat, the test supp will not work. if it really did work, it would be a 'steroid' and banned in pro sports.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15196 posts
5016 upvotes
Here 'n There
joejoem wrote: i guess you think modern medicines are bogus and doctor are just snake oil salesman?
I bet you think the earth is flat too since that's what people believed in for thousands of years.

you guys should just ignore eonibm..
most of his posts are garbage and ignorant...(basically, "my way is always the right way, everyone else stupid" type of guy)
<--------Most people think otherwise. Check out my thanks. And you have a very nice day too... :)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2011
6337 posts
1505 upvotes
Did you guys ever end up watching an aired episode?

Anyway, I saw this update, where CBC apologized for some mistakes in their independent lab testing/reporting.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/marketpla ... -1.3412760

What did they end up saying about Jamieson's fish/krill oil supplements? I take their fish oil for Omega-3...
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2516 upvotes
PBS's Frontline episode this week was on the supplements industry, which was the same episode as the Fifth Estate's that aired recently.
May 18, 2008
777 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto
*subbed* to watch later
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1356 posts
145 upvotes
There are plenty of good and bad supplement companies and many products probably don't meet the labels (as I assume is the case for other things we buy). Jameson is a huge company so any problems with them would be concerning.

The bigger problem imo is that people forget what a "supplement" really is supposed to be. By definition it would be “something that completes or enhances something else when added to it.” In this case that would be diet and exercise but those two are both hard...too hard for most people so its no surprise that so many don't see the results they think they will get (or are sold by the supplement companies).

Ps - most of the small to mid sized supplement companies are just marketing companies. The products are usually made by large white label manufacturers who source, produce and sometimes even formulate the products.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 18, 2010
5960 posts
1592 upvotes
Toronto
Div wrote: There are plenty of good and bad supplement companies and many products probably don't meet the labels (as I assume is the case for other things we buy). Jameson is a huge company so any problems with them would be concerning.

The bigger problem imo is that people forget what a "supplement" really is supposed to be. By definition it would be “something that completes or enhances something else when added to it.” In this case that would be diet and exercise but those two are both hard...too hard for most people so its no surprise that so many don't see the results they think they will get (or are sold by the supplement companies).

Ps - most of the small to mid sized supplement companies are just marketing companies. The products are usually made by large white label manufacturers who source, produce and sometimes even formulate the products.
Thank you! So many people don't see this, and think that supps are meant to replace food. The worst is when people say you just need food. That's like telling people if you want to do a research report, only use one source of info, don't look into other sources that would enhance or improvement your report. Usually the people who advocate to JUST eat food are weak and/or out of shape.