None
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2516 upvotes

CBC Radio's program Under The Influence: "Tales of Customer Service"

[IMG]http://www.cbc.ca/undertheinfluence/upl ... ervice.jpg[/IMG]

http://www.cbc.ca/undertheinfluence/sea ... -service-2

You can either read what was in the episode or listen to it. Under the Influence is a great CBC Radio program about advertising.

Zappos sounds too good to be true. How do they stay in business?!
3 replies
Mar 27, 2007
534 posts
40 upvotes
Okanagan
Excellent show. Download the podcasts.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
4809 posts
1803 upvotes
Amazing show!!
+1
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2003
2358 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
I used to be a fan of the show (and its predecessor) until an episode that aired on March 10, 2012. It was the episode entitled, "Marketing in a crisis".

They talked about the Carnival Cruise line disaster in Italy. In the piece, Terry O'Reilly stated that the incident happened on Tuesday, January 16, 2012.

A couple of problems with that:

1. The incident happened on Friday, January 13, 2012. (since it was a night, some say early Saturday the 14th)

2. Tuesday, January, 16, 2012 isn't even a valid date. January 16 was a Monday.

A number of people complained about the error and it was just sloughed off as a "typo" in the script or some other such minor issue. However, the web page for the episode was corrected and the comments were closed. (I still have the mp3 of the original episode, though)

In a nutshell, this sort of ruined the whole experience for me because I can't accept the accuracy of anything uttered in the program any more. When a program uses exact dates or times to foster a sense of newsworthiness or truth, then blows it on a current news event, it rather destroys its credibility.

I tried listening to a few episodes after that one but just couldn't get into it any more.