Entertainment

CBS The Amazing Race (next cycle premieres Mar 30 2017)

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2017 5:02 pm
Tags:
None
105 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1346 posts
160 upvotes
Markham
This is one show I do enjoy. No laugh track, interesting places to see, nothing is rehearsed.
However lately during the show, I find myself hoping that specific teams/individuals come in last, (with the hope of elimination) more than hoping that specific teams come in 1st.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8103 posts
1649 upvotes
Toronto
jenviea wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2015 7:20 pm
Premieres September 25
It's not near, it's here!
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2012
1563 posts
451 upvotes
Hopefully it's not the snoozefest the last few seasons have been, but I doubt it. I've said it before, but even with all the product placement challenges, TARC has been so much better and more action packed in comparison - I feel like almost every episode this season I'd end up saying "another challenge before the pit stop?!" because there was just so much, whereas TARUS has become too much about the personalities and Jersey Shore lookalikes than the action and adventure it used to be.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
3670 posts
682 upvotes
Sask.
Good mix of teams - looking forward to see how the women from TMZ do.
Oct 9, 2006
493 posts
45 upvotes
natalka wrote:
Sep 25th, 2015 9:03 pm
Good mix of teams - looking forward to see how the women from TMZ do.
TMZ did not do too great!

So much skin in first episode. Blame it on Rio.
(some gratuitous cleavage shots)
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
3670 posts
682 upvotes
Sask.
Just watched it, such a bummer that my girls were the first out!
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
3394 posts
30 upvotes
Brampton
Poor Shevonne, Kelly will be alright she has thick skin.
I believe that only 4 other teams completed that challenge so they can't be too down on themselves.
I keep thinking that they should make the first leg a non-elimination leg just so that teams can get the jitters out, and see more than one country.
|D
|D [\/] /\ Z
Sep 30, 2001
26090 posts
5224 upvotes
happy to see team tmz crash and burn
Don't talk about it, be about it
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2008
4659 posts
812 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
PCUSER wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2015 8:40 pm
This is one show I do enjoy. No laugh track, interesting places to see, nothing is rehearsed.
However lately during the show, I find myself hoping that specific teams/individuals come in last, (with the hope of elimination) more than hoping that specific teams come in 1st.
Next teams need to go;
-mom & son

-cheerleaders bc annoying already (why do every cheerleader team always say we're more than our looks?)

-over emotional boyfriend (team that went for fast forward)
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Jul 18, 2015
210 posts
37 upvotes
Petawawa, ON
chimaican wrote:
Sep 26th, 2015 3:41 pm
Next teams need to go;
-mom & son

-cheerleaders bc annoying already (why do every cheerleader team always say we're more than our looks?)

-over emotional boyfriend (team that went for fast forward)
I think they will be the 3 to go for sure!
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1715 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
What is this? TAR Los Angeles? They seem to all be LA-types: paparazzi, tmz, cheerleaders, doctors, webbies, street dancers... I didn't notice any mention of where teams were from. No "team Texas", "hillbilly hicks", etc. Some pretty clueless, inept teams too.

Pretty cunning trap right at the start, giving a single team an obvious advantage in going for the fast forward - which can't be won due to wind, leaving the "leading" team behind and broke. They were lucky to get not one but TWO free taxi rides for them and their camera crew. Wonder if the producers intended it to be a trap? They even missed out on the ultra-cool helicopter flight around the statue of Christ, which would be among the "memories of a lifetime" for most people.

As for the eliminated team, there are far worse places to be eliminated than Rio. If it was me I would ask to delay the return flight for two weeks and spend the time taking in Rio and its surroundings. They'd just checked out of work for a few weeks after all, so nothing to rush back for. Esp not in their line of "work".
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2008
4659 posts
812 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Tornado F2 wrote:
Sep 28th, 2015 7:51 am
Pretty cunning trap right at the start, giving a single team an obvious advantage in going for the fast forward - which can't be won due to wind, leaving the "leading" team behind and broke. They were lucky to get not one but TWO free taxi rides for them and their camera crew. Wonder if the producers intended it to be a trap? They even missed out on the ultra-cool helicopter flight around the statue of Christ, which would be among the "memories of a lifetime" for most people.
It wasn't really a trap. The clue did indicate that the FF was dependent on the weather (wind) conditions. The 2nd team considered it and decided it was too risky to leave it up to chance. The 1st team took the risk and it didn't work out for them.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4483 posts
1283 upvotes
Anyone else prefer John Montgomery over Phil Keoghan?
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2012
1075 posts
102 upvotes
9394 wrote:
Sep 28th, 2015 11:18 am
Anyone else prefer John Montgomery over Phil Keoghan?
Nah, TAR US Phil is original and first. Prefer him as host.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel