Entertainment

CBS The Amazing Race (next cycle premieres Mar 30 2017)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2017 10:54 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 31, 2007
3160 posts
335 upvotes
bmaz wrote:
Oct 27th, 2015 5:01 pm
Even though the tasks were pretty linear (First In, First Out), the contestants took it on themselves to make it interesting.

The cheerleaders despite foolishly wasting a U-Turn, seems to have made up the most ground mainly because of other teams mistakes.

It's Funny how the Male Paparazzi was calling team ChacAttack stupid, when they were the ones to blindly follow them. I expect this team to be out next week.

I have only canoed once in my life, but I picked up the technique very quickly, Team Texas seems to be only about brute strength.
I didn't have a fave team before, but Team Texas is not it I mean one of the guys pulled his hamstring racing for an obvious 2nd place finish.

The mother and son team also showed Team Texas the best place to use an Express Pass to get ahead, although I would have been tempted to save it for longer and use it when I was in trouble.

My favourite team to win is probably the Reporters, though the Green Team is the more likely choice.
They had to use the express pass that leg
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2012
1563 posts
451 upvotes
Uggggh.
Stretching the definition of the word “amazing” to its ultimate limits, CBS has announced that this season’s Amazing Race cast will be made up entirely of social media stars. This latest race—the 28th since the show went on the air back in 2001, before thoughts of adorable, keyboard-wielding cats were even a glimmer in a nascent Vine maker’s eye—will feature an assortment of “Instagram models,” “YouTube sensations,” and, of course, “pro Frisbee players,” all racing for cash around the globe.
http://www.avclub.com/article/amazing-r ... -ra-228281
Mar 10, 2009
418 posts
36 upvotes
Burnie, founder of Rooster Teeth, and his GF Ashley, a Rooster Teeth personality, will be on show. I enjoy RT content, I'll be tuning in for the first time in years to watch them.

It's an interesting move by the show to get new viewers, who likely wouldn't have watched, interested in the show.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1715 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
TYG3R wrote:
Nov 12th, 2015 1:00 pm
It's an interesting move by the show to get new viewers, who likely wouldn't have watched, interested in the show.
They should make a TAR for smartphone viewers then. I don't think long-time viewers will be impressed. Sounds even more disappointing than the current blah cast.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2011
3888 posts
190 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
GO JUICY GO! Watching this cycle definitely, haven't watched this show since 2009!
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1715 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
Shame to see the guys knocked out this week. Imagine U-turning the team at the back just minutes before crossing the finish line. Even the Greens didn't do that.

That was an extreme "road block" they had to do too. Usually it's just something to delay a team 15 minutes or so, with no great exertion.
Oct 31, 2007
3160 posts
335 upvotes
Tornado F2 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2015 5:47 pm
Shame to see the guys knocked out this week. Imagine U-turning the team at the back just minutes before crossing the finish line. Even the Greens didn't do that.

That was an extreme "road block" they had to do too. Usually it's just something to delay a team 15 minutes or so, with no great exertion.
you mean "speed bump" :)

And I hope someone can take down the green team, can't stand them. Looks like I'll be giving next season a skip, horrible casting decision.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1715 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
nufan wrote:
Nov 24th, 2015 4:53 pm
you mean "speed bump" :)

And I hope someone can take down the green team, can't stand them. Looks like I'll be giving next season a skip, horrible casting decision.
More of a road block in this case. And considering the arrangement of the remainder of the episode it didn't leave the guys with much chance of catching up short of another team getting badly lost.

The guys were probably the only competition left to the Greens, so the remainder of this season should be predictable. It's poor casting when one or two teams have such dominance over the also-rans. Since the US well has obviously run dry, the TAR producers should allow in Canadians. Though we'll probably end up mopping the floor with them. :lol:
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2006
1332 posts
262 upvotes
GTA
I'm glad those Texans are gone. Long overdue. They were creating pointless drama in the initial episodes about the Green team. Is the green guy annoying? Yes. Is he evil? Hardly. He's just an over-zealous fan who has clearly watched the show enough and prepared hard enough to win repeatedly. I doubt producers will let the Green team win though, because that would be too expected.

Impressed and shocked the cheerleaders have made it this far though, and same goes for the sparring paparazzi team. The paparazzi really need to go next, and I for one, am enjoying this season.
Deal Guru
Jan 2, 2006
12209 posts
104 upvotes
Good on the paparazzis for making it through. India is always the hardest leg and they did the double u turn and came just secs after the cheerleaders.

I'm happy the green team is winning. I rather see a cast full of competitors than brainless out of shape dolts who can't deal with stress.
WTB: A Dance With Dragons from A Song of Ice and Fire
Jan 21, 2013
292 posts
38 upvotes
after seeing that episode i would NEVER want to visit india....90% of the crowd were men & boys & i felt bad for the female players getting LEERED at.,not to mention the heat/humidity & the smell.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
3394 posts
30 upvotes
Brampton
ammaretto007 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2015 1:52 pm
after seeing that episode i would NEVER want to visit india....90% of the crowd were men & boys & i felt bad for the female players getting LEERED at.,not to mention the heat/humidity & the smell.
Yeah India is always hectic, especially for women. You could tell that the cheerleaders were holding back on how they really felt.

Regarding the paparazzi team, I can't believe that the female still wants to marry her partner, he seems so timid and he never listen to her.
|D
|D [\/] /\ Z
Jul 18, 2015
220 posts
37 upvotes
Petawawa, ON
I can't wait for next week! Looks like the green team will finally fall back into the race LOL.
I really don't like him - so obnoxious. Then cries when things don't go his way!
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
1752 posts
404 upvotes
Unionville, ON
ammaretto007 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2015 1:52 pm
Yeah seriously. India is like Boxing Day atmosphere in a mall times a hundred, with super humidity and bad smells. My wife kept saying out loud that if the cheerleaders were truly alone without security and the cameraman they'd probably be abducted or assaulted by now....

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)