Entertainment

CBS The Amazing Race (next cycle premieres Mar 30 2017)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2017 10:54 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2006
1327 posts
260 upvotes
GTA
I liked last night's episode a lot too. I felt bad for Diana, because Justin is kind of bipolar. The tears and sobbing at the end were ridiculous. Entertaining episode indeed, but my favourite this season has to be the twist and turns of last week, when the cheerleaders were eliminated. That was great television.

Next season looks kind of weird and boring.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1715 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
bembol wrote:
Dec 11th, 2015 10:49 pm
My favourite team won so I'm happy. Great finale, loved all the challenges definitely one of the best.

As soon as he bitched about the $100 I knew they were done. Seriously, who gives two ***** about a few bucks when you're trying to win $1 Million. I get it they're a great team but that was so stupid that sort of deserved to lose.

Thank God the paparazzi team didn't win. The whole cab thing shows their character.
Yeah, Big Baby blew it over $100. He even managed to drive the paparazzi's driver away, who otherwise looked to be waiting. They should have known there wouldn't be many taxi cabs cruising through a fire training area. /smh

Glad that a "normal", well-adjusted team won. Hopefully the women in the other two teams will realise what wimps they are with before they take it to marriage, children, and inevitable divorce.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
8895 posts
714 upvotes
GTA
Tornado F2 wrote:
Dec 12th, 2015 6:20 pm

Glad that a "normal", well-adjusted team won. Hopefully the women in the other two teams will realise what wimps they are with before they take it to marriage, children, and inevitable divorce.
Well, I wouldn't say that the female paparazzi player was without fault! I would run far away from a girl like that too.

The taxi thing was really classic and I am glad the green team got burned on that.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15994 posts
983 upvotes
Woodbridge
This is why I'm not a fan of Social Media like facebook, YouTube or twitter. If I do sign up it's to follow Taylor Swift, Conan, TechnoBuffalo, MKBHD, etc.

All were annoying that after 5 minutes I skipped the instructions.

Anyways, I hope I can get pass it and enjoy the race. Again, too early to pick my favorite.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1715 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
bembol wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 9:31 pm
This is why I'm not a fan of Social Media like facebook, YouTube or twitter. If I do sign up it's to follow Taylor Swift, Conan, TechnoBuffalo, MKBHD, etc.

All were annoying that after 5 minutes I skipped the instructions.

Anyways, I hope I can get pass it and enjoy the race. Again, too early to pick my favorite.
Yeah, not a fan of this lot at all, though I wouldn't mind seeing some of the magician's videos.

Not a diverse enough cast. Almost all young and white, to loss of minority and older viewers from the start. Th one obviously older contestant should be gone already. I realise the editors intentionally made him look dumber than he (presumably) was, but for a gynecologist - even if he is also a lawyer - he was useless. Even more incompetent than his "I can do lipstick daddy!" daughter. In fact I'm guessing he got into law to defend all the malpractice suits he must get for leaving items behind inside his patients' bodies! Euthanise him already! :lol:
Aug 9, 2005
702 posts
248 upvotes
Agreed that having a whole cast of youtubers or "social media celebrities" is just too much. One team per season is enough.
It feels like CBS is experimenting whether the team's followers will actually turn off their computers to watch the show & of course, post to social media about it. I can see why they'd do it, but can't help but feel the show itself might suffer because of the limited cast pool.

I think one of the aspects of picking a favourite was looking at the team's profession or ethnicity, so that's kinda out the window for this season. Another aspect that's different is that many of the teams already know each other indirectly through their shows. I'm still divided on whether this will make alliances and betrayals more interesting.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15994 posts
983 upvotes
Woodbridge
So I got half way and stop paying attention. I don't even know who won.

No good.

Why fix something that's not broken. If ratings is the problem, I think putting it on Friday night doesn't help.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Sep 30, 2001
26106 posts
5230 upvotes
First ep in and I dislike it. I don't care for social media 'celebs' and half way through I stopped watching closely. I guess if I had to pick I hope Zach wins only because I like his Vine videos.

And they cheaped out - no prize for the 1st place winner?
Don't talk about it, be about it
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
3205 posts
39 upvotes
Mississauga
I don't recall seeing more annoying people in a single episode of anything before. I have religiously watched every episode of every season, but if this season is like this first episode, then that streak will end. That was awful to watch.
RenegadeX wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2009 1:29 am
[*]They may be small, but they poop too. And they'll poop in your towel.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
3744 posts
139 upvotes
it's a requirement to be eccentric, flamboyant, and obnoxious to be an 'internet/youtube/vine star'.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
3717 posts
705 upvotes
Sask.
^ +1 Not impressed by anyone. I'd like Cole to be gone asap.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3371 posts
275 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
natalka wrote:
Feb 14th, 2016 9:49 pm
^ +1 Not impressed by anyone. I'd like Cole to be gone asap.
I was thinking the same thing. This case is just a bunch of attention seekers looking for the approval of their cast-mates.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2006
1327 posts
260 upvotes
GTA
Episode 1 was indeed boring. Hoping the teams will start showing some personality in future.