Entertainment

CBS The Amazing Race (next cycle premieres Mar 30 2017)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2017 10:54 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16322 posts
1080 upvotes
Woodbridge
Anyone else changed their tune after tonight's episode? I was basically on my iPad mini 4 while it was playin still can't get into it.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
8930 posts
730 upvotes
GTA
I don't know who any of the social media people are but I do vaguely recall the lady who was the flight attendant. One viral video gets you on Amazing Race? Pretty nice!

This last episode showed the old adage that book smarts doesn't necessarily mean someone is "street" smart very well. They made so many mistakes time and time again.

I don't like the female dancer calling her partner "stupid" like that. I can see why he isn't in a rush to actually get married to her.. .she definitely seems like she has a bad attitude.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16322 posts
1080 upvotes
Woodbridge
This season sadly gone, I can't watch it. I'll finally tune in when the finale airs.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
5726 posts
178 upvotes
Toronto
I agree, the last 2 TAR's haven't been that great....that being said the Canadian show has been vary good still
--------------------------------------------------------------

"Any more irrelevant comments to pull out of your ***** ?"
"Your comments seem to be r ectal plucks." Pete_Coach

HEATWARE.... if you bought from me ... thanks
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
8930 posts
730 upvotes
GTA
Surprised on one posted on this season.

I thought it was okay. I just watched the finale last week. I really did not like the dancers, especially the way the girl talked to the guy. What kind of guy puts up with that kind of crap!
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
8930 posts
730 upvotes
GTA
Tonight is Amazing Race for "The Price is Right" specials they have been doing all week with reality show contestants. It is kind of lame but thought some people might be interested anyway.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
3775 posts
730 upvotes
Sask.
Good first show, will be interesting to see the dynamics of these teams.
Aug 16, 2006
361 posts
62 upvotes
Hmm, talk about the emasculation of asian males in mainstream culture. One asian contestant is a chess champion IIRC and is less physically built than probably most of the women on the show. The other has long hair that goes half-way down his back. (Where's Yul when you need him?) And then there's the sexualization of asian females with the lone representative on the show being a model. (Also noticed that she was the only female of colour in the race.) They couldn't find a more physical male or a female who didn't shout "barbie doll"?
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
2182 posts
176 upvotes
Yeah how more stereotyped can you get?! Nerdy asian guy vs super alpha males & females this season. Not very balanced.
MrDisco wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2017 10:49 am
Episode was kind of boring. Also annoyed by the casting of that Asian dude. Way to break down stereotypes
Deal Addict
May 26, 2002
1751 posts
282 upvotes
I agree with what everyone has said, disappointing with lots if stereotypes. I did like the different race partner format however they should of done it as a surprise. Start the race with teams of two like usual then split them up so they have to partner with other people. I think that would throw an entire different dynamic to the race as you'll be teamed with a stranger but will more likely work/help with your original racemate... Or would you?

-LeeBear