• May 23rd, 2017 10:45 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19791 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
I love this season, didn't mind the whole political drama love new cast.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
bembol wrote: I love this season, didn't mind the whole political drama love new cast.
bembol where have you been! A lot of people seem very divided this season. To me, this show was never procedural, and this season was a gamble as they strayed away from the "case of the week" (although it was said that JM who plays Alicia does not like courtroom scenes...). With everything that has happened this season, I think season 7 should be the final one and go out with a bang.
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
And thus concludes a very uneven season. It's a shame to see Archi Panjabi once again get such an anti-climatic story/exit. I wish her well in her future endeavours, and whatever happened between her Julianna as apparent from the lack of scenes/direction; well that's a shame because those two were one of the best parts of the show together.

And yes, I wasn't the only one who felt the final Alicia/Kalinda scene was odd.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... ether.html

I would love to see Martha Pimpton back on, she was a great guest actress.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5882 posts
998 upvotes
Toronto
I thought I was imagining things too during that scene until I looked it up. I noticed something similar last week but this week it seemed like they were trying harder to make it seem more real.
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
kindred_99 wrote: I thought I was imagining things too during that scene until I looked it up. I noticed something similar last week but this week it seemed like they were trying harder to make it seem more real.
Last week was very insulting, they clearly shot them in different scenes. I have no idea what went ob between the two actors, but talk about sacrificing quality for personalities. Yikes.
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
^ Not sure if I'm feeling this casting. As much as I enjoy TGW, I wish they didn't make Julianna Executive Producer, way too many egos on set and the two rarely work.
[QUOTE]I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.[/QUOTE] ~Andy Bernard, The Office (U.S.)
Jun 20, 2005
273 posts
22 upvotes
London
Anyone know when season 6 will be added to Netflix?
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Nealester wrote: Anyone know when season 6 will be added to Netflix?
Why wait for Netflix?? Every season is online for free.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19791 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
Wasting your data/time streaming as well.

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
Nice to see two great talents Alan Cumming and Christine Baranski get nominated! Surprised that Juliana M did not get nominated, however, based on how they treated Archie Panjabi (Kalinda) exit, it's kind of bittersweet that her big season which was all about Alicia led to a non-nomination. Hopefully they go back to having the cast together again, the show works better that way.
[QUOTE]I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.[/QUOTE] ~Andy Bernard, The Office (U.S.)
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
jenviea wrote: The producers are going to try to incorporate elements of the real Presidential campaign into their fictional show

http://tvline.com/2015/08/19/the-good-w ... -season-7/
Time to wrap up the show. And what a horribly condescending interview they had earlier. http://tvline.com/2015/08/18/the-good-w ... elle-king/

The Kings are really shooting themselves in the foot to savage, I'm not even sure what at this point...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2007
5116 posts
984 upvotes
T.
First episode of season 7 was above average for me. Great to see Eli go head-to-head with Peter. Peter usually comes out of those the obvious victor, but Eli got the better of him.

Cant wait to see how this Eli thing pans out.
[QUOTE]I know you are, but what am I.... ;) [/QUOTE]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19791 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
This season is interesting. I'm still not sure if that's a good or bad thing but I'm still watching and gets my FULL attention.

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Tig wrote: I find this series to be one of the most underrated in television. It never lets me down and because it's on regular network tv it has a crapload of EP's per Season!
You mean the standard 22 episodes... on public broadcast networks. *welp*
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19791 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
Love tonight's episode, finally Alicia, Jason & Lucca getting together with their first case. Jason is a great replacement, as much as I love Kalinda, I don't know he fits in it's hard to describe.

What I don't get is what is Diane and Cary's role in the show?

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)