• Jan 6th, 2018 12:09 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
11519 posts
3489 upvotes
Toronto

CBS 'Young Sheldon' TBBT prequel spinoff Jim Parsons exec producer

I guess that's one way CBS can keep milking the cow if the stars of the original don't sign up for additional seasons

http://www.thewrap.com/big-bang-theory- ... the-works/

If TBBT does keep on going and this also goes to series, it's too much Sheldon IMO
Last edited by jenviea on Nov 7th, 2016 3:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
26 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17262 posts
5100 upvotes
Toronto
Not a bad idea. Why not have a younger cast.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9759 posts
4104 upvotes
Ottawa
So if they do this does it mean they go back to the pre-women nerd culture and use jokes that are actually funny and that the average non-nerd viewer won't get like S1 & S2? You know like before they wanted to scrape the bottom with the lowest quality net to appeal to every kid, housewife, senior and dog in America.

You know like...
"I think that you have as much of a chance of having a sexual relationship with Penny as the Hubble telescope does of discovering at the center of every black hole is a little man with a flashlight searching for a circuit breaker." - Sheldon

"A neutron walks into a bar and asks how much for a drink. The bartender replies, ‘For you, no charge." - Sheldon

"Obviously you’re not well suited for three-dimensional chess, perhaps three-dimensional candyland would be more your speed. It must be humbling to suck on so many different levels." - Sheldon

I know the answer but one can dream right?
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18605 posts
1919 upvotes
I stopped watching TBBT after the first few seasons since it got tired. This could be alright though.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
11519 posts
3489 upvotes
Toronto
Mom and son cast

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... her-971016

I didn't think they were going that young but it's probably the right decision allowing for a potential long run

Not sure if nepotism, resemblance or pure merit since Zoe Perry is the daughter of Laurie Metcalf who portrays Sheldon's present day mother on the flagship show

Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2003
10200 posts
517 upvotes
Does this show aim at a different demographic? With a star that looks like he is 8 or 9 it looks like this show is aiming at a very young crowd. Perhaps its because TBBT has lost its way in the past few years. I've taken to calling it Friends 2.0 as that is in essence what it has become.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2013
5823 posts
2470 upvotes
Kingston, ON
Feneant wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2017 5:38 am
Does this show aim at a different demographic? With a star that looks like he is 8 or 9 it looks like this show is aiming at a very young crowd. Perhaps its because TBBT has lost its way in the past few years. I've taken to calling it Friends 2.0 as that is in essence what it has become.
Says it'll be a single camera show (rather than traditional sitcom) a bit like Malcolm in the Middle. That's promising, because Malcolm was actually a good show.
Dec 22, 2014
787 posts
256 upvotes
Regina, SK
jenviea wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2017 11:12 pm

Not sure if nepotism, resemblance or pure merit since Zoe Perry is the daughter of Laurie Metcalf who portrays Sheldon's present day mother on the flagship show
Maybe an experience factor. Zoe played young Jackie once or twice on Roseanne.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
1880 posts
494 upvotes
Kleinburg, ON.
jenviea wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 4:54 pm
CBS orders the prequel (now referred to as YOUNG Sheldon) straight to series

http://deadline.com/2017/03/young-sheld ... 202042417/
Ugh, really? CBS is really milking the cow, hard.

I stopped watching TBBT after Howard got married. The first 2 seasons were so much better, I can't stand the female characters on the show constantly in your face. I thought Raj's sister that Leonard dated was so much better than Penny.. After she left, the jokes got so stale it was an insult.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1887 posts
222 upvotes
Kid kinda looks like Taylor Lautner ...
Dec 22, 2014
787 posts
256 upvotes
Regina, SK
I could see myself liking this more than TBBT, but that isn't a very high bar. I like the fact that it isn't set with audience/tracked laughter.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
11519 posts
3489 upvotes
Toronto
Trailer has been floating around but CBS has geo blocked their originating source so here's a clone

Kid's performance made me forget he doesn't look a lot like Jim Parsons