None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17738 posts
1320 upvotes

CBS's Bull - Fall 2016

I think I can get behind this one.
Inspired by the early career of Dr. Phil McGraw, Michael Weatherly stars as Dr. Jason Bull. Brilliant, brash and charming, he’s the ultimate puppet master combining psychology, intuition and high tech data to learn what makes jurors and the accused tick.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8812 posts
1867 upvotes
Toronto
Premieres tonight on Global/CBS with a Metacritic score below the middle

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/bull-2016?ref=hp

Even though everyone involved emphasizes it's not Dr. Phil I still think Michael Weatherly playing the character based on Phil McGraw typifies Hollywood superficiality
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
2952 posts
438 upvotes
I would prefer that he play a character based on someone else, but it is what it is. However, I think that promoting the show by having it run directly after NCIS is a mistake. Regular watchers of NCIS (and I am one of them) will find it just odd to see Michael Weatherly in a different role - it will almost be as if Tony is doing an undercover crossover on a different show.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1327 posts
201 upvotes
I'm quite shocked that it's been picked up for a full season. The first 2 episodes weren't very good, although the last two have been decent. I just don't care enough for any of the characters and the premise just seems a bit too far fetched for me to get behind.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26918 posts
6403 upvotes
GTHA
CBS has quietly renewed Bull for Season 2, to premiere fall 2017, sources reveal.

In addition, the second season will see Glenn Gordon Caron become the drama’s new showrunner as part of an overall deal with CBS TV Studios, replacing Mark Goffman, RenewCancelTV has confirmed.

CBS is expected to officially announce the renewal in the coming weeks.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... n-2-987497
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1327 posts
201 upvotes
I must admit, I've grown to really like this show. It's much better than what the first episode made it look like. Glad it's been renewed.
Baaaaaaaaa!