• Apr 14th, 2018 1:39 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jun 18, 2005
491 posts
20 upvotes
Courtice

CC and Acct Bonuses, where to start?

I have seen lots of threads about these but no ide what the best options are or where to start.

My only current financial institution is CIBC with Chq, sav, LOC, Aerogold visa.

Where is the best place to get started?
3 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
4707 posts
4550 upvotes
Vancouver
I have found asking the knowledgeable folks on RFD to be the best resource. I have learned lots here. People's situations are vastly different and there's no one-size-fits-all, so you're going to have to give more details about your income, spending patterns, and what you wish to earn in rewards for anyone to make any helpful suggestions.
18% = GTA residents as a proportion of Canada's total population
97% = chance that an RFDer lives in the GTA when he posts something location specific, without giving a location

Were you hit with surprise customs/import fees on an Amazon.ca purchase?
[OP]
Jun 18, 2005
491 posts
20 upvotes
Courtice
Kiraly wrote:
Apr 14th, 2018 12:51 pm
I have found asking the knowledgeable folks on RFD to be the best resource. I have learned lots here. People's situations are vastly different and there's no one-size-fits-all, so you're going to have to give more details about your income, spending patterns, and what you wish to earn in rewards for anyone to make any helpful suggestions.
Sure! 50-60k annually depending on OT. Spend about 100-125 on gas a month, 200 on groceries. Credit Score is in the high 700s. I spend a few hundred on video games per month. Wish to earn cash back or aeroplan points.

Anything else that would help?
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
4707 posts
4550 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks for the info. Consider this pair:

American Express Simply Cash. 1.25% on everything you spend, no annual fee.
Tangerine Mastercard. 2% cash back on two out of ten merchant categories you pick from, including gas and groceries. 0.5% on everything else, no annual fee.
18% = GTA residents as a proportion of Canada's total population
97% = chance that an RFDer lives in the GTA when he posts something location specific, without giving a location

Were you hit with surprise customs/import fees on an Amazon.ca purchase?