Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2012
2045 posts
193 upvotes
Guelph

Cc annual fee question

Is it possible to call and complain to get annual fee waived for my Td visa? Has anyone successfully done this with any credit card or are they firm on the annual fees?
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2012
1047 posts
490 upvotes
Trois-Rivières, QC
Absolutely, it is possible to call and complain. It's the result that's not guaranteed. After all, annual fees are valid fees and the bank would actually be doing you a favour if they waive it or even reduce it.

As a former bank employee (not TD though), my best advice is: be civil but assert that you've been a loyal (insert your bank's name here) customer for (...) number of years. Don't go threatening the employee right away that you'll close your accounts if they don't waive the annual fee, but if applicable, you can certainly mention that (so-and-so) bank has this comparable credit card and that they'd be willing to waive the annual fee for the first year.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2009
1314 posts
289 upvotes
Go with a feeless card. There's better offerings than what TD has assuming you don't buy into the whole "select service" thing.
Feb 18, 2004
821 posts
302 upvotes
OP you can certainly call in and ASK to have it waived. Like others said, they might or might not waive the fees. But what is there to complain about? It's not like the fees are slapped onto you after you got the card. You know full well the fees when you applied/activated the card which means you agreed to the fees. That's fair game.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 4, 2009
9335 posts
5636 upvotes
Keep a $5000 balance with their select service and all fees are waived.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)