Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Computers

CC: Cooler Master Silencio Silent case 450 $49.99 or 550 $69.99 after IR + MIR

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2012 4:09 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 5, 2011
92 posts
52 upvotes
Markham

[Canada Computers] CC: Cooler Master Silencio Silent case 450 $49.99 or 550 $69.99 after IR + MIR

Best price silent case!!

Silencio 450 $49.99 (After MIR)
http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_ ... _id=043658

Silencio 550 $69.99 (After MIR)
http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_ ... _id=042515

The good thing is that it also comes with card reader and USB3.0!!
15 replies
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4140 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like they stuck foam on the panels, make the front look like Antec P180 series and just title it "Silencio"...
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3848 posts
2272 upvotes
'Shwallywood
Fantaz wrote: Looks like they stuck foam on the panels, make the front look like Antec P180 series and just title it "Silencio"...
you could say that about pretty much all silenced cases, corsair 550d, fractal designs, etc
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Nov 5, 2011
92 posts
52 upvotes
Markham
I aggree. All computer case make with similar materials. It's just the matter of the outlook, features and price. If outlook is acceptable with good features and price. Why not?
Oct 25, 2010
41 posts
6 upvotes
Belleville
Nice looking case and good features for the price.

IMHO its not compariable to the Performance One Series by Antec..
-P183 has intake air filters
-P183 has seperate chambered power supply design for cooling
-P183 weighs 11 pounds more at 31lbs due to the three layer sound deadening design panels.

Working with both Antec and Cooler Master cases over the years the Antec wins hands down for quality.
Deal Guru
Feb 6, 2003
10715 posts
1254 upvotes
Vancouver
The 550 is superior to the 450 in the following ways:
-much better build quality
-option for second front fan
-drive rails for the hard drives
-more hard drive bays
-more room behind the motherboard tray for cables, etc.
-hotswap hard drive bay
-much nicer door

The only real advantage the 450 has is a reversible door (you can make it swing out left to right).
<< Public Mobile, Zoomer Wireless, Uber Eats, DoorDash, Tangerine, Coast Capital user >>
FS: 6TB HDD, Pixel 2, Phanteks LP cooler, free stuff
MY HEATWARE
Dec 3, 2003
340 posts
75 upvotes
Kanata
I picked this up this week from CC in Kanata and it's a pretty damned nice case for the price. It is very sturdy, light, incredibly quiet and was a pleasure to do my build in. The front/top SD card reader and two USB Ports (1 x 2.0 and 1 x 3.0) are super handy. I bought it because this rig is going in my office and I wanted it as quiet as possible (which is why I tossed in the watercooler as well)

My ONLY complaint about the case is the fact that the USB 3.0 Port on the front is not the type that plugs into the motherboard; it is the type that pops out the back of the case and back into the rear ports on the motherboard.

So far, I have the following in the case: P8Z77-V, i5-3570k, Corsair 256 GB SSD, Antec EarthWatts 650 Platinum and an Antec H20 620 Cooler.

Oh... if anyone wants to know, the 3570k idles around 23'C (As seen in the BIOS). I haven't done any further testing on the temperature as I just built this last night.

Any questions?
Banned
Aug 21, 2011
1286 posts
338 upvotes
Vancouverite604 wrote: do you think the MIR would work? http://img.canadacomputers.com/ProductI ... _GP_CA.PDF

it doesn't say CC specific, but it also isn't listed on the ME website.
Maybe yes, maybe not... even if the retailer is not listed, they could still deny them as ME may not be an authorized CM vendor. For a little extra you could get an Antec P280 or Corsair 550D.
Jul 10, 2003
28 posts
13 upvotes
Waterloo
Rory wrote: My ONLY complaint about the case is the fact that the USB 3.0 Port on the front is not the type that plugs into the motherboard; it is the type that pops out the back of the case and back into the rear ports on the motherboard.
Hmm, crappy about the USB 3.0 port thing - wish I'd seen that before ordering. I guess I could always use one of these things to convert it into the motherboard plug:

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_ ... _id=042509
Jan 30, 2012
8 posts
1 upvote
CHARLESBOURG
Thanks was looking to build one. How is the cooling?
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2006
4927 posts
17525 upvotes
TORONTO
Sourmouse wrote: Thanks was looking to build one. How is the cooling?
Not good according to the review I read.
Both Silencios showcase the number one problem with "quiet" cases: they tend to block out noise by sealing up every hole possible resulting in poor airflow and high temperatures.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)