Shopping Discussion

Cdn Tire staff giving out "refund cards" for returns on purchases paid with gift cards

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2017 5:01 pm
Deal Addict
May 9, 2009
4983 posts
836 upvotes
Montreal
Seems this is store specific. I returned an item in February and received the refund on my debit card.
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2001
13408 posts
4063 upvotes
The refund of gift cards to a refund card may be because it allows the franchisee's to easily recover the cost from other stores where the card is used. When the retailer gives you $100 back, that's their cash and perhaps the issuing of refund cards allows them to more easily collect "their cash" back from other franchisees. These refund cards have existed long before gift cards became so popular (the gift cards trees sprouting up at every store) so some of these processes may just be legacy.

I personally find CT is one of the best places for returns and stands behind their store brand products. I have never had a problem returning anything and know of people who returned 10+ year old items with no hassle.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
5114 posts
559 upvotes
Mississauga
psyko514 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 11:31 am
Seems this is store specific. I returned an item in February and received the refund on my debit card.
And you should. Op used gift cards to buy his merchandise.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2009
4983 posts
836 upvotes
Montreal
antigua1999 wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 9:33 am
And you should. Op used gift cards to buy his merchandise.
Ah, I didn't think too much about it but I see the difference.
Mar 15, 2011
190 posts
17 upvotes
Mississauga
carmaster wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 6:29 pm
They have been doing this for years now. If you return without a receipt, they give you one of these cards.
Hi carmaster

I wanted to know how it works to return without receipt. I have an unused brand new in box fitbit zip that I'd like to upgrade, but I have no receipt. would CT give me one of these 'merchadise credits'?
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
13655 posts
2229 upvotes
Toronto
kab.work wrote:
Apr 8th, 2017 3:16 pm
Hi carmaster

I wanted to know how it works to return without receipt. I have an unused brand new in box fitbit zip that I'd like to upgrade, but I have no receipt. would CT give me one of these 'merchadise credits'?
For electronic items not 100% sure if they will take it back without a receipt. If they do, they will give you the lowest sale price over the year as per their system. Then will give you a merchandise credit.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel