Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Cedar Mulch - $2.42 for 2 cu.ft. after HD PM

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2008 10:18 am
Tags:
None
Apr 13, 2004
70 posts
1 upvote
Guelph

[Home Depot] Cedar Mulch - $2.42 for 2 cu.ft. after HD PM

Rona has 2 cubic foot bags of natural cedar mulch on their website for $2.68.
Linky
Instore price is $3.09. I managed to get a couple of bags there for the web price (after some difficulty). Zipped over to Home Depot and got them to price match plus 10% of the difference, for a total of $2.42 per bag. Regular price there is $3.90 or so (sorry, no link).
Pretty good deal as it works out to $32.67/cubic yard - way cheaper and easier to transport and store than bulk in my area.
19 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 28, 2005
6409 posts
59 upvotes
Seems like a decent price. My dad has made friends with the hydro guys near our farm. We have about 4-5 dumptruck loads sitting in our paddock.

Last year when i was shovelling some in August, I found it pretty cool there was still snow in the bottom of it.

Yeah if you need tons and live in a country-ish area, call hydro, they're glad to give it away in most cases.
-
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
1268 posts
456 upvotes
Calgary
Price at Calgary Rona is $3.40 - cold deal for me even with PM
Calgary, AB
Apr 13, 2004
70 posts
1 upvote
Guelph
Skiguy53 wrote: Price at Calgary Rona is $3.40 - cold deal for me even with PM
You have to PM Rona with their own website with the link I gave you, that's what I did...then take that to home depot
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2704 posts
1593 upvotes
Toronto
I think the deal is dead now. The link you gave us does not have a price listed anymore.

On the other hand, if it did, you could just print it out and take it to home depot, and most of them will PM as their PM policy is really vague.

A couple PM'ed a fridge from the thebrick.com or one of those stores..., and even though the print out the couple had brought in had said "Prices in-store may vary.", HD still PM'ed it.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2001
1564 posts
321 upvotes
GTA
Now what would be really interesting is if you needed a lot of bags of mulch....see if HD will accept the Lowes coupon for $10 off $25
Apr 13, 2004
70 posts
1 upvote
Guelph
esq05 wrote: I think the deal is dead now. The link you gave us does not have a price listed anymore.
Wow, that was quick...if anyone wants a screencap, pm me :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
1667 posts
385 upvotes
Oakville
It shows up $2.68 with my Oakville postal code.
Jan 1, 2008
36 posts
It is dirt cheap at Bytown lumber in Ottawa...but none in supply
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
1268 posts
456 upvotes
Calgary
esq05 wrote: I think the deal is dead now. The link you gave us does not have a price listed anymore.

On the other hand, if it did, you could just print it out and take it to home depot, and most of them will PM as their PM policy is really vague.

A couple PM'ed a fridge from the thebrick.com or one of those stores..., and even though the print out the couple had brought in had said "Prices in-store may vary.", HD still PM'ed it.
You have to hit the rona site and enter your postal code first and then the price will show up after you use the link. I think the prices are regional. That's how I got my price in calgary...and it's cold for me
Calgary, AB
Jun 21, 2007
997 posts
235 upvotes
Milton, ON
The link shows $1.99 in-store only... ???
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2704 posts
1593 upvotes
Toronto
Skiguy53 wrote: You have to hit the rona site and enter your postal code first and then the price will show up after you use the link. I think the prices are regional. That's how I got my price in calgary...and it's cold for me
Yep, you're right. Says $1.99 for GTA.
tomw wrote: The link shows $1.99 in-store only... ???
Mar 26, 2008
30 posts
esq05 wrote: Yep, you're right. Says $1.99 for GTA.
I printed the online price, took it to Rona in Oakville and they gave it to me for 1.99. The posted price was 2.68.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2704 posts
1593 upvotes
Toronto
kyuzo838 wrote: I printed the online price, took it to Rona in Oakville and they gave it to me for 1.99. The posted price was 2.68.
You should've taken it to HD to pricematch it, would have saved you $0.20/bag... assuming HD carries it too and I think they do...
Mar 25, 2003
417 posts
17 upvotes
Ottawa
Anyone else have any luck PM with Home Depot

Thanks,

PB
Jun 17, 2006
47 posts
I tried to PM at HD but they are saying that they do not price match on seasonal goods. They will match Rona's price though. I ended up going to Rona to buy since I was disappointed in Home Depot not pricematching and got it for the price listed on the web $1.98
Nov 4, 2007
183 posts
4 upvotes
Holland Landing
$1.99 in GTA?? Mine says $4.97??

Is it the Cedar Mulch NU-GRO?
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1993 posts
513 upvotes
Toronto
I know last year HD had the cedar mulch cheaper than Rona, need about 8-10 bags.

If anyone has any info please post.

thanks
Thread started in 2016 - 1927 fully gutted and renovated 2 storey detached home in the big T.O. - small projects still in progress.

RFD priceless!
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
Think it is expired now, originally posted at end of April. The stuff on for $2.68 ish was different than what is showing when you search for cedar mulch (and original link doesn't work)

I bought like 100 bags from Rona at the 2.68 price (in a few trips).... It was cheaper and easier for me to spread then getting it delivered (or even picked up!) in bulk. Thing was a few of the bags were frozen together in clumps!