• Apr 2nd, 2016 3:01 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 9, 2010
1 posts
richmond hill

Ceragem Massage Bed is a SCAM.

I would just like to warn consumers out there about these massage beds and hear other people's feedback about them.

I went to a Ceragem store located at Centennial Parkway and Barton in Stoney Creek, ON. They offer you approximately five free trials before either purchasing a bed or purchasing a membership at their location. I tried the bed, which gives you a 30 min massage. It felt fine, but the machine has rollers which are extremely rough on the back, especially when you are a skinny person. I left the store feeling like anyone would normally feel after a massage. I noticed that over the last four months, I have experienced severe back pain that comes and goes. It is an absolutely horrible feeling, like being stabbed with 100 pencil thin knives. I have never experienced anything like this before, and it all started after that dreaded, stupid, Ceragem massage.

In my opinion, these are cheap and fake massage beds manufactured using child labour in south korea. They do not actually do anything good for you, and ultimately are absolutely horrible for your back. Things like these should not be allowed here in Canada. People should pay closer attention to what is imported and especially what is being offered to innocent consumers looking for a back massage, that end up getting hurt severely. I am 20 years old, and experiencing severe pain due to this caragem bed, and am sharing this with others because I don't want anyone else to feel this way.
19 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 2, 2009
14142 posts
584 upvotes
lcxxx wrote:
Aug 16th, 2010 4:00 pm
I would just like to warn consumers out there about these massage beds and hear other people's feedback about them.

I went to a Ceragem store located at Centennial Parkway and Barton in Stoney Creek, ON. They offer you approximately five free trials before either purchasing a bed or purchasing a membership at their location. I tried the bed, which gives you a 30 min massage. It felt fine, but the machine has rollers which are extremely rough on the back, especially when you are a skinny person. I left the store feeling like anyone would normally feel after a massage. I noticed that over the last four months, I have experienced severe back pain that comes and goes. It is an absolutely horrible feeling, like being stabbed with 100 pencil thin knives. I have never experienced anything like this before, and it all started after that dreaded, stupid, Ceragem massage.

In my opinion, these are cheap and fake massage beds manufactured using child labour in south korea. They do not actually do anything good for you, and ultimately are absolutely horrible for your back. Things like these should not be allowed here in Canada. People should pay closer attention to what is imported and especially what is being offered to innocent consumers looking for a back massage, that end up getting hurt severely. I am 20 years old, and experiencing severe pain due to this caragem bed, and am sharing this with others because I don't want anyone else to feel this way.
I like how you state "in your opinion", but attempt to slander the company and damage it's image by claiming they use child labor.

Are you sure you haven't done anything that would cause the back pain?

And did you do your research before trying out the product? Some people feel it's kind of scammish, but other folks have had no problems with the product. A case of YMMV, it seems.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/ceragem-scam-506913/

Thread = repost.
Apr 11, 2008
489 posts
22 upvotes
Not to defend them or anything, but this isn't exactly a scam.

Massage chairs are mass produced, and they will never 100% be comfortable for everyone who sits on that chair. They aren't tailor made to your body's contours, they're just made so that majority of people can fit in them.

With that said, you take that risk when you use any type of massage service. I don't go to a massage parlour and call them scammers because it didn't feel good. I've had tons of massages from registered massage therapists before, and some of them felt like they were taking out their anger on me. Some are nice and gentle, and some just plain out suck.

And certainly your claims of them being cheap, fake and using child labor has no proof. You're just blowing hot air there.

I'm all for warning consumers of potential scams, but this is just in bad taste.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
34344 posts
1478 upvotes
Toronto
I always thought that these types of massage devices weren't really meant for medical purposes...
    [url=http://tinyurl.com/lbqqav3][size=100][B]
  • Urbanpoet's lottery pool is BACK![/B][/size][/url]
  • 2 Corinthians 5:7 "We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight."
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
24879 posts
2466 upvotes
Ottawa
UrbanPoet wrote:
Aug 16th, 2010 4:32 pm
I always thought that these types of massage devices weren't really meant for medical purposes...
I thought you could only use these beds in cheap hotels? :lol:
Put a buck in the slot and let it vibrate you into bliss :lol:
OP, you made my day. I needed a good laugh.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
4052 posts
143 upvotes
I don't understand why you would even consider the bed over an RMT. If you were getting a proper massage by an RMT, you could have immediately expressed what you liked and hated about the massage and the person could have adjusted their pressure/technique/part being massaged to make your treatment more enjoyable/effective. With a one-size-fits-all type of bed how much did you really expect to get out of the massage?

I also don't see how you could, with any certainty, link the use of the bed to back pain months later. There are probably 100s of causes for back pain. Are you sure you ruled out every single one of them?

Oh, and congrats on this thread being your first post on the Forum ;)
Nov 15, 2010
1 posts
Washington
I have been using this bed for well over three years.
I found it to be amazingly good. Back pain is a thing of the past. I use it almost five days a week (all year around).

I know many people who are active users of this bed year after year (they must all be crazy or going through
placebo effect).

Is it possible to get placebo effect from using Ceragem? I do not have any answer for such thing.

Ceragem is NOT going to cure all your deceases especially mental disorder (it being put together using
child labour - the person making such statement - must be suffering from mental disorder).

If you have sleeping disorder, potential exist for better sleep by using this bed (no guarantees for sure).
If you have severe back pain, definitely Ceragem bed will give your relief .
If you fahrt a lot - no help using Ceragem.
Can it cure cancer, aids etc? - anyone believing that must be desperate. Anyone making such claim is bordering on fraud. Ceragem is not for any cure for any disease period. It is like saying walking one mile a day will cure your blood pressure problem (such claims are still being made by NDs).
Jun 28, 2011
1 posts
VANCOUVER
To even write a review feels a waste of time. The product is a scam and offers none of the health benefits claimed. The chronic pain condition that I live with makes it impossible for me to use the Ceragem bed. Service at Ceragem is non-existent in that attempting to speak with anyone at Ceragem is useless as 1) either staff don't speak English, 2) speak argumentatively from a superiority stance, 3), insinuate that you are wasting THEIR time, 4) argue that use of the product has been conducted erroneously, 5) a combination of the above. There is no recourse for unsatisfied customers. On-line blogs identify other customers who have been left in worse physical shape after having used the bed. I am left with a useless, heavy piece of equipment that I have advertised as 'free to pick up' and to which I have received no responses.
Jan 7, 2014
1 posts
lcxxx wrote:

I thought I'd let you know about my experience as you appear to have had a negative reaction to your 1 attempt of using the Ceragem massage table. I have had Head aches which seemed to be due to any new excessive exercise or as a reaction to stress. the head ache started in my neck and climbed up and over felt extreme pain under or behind my eye. These occured since about grade 5 (11 yrs old) through till 6 yrs ago. I had been experiancing what seemed to be sciatic never pain in my Glutes and down my right leg. I went to Ceragem for free then paid 65.00 for a membership which included a set of sheets and a carry bag for those sheets. 5 days a week for about three monthes head aches gone digestion issues cleared up and sciatic was much better. I have had three years no massage table then recently I had two head aches and I have began to go to Ceragem again twice per week and I am hoping not to have any reoccurance of the head aches. I would suggest you give the new table a try as it is adjustable pressure for 1 - 6 1 being the least pressure. # yrs with no head aches after most of my life having head aches once to three times a week sometimes. Pretty positive that the heat and/or the massage made a huge improvement in my muscle tension. How ever the first few times i went their was a serious level of discomfort but breath and as I said use the newest table. My mom just started going and she could not normally even handle a med pressure type massage from a massage therapist but she could indure the first couple of masages on the new table set on level 1.
Dec 6, 2014
2 posts
Brampton, ON
lcxxx wrote:

Hello, my grandmother has been using the ceragem bed for a month now and all of a sudden started having severe pain starting from her neck down to her left arm, also down her back left side. I took her to the hospital and all tests were normal, took pain killers and have yet seen no signs of improvement. It has been a week and no improvement. Although she had light neck pain before, just over 1 night the pain became intolerable and it hurts me to see her in this much pain. She describes the pain exactly like 100 knives stabbing her left arm (heart tests are normal). PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me what are you taking or doing to ease the pain, thank you
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
5745 posts
539 upvotes
10 posts in this thread, and 5 of them are first time posts from newbies. And 3 of the newbie posts go back 3+ years and they never posted again. Are we setting new records here? Another thread not to be taken seriously!
Dec 6, 2014
2 posts
Brampton, ON
woof wrote:
Jun 28th, 2014 9:04 pm
10 posts in this thread, and 5 of them are first time posts from newbies. And 3 of the newbie posts go back 3+ years and they never posted again. Are we setting new records here? Another thread not to be taken seriously!
Hey, i posted with the intention of being taken seriously. I'm just looking to figure out how to make my grandmother feel more at ease with the pain that I think was caused from the Ceragem bed! I searched in google with the bed and this link came up, my grandmother describes the pain the exact same way as the pain described in the previous threads. Just hoping for a reply on how they managed the pain
Mar 19, 2015
2 posts
Toronto, ON
I am interested in trying this bed; where did you get a membership and what are the terms? how many visits and for what period of time?
thanks
Mar 19, 2015
2 posts
Toronto, ON
She should be evaluated by a healthcare professional.
If a person has an old latent injury it can be exacerbated by stimulating that area; this may be part of the healing process but needs to be assessed by a healthcare professional.
Apr 22, 2015
1 posts
Toronto, ON
lcxxx wrote:

Dear All
As per my experience at Ceragem(Mundka Centre), Metro pillar no.536, shop no.215/216, owner name "Vineet", they purely sales people and want only sales their products they have no any moral value:-
1.They have uneducated staff(8-10th) pass, why because to they agree with little salary.
2.They have not even basic knowledge about of science or our body they misguided poor and uneducated person that, their machine do any thing(cure: Cancer, Sugar,BP etc).
3.First three or five days their behaviour with you good but if they comes to know you not interested to purchase their products than they start to ignore and irritating you.
4.According to my experience it is only machine massage with heat, just like foot massager nothing else, may be some people get some relief for some time only.
5.I was continue visited same centre for 15 days but my lower back pain is increase instead of decrease.
6.They fool people tells to innocent people increment of pain is symptom of your recovery, this time you take only warm water and all things will be well.
× < >