Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Chain Reaction Cycles

Osprey Backpack Farpoint 40L M/L Volcanic Grey - $110.49

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2019 6:50 pm
256 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2569 posts
1818 upvotes
Waterloo
Lots of old threads on this really popular travel pack from Chain Reaction Cycles. Search RFD forums for prior threads. Looks like they are charging for shipping now.

If you have a no forex surcharge credit card, change currency to GBP and apply the new customer discount code: NCV2019 (takes GBP10 off order of GBP50 or more, but requires account sign-up)

Net Price even with bulk shipping = GBP 66.48 (equivalent to CAD113.44 as of right now)
Congratulations!
Today is YOUR day.
You're off to great places!
You're off and away!
Penalty Box
Jul 6, 2018
1044 posts
1990 upvotes
Bought this a while back at MEC for 250$. Highly recommended. Non-stop use and it still looks brand new. Definitely a "buy it for life" purchase.
Aug 24, 2015
552 posts
2211 upvotes
AB
FYI, these are shipping costs. The Duty Paid seems extremely high?

Duty Paid - C$86.26
Express Duty Paid Shipping - Estimated delivery 2-4 working days pending customs clearance – all duties and taxes are included in shipping cost

Bulky Tracked Delivery - C$24.99
Estimated delivery 6-8 days pending customs clearance – All orders over $20 will incur Canadian import duty + a handling charge from our courier
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2017
1923 posts
2111 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
Man when will the exos series go on sale. Missed the $150 atmosphere clearance.
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
2674 posts
972 upvotes
Montreal
Shipping kinda kills the deal for me though :\. Anyone had experience with their shipping? Got dinged at customs?
Dec 11, 2001
290 posts
71 upvotes
Manitoba, Canada
If you live near the States, have a parcel pickup location, and go over every now and then for a couple nights to get your 48 hour tax exemption. You can have it shipped to the US for free. Unfortunately they won't let you ship to US and pay in CDN otherwise it would only be $108 canadian, but they make you pay in US dollars and charge $100 US with free shipping, so around $135 Canadian before your parcel pickup fee.
Apr 8, 2007
566 posts
202 upvotes
Yragorn wrote: Shipping kinda kills the deal for me though :\. Anyone had experience with their shipping? Got dinged at customs?
Check out the previous thread on this. Most people got charged a customs fee, myself included $25. This price is even better than the last sale so the customs fee isn't too bad.
May 16, 2010
576 posts
402 upvotes
Vancouver
so another $25 on top of the $25 indicated by the arrow?
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2569 posts
1818 upvotes
Waterloo
whoace wrote: OK?

Selection_053.png
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $75*
*excludes any customs duty, applicable taxes and also excludes shipping of complete bicycles and other bulky items.

Free Shipping doesn't apply to bulky items... if you use the trick in my post above, it's nearly free shipping with the new customer coupon.

Currency: British Pound
Last edited by cadave on Jan 21st, 2019 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Congratulations!
Today is YOUR day.
You're off to great places!
You're off and away!
Mar 11, 2011
415 posts
154 upvotes
Montréal
Shipping used to be free, not sure why UK cycling shops seem to no longer offer free shipping since January 1st. I was able to get it for $100 last month, no duties.
Sep 17, 2018
492 posts
505 upvotes
I have been looking for the best/most versatile carry on bag/backpack. How does this fare for weekend trips? I have a seperate bag for hiking or other activities.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1102 posts
795 upvotes
Calgary
Steack wrote: Shipping used to be free, not sure why UK cycling shops seem to no longer offer free shipping since January 1st. I was able to get it for $100 last month, no duties.
Other items, you can still get free shipping (tried with 2 tires in my cart) but as soon as I add the backpack, the amount changes to $25.
HamMane wrote: I have been looking for the best/most versatile carry on bag/backpack. How does this fare for weekend trips? I have a seperate bag for hiking or other activities.
see video below.
dnyc wrote: This guy's review makes me want this bag even more.

May 16, 2010
576 posts
402 upvotes
Vancouver
I picked the bottom delivery option and used the new customer coupon and total was $123 CDN. will I get another $25 duty charge and tax on top of that? just trying to figure out if it is worth it.
Jun 19, 2010
722 posts
699 upvotes
Vancouver
This bag is fantastic. Bought one last year for a trip to Africa and used it as my carryon bag. Paired with some packing cubes and it's an easily organized bag. I loaded it up with more than I thought I could fit as a carryon (brought 14kg of stone sculptures back from Zimbabwe and carried through multiple airports without difficulty, plus nobody noticed my bag was overweight).
Dec 17, 2018
433 posts
752 upvotes
Ottawa
Great deal, thanks OP
Public Mobile $34 for 50gbs CAN/US
Tiffany December 2021 recipient
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1102 posts
795 upvotes
Calgary
xman111 wrote: I picked the bottom delivery option and used the new customer coupon and total was $123 CDN. will I get another $25 duty charge and tax on top of that? just trying to figure out if it is worth it.
i've been hit 2/3 times in the past. not sure if the new shipping method will incur duty charge, or if it's a hit or miss.
Jul 15, 2018
103 posts
48 upvotes
Saskatchewan
Can't recommend Osprey and the Farpoint enough. Bought my wife the 40L and I have the 55L and that is all we used for 3 weeks in Australia and New Zealand. Extremely comfy when fully loaded and very well made.