Expired Hot Deals

[Chain Reaction Cycles] Osprey Backpack Farpoint 40L M/L Volcanic Grey - $110.49

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2019 6:50 pm
Nov 21, 2017
430 posts
196 upvotes
Surrey BC
This is a good all around backpack right? Going hiking going to work. I work in the film industry so I keep my tablet extra layers rain pants jacket toiletry bag etc ID's with me.
Sep 14, 2015
34 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Yeah this is a fantastic bag I already have the red one and am looking to buy another for my GF.
May 19, 2015
202 posts
174 upvotes
The bag is overhyped in my opinion. The 40L designation gives false impression the backpack can carry a lot of things. The main compartment holds a few items for a 3-4 day trip but is not suitable for longer trips. Also, it is uncomfortable to carry on the back if it is heavy. I found it challenging to carry it out at the airport, bus, subway when it's loaded to capacity. I find wheeled luggage to be more practical for my needs.
Sep 25, 2017
525 posts
367 upvotes
Strong/Free Canada
EdwardS050 wrote:
Feb 4th, 2019 9:13 pm
The bag is overhyped in my opinion. The 40L designation gives false impression the backpack can carry a lot of things. The main compartment holds a few items for a 3-4 day trip but is not suitable for longer trips. Also, it is uncomfortable to carry on the back if it is heavy. I found it challenging to carry it out at the airport, bus, subway when it's loaded to capacity. I find wheeled luggage to be more practical for my needs.

Sorry mate that's not a bag issue that's a going to the gym issue lmao
"Buy now...think later...You can always return it."
Aug 15, 2009
250 posts
127 upvotes
Montreal
EdwardS050 wrote:
I'm going on a snowmobile work trip for 7 days. I fit all my needs in this bag ? You should start rolling your clothes and make better use of your space in your luggages.
Oct 27, 2015
85 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ordered the bag about 2 weeks ago. This evening it was delivered by Canada Post. No duties or taxes!
Feb 17, 2007
135 posts
7 upvotes
Markham
Bought a M/L and it doesn't fit me. If someone wants in Toronto I can sell at cost.

PM me.

Thanks
Sep 17, 2018
110 posts
61 upvotes
Sent support a ticket. They promptly confirmed they will refund my shipping cost. Up to 5 business days.
Jul 23, 2008
773 posts
151 upvotes
I've buyed before seing this thread, that would have allows me to same more with the tip about changin canadian dollar to gbp. Too bad, it was 115$ with paid duty. Not too bad giving the fact that the same bag is 220$ (plus taxes ) at Sail.

Our goal is to go to our one month in Europe (Dolomites, Slovenia and Croatia) with only carry on. We will have 2 bags (Osprey, Mec Fastrack) and 2 carry on suitcase for 2 adults and 2 kids. We should be able to manage it.

Can someone show me good packing cubes for all those luggage ?
Jan 20, 2018
71 posts
51 upvotes
EdwardS050 wrote:
If you can only fit 3-4 days worth of items into a 40L backpack you're definitely over packing. Unless you're bringing tonnes of technical gear.

A 40L backpack is more than enough space for me to do a week long trip in Algonquin including food sleeping bag sleeping pad and tent.

Most people I encounter at work use this bag for month+ long trips easily.

I have no clue what you mean by the "40L designation gives the false impression" as if 40L is just a designation and not the volume of the pack and another designated 40L pack will give a "true impreasion" it can carry a lot...
Apr 8, 2018
6 posts
3 upvotes
EdwardS050 wrote:
I think this bag is great, but is a bit small for taller people. Fitting pants and long sleeve shirts with size 11 shoes was doable, but filled up quickly and no extra space for gifts. The Osprey Porter 46 is a good alternative.
Dec 21, 2012
214 posts
190 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
All sizes and colours back in stock. Thanks OP. Picked one up.
May 30, 2016
76 posts
140 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
I did a three week backpacking trip with this bag. Granted this bag's compartments aren't great and could have been designed much better, and the waist straps are annoying for everyday use, it's still a very good travel bag.