Expired Hot Deals

[Chain Reaction Cycles] Osprey Backpack Farpoint 40L M/L Volcanic Grey - $110.49

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2019 6:50 pm
May 16, 2010
57 posts
32 upvotes
I picked the bottom delivery option and used the new customer coupon and total was $123 CDN. will I get another $25 duty charge and tax on top of that? just trying to figure out if it is worth it.
Jun 19, 2010
330 posts
208 upvotes
Vancouver
This bag is fantastic. Bought one last year for a trip to Africa and used it as my carryon bag. Paired with some packing cubes and it's an easily organized bag. I loaded it up with more than I thought I could fit as a carryon (brought 14kg of stone sculptures back from Zimbabwe and carried through multiple airports without difficulty, plus nobody noticed my bag was overweight).
Dec 26, 2010
851 posts
521 upvotes
xman111 wrote:
Jan 21st, 2019 2:04 pm
I picked the bottom delivery option and used the new customer coupon and total was $123 CDN. will I get another $25 duty charge and tax on top of that? just trying to figure out if it is worth it.
i've been hit 2/3 times in the past. not sure if the new shipping method will incur duty charge, or if it's a hit or miss.
Jul 15, 2018
24 posts
9 upvotes
Can't recommend Osprey and the Farpoint enough. Bought my wife the 40L and I have the 55L and that is all we used for 3 weeks in Australia and New Zealand. Extremely comfy when fully loaded and very well made.
May 16, 2010
57 posts
32 upvotes
as long as it is only $25, would hate to get a $80 bill after this.
Nov 8, 2018
21 posts
17 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
use code JAN19 for $20 off a $150 spend, so if you buy an add-on the shipping becomes $5?
Sep 17, 2018
78 posts
38 upvotes
Ordered, NCV2019 worked for me. Hopefully this bags as good as everyone says it is. Jasper Red.
Jan 1, 2008
34 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
cadave wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 11:01 pm
Lots of old threads on this really popular travel pack from Chain Reaction Cycles. Search RFD forums for prior threads. Looks like they are charging for shipping now.

If you have a no forex surcharge credit card, change currency to GBP and apply the new customer discount code: NCV2019 (takes GBP10 off order of GBP50 or more, but requires account sign-up)

Net Price even with bulk shipping = GBP 66.48 (equivalent to CAD113.44 as of right now)
This works, much appreciated. Ordered one for my trip to Colombia.
Jan 26, 2010
454 posts
68 upvotes
Gender is listed as Female. Can anyone comment on if this actually matters?
May 10, 2006
71 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered 2 of these during black Friday for the same price minus the $10 for new customer signups. It was free shipping then and I ordered one with 'free shipping tracked' which had the potential to be hit with customs, and one with 'free shipping parcel' which they claimed wouldn't be hit with duties but would take longer. I live in Toronto and neither of them got hit with duties or customs fees. They also both arrived around the same time (could have been because of the postal strike though).

The bag itself is amazing. There's 2 sizes and I believe I read online somewhere the s/m size is recommended for people 5'9" and under and m/l for above. I'm 5'8" and found the s/m size perfect. Also it seems like that size is recommended for females as well but I suppose that depends on their height. Note that the s/m is also 38L instead of the 40L but for some that might be a bonus.
Dec 24, 2014
223 posts
533 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I got dinged earlier with duty ordering this from CRC :( Should have picked the duty paid option, but decided to risk it and lost it.
Apr 20, 2008
315 posts
116 upvotes
MontfortOaks wrote:
Jan 21st, 2019 9:53 pm
I got dinged earlier with duty ordering this from CRC :( Should have picked the duty paid option, but decided to risk it and lost it.
How much did you get dinged?