Expired Hot Deals

[Chain Reaction Cycles] Osprey Backpack Farpoint 40L M/L Volcanic Grey - $110.49

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2019 6:50 pm
Nov 21, 2017
426 posts
193 upvotes
Surrey BC
So where are the straps to carry it like a real backpack
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
19877 posts
1647 upvotes
YUL
I travelled Spain last May for 10 days with just this bag. It fit perfectly under the airplane seat, too. Great bag. A steal at just over $100. Mine was the S/M size.
Aug 15, 2009
181 posts
88 upvotes
Montreal
flipper316 wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2019 4:52 pm
So where are the straps to carry it like a real backpack
Behind the bag under the zip pocket.
Jan 20, 2007
544 posts
345 upvotes
Studystand wrote:
Jan 21st, 2019 9:02 pm
Gender is listed as Female. Can anyone comment on if this actually matters?
The female version of this backpack is actually called Fairview which is also on sale. The description does say the Fairview has a female specific fit but I imagine the differences are probably minor.

Bought this back in May. Free shipping, no duties. Used it for a 2 week trip in Europe. Stuffed it to the max 10kg allowed for carry on, and it was a breeze carrying it through multiple airports/trains/destinations. Highly recommended if you don't mind packing light and hate having to wait for luggage after arrival. Packing cubes are a must. I also have the MEC Fasttrack and although it has more structure than the Osprey I found it more cumbersome to carry. Lookswise the Osprey wins hands down.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
8970 posts
641 upvotes
Toronto
I got the Fairview during CRC's Black Friday sale (since the Farpoint was sold out) and it has fit me well. Granted I am on the thin side, ~170cm asian male.

There's a video on youtube detailing the exact differences, but I believe the biggest difference is that the straps sit lower on the Fairview (thus causing the pack to sit higher on the back)

... here it is -->

Start at 3:50 for comparisons

Edit: Might also want to check it out in store and size yourself to make sure you get a good fit. See video:

I just bought mine blindly and crossed my fingers lol. Got lucky!
Sep 17, 2018
80 posts
38 upvotes
Package just arrived, no customs fees at the door.
Sep 5, 2008
398 posts
240 upvotes
Port Moody
OutsideYourWorld wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 11:53 pm
Man when will the exos series go on sale. Missed the $150 atmosphere clearance.
They had these at Costco on Clearance a while ago... $99! I just recently sold mine as I had to get a pack with more winter features. I'll miss it (and possibly buy it again down the road).
Sep 5, 2008
398 posts
240 upvotes
Port Moody
puglife644 wrote:
Jan 21st, 2019 10:30 pm
The duty on a backpack imported from a NAFTA country should only be 5% + PST (if applicable) + S/H fee (~$10)?
Thus, for this bag, I would expect anywhere from $15-25 CAD in duties, depending on what province you're from.

EDIT: Forgot that this was shipped from the UK.
AFAIK, rules of origin trump country of purchase but I'd look into it first.
Apr 8, 2017
383 posts
195 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
jerschwab wrote:
Jan 28th, 2019 8:28 pm
They had these at Costco on Clearance a while ago... $99! I just recently sold mine as I had to get a pack with more winter features. I'll miss it (and possibly buy it again down the road).
No way, which size? I'm after the 58. Looking at some thru hiking in the future. Newest variation didn't even go on sale this past Christmas.
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Jul 30, 2018
10 posts
6 upvotes
OutsideYourWorld wrote:
Jan 28th, 2019 8:37 pm
No way, which size? I'm after the 58. Looking at some thru hiking in the future. Newest variation didn't even go on sale this past Christmas.
Was the older one... 48L. Regular price at Costco was $159, but they cleared out the left of them at one point. The Last Hunt also had them for a similar price too.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1155 posts
455 upvotes
najibs wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2019 4:56 pm
I travelled Spain last May for 10 days with just this bag. It fit perfectly under the airplane seat, too. Great bag. A steal at just over $100. Mine was the S/M size.
May I ask your height/build? I'm 5' 9" with a long torso, so I'm not sure if I'm better off getting the M/L size
Sep 5, 2008
398 posts
240 upvotes
Port Moody
I am 5'10" with an 18" torso... so I can wear a small in most backpacks (my Osprey Kamber ski pack is S/M and fits up to a 20" torso suprisingly). Torso matters more than height. You want the hip belt sitting just on the top part of your hip bones to help support the load.

More sizing & fitting instructions here:
https://www.osprey.com/ca/en/fitting-learning/size-fit