Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
ChainReaction Cycles

Schwalbe Marathon Touring Bike Tires $28.49

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 3rd, 2021 3:57 pm
Dec 28, 2010
140 posts
111 upvotes
Ottawa

Schwalbe Marathon Touring Bike Tires $28.49

Deal Link:
Price:
$28.49
Savings:
50%
Expiry:
October 23, 2018
Retailer:
ChainReaction Cycles
Good deals on bike tires and accessories. Picked up a pair of these tires, a chain and an inner tube to meet the minimum ($75) threshold for free shipping.
35 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3689 posts
4303 upvotes
I actually bought these a month ago for the same price, for my Giant Roam. This tire has the reputation as an all-rounder and very durable. It rides very smooth, with no rolling resistance, unlike my previous cheap tire. Yet it's very grippy on corners. This store delivered very fast, considering it's in the UK. Within just 5 days I had my tires, and I think two of them were weekend days. I chose to prepay brokerage at checkout, since I wanted no surprises but it was a small fee and the tires were still much cheaper (by about $50) than what I would have paid at any bike store in Canada. Good bike store - will consider it for other parts in the future if the price is right.
For Sale:
Mar 26, 2018
102 posts
129 upvotes
Solid tires. Have them on one of my bikes and have held up well though all-year riding.

Also, I see some Gatorskins on sale as well. Great deal. A fraction of what I paid!

Thanks for sharing.
Feb 24, 2017
45 posts
67 upvotes
Burnaby
Good deal but OOS
My mistake the 700x28 are available at that price
Aug 6, 2009
101 posts
28 upvotes
Edmonton
I got one of these and love it. Also have had luck with schwalbe durano. Used to run vitorria rubino pro and what a much more compliant ride!
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2010
1916 posts
842 upvotes
Surrey
Amazing tires... I have the schwalbe marathon plus
Jun 22, 2016
185 posts
221 upvotes
Vancouver
Great Tires. I used to get 20,000 on the listed Marathons on the rear and close to 35,000km on the fronts when I did a very long multi year tour. Then I found the XR's which I stockpiled before they discontinued them!
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3689 posts
4303 upvotes
jpwkr1 wrote: I've heard good things about these lifeline prime tires: http://www.wiggle.com/lifeline-prime-armour-road-tyre/
But there isn't a ton of tread on them so probably better in the summer. Price is normal price of $26 (markup on tires is huge), 120TPI.
A sweet looking tire. Probably a bit lighter than the schwalbe marathons. But are they okay for a hybrid bike and is that store legit? Any brokerage to pay?
For Sale:
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3426 posts
1395 upvotes
Lévis
sleizure wrote: Great Tires. I used to get 20,000 on the listed Marathons on the rear and close to 35,000km on the fronts when I did a very long multi year tour. Then I found the XR's which I stockpiled before they discontinued them!
Probably very good but, IMHO, avoid on wet road...

I also wonder how the Schwalbe are when braking on wet road.
Pourquoi pas?
Oct 31, 2017
301 posts
78 upvotes
Not the wheel just the rubber tire. No deal.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2011
1495 posts
2702 upvotes
Mrsleah wrote: Not the wheel just the rubber tire. No deal.
$29 for this calibre of tire is a great deal. Oh wait, you're expecting rubber tires, steel spokes, alloy rims, hubs, the labour and the machinery to setup it all up, and delivered to you for $29. Would you like people to pay you while they make you the product too?
Jan 5, 2005
162 posts
61 upvotes
Calgary
isgaard wrote: $29 for this calibre of tire is a great deal. Oh wait, you're expecting rubber tires, steel spokes, alloy rims, hubs, the labour and the machinery to setup it all up, and delivered to you for $29. Would you like people to pay you while they make you the product too?
He probably wants the bike included as well.

Great deal, OP. I’ve had great experiences shopping at Chain Reaction Cycles.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2975 upvotes
Calgary
lov lov the marathons on my airnimal folder. I've had numerous punctures with normal tires on my cyclocross bike but the marathons.....never a puncture. that said, these tires are quite a bit heavier & slower than racers/trainers tires. great tires for training & casual riding.

good deal!
Feb 14, 2014
45 posts
28 upvotes
Presently in Vancouver and looking to save the shipping which is free at $75. Who wants to combine an order?
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2017
1909 posts
2095 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
The Marathon touring ROAD tyre is only $21.. Not entirely sure what the difference is there.. But i'm also fairly new to the cycling world.

My bike uses 26's anyway though, so.
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
1188 posts
349 upvotes
OutsideYourWorld wrote: The Marathon touring ROAD tyre is only $21.. Not entirely sure what the difference is there.. But i'm also fairly new to the cycling world.

My bike uses 26's anyway though, so.
been eyeing those 26's as well.
Feb 14, 2014
45 posts
28 upvotes
isgaard wrote: At this price, just buy the 3rd tire and resell it locally, you'll come out ahead.
I would, but I've bought more than I needed a few times now and all I ended up with was more than I needed.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2017
1909 posts
2095 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
Apparently you can get an extra discount on clearance items, but a minimum order is required... Yet they don't say anywhere what that minimum is.
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Nov 30, 2013
505 posts
622 upvotes
NB
this seems to be a good deal, I would save $20 if I bought 2 tires but that is not worth it to me to ditch my local bike shop.
I AM NOT A BOOMER, but I wish i was.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)