Challenge/notify CERB repayment.

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2020 9:45 am
Tags:
Jun 9, 2006
90 posts
18 upvotes

Challenge/notify CERB repayment.

Basically I applied for CERB both through EI and CRA. I recieved $2000 from each. After a conversation with the CERB hotline I released I was supposed only apply for one so I sent the one from the CRA back two days after receiving it. Anyhow I noticed n my CRA my account a message saying I have to send back the $2000 which I had already done. I was wondering how I can notify or challenge the CRA request electronically?
6 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2007
1657 posts
1316 upvotes
Mississauga
bandito40 wrote: Basically I applied for CERB both through EI and CRA. I recieved $2000 from each. After a conversation with the CERB hotline I released I was supposed only apply for one so I sent the one from the CRA back two days after receiving it. Anyhow I noticed n my CRA my account a message saying I have to send back the $2000 which I had already done. I was wondering how I can notify or challenge the CRA request electronically?
Contact them as had something similar but not carb. I made a payment and they applied it to next year instead of the current year. They moved it over right on the phone and then sent an updated statement.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
4104 posts
2980 upvotes
Kitchener
I was under the impression that they'd be doing this atomically in the new year. My money is still sitting in "instalments". Last thing I need is to pay taxes on money I already sent back.

Edit: I checked just now, and it seems they finally transferred it (as of a couple weeks ago, it wasn't transferred).

Instalment Account Transactions
Date Details Amount debited Amount credited Balance
June 08, 2020 Payment dated June 08 2020 2,000.00 -2,000.00
June 08, 2020 Transferred to Canada Emergency Benefit account, credit dated June 08 2020 2,000.00 0.00
Balance 0.00
Why can't we all just get along?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
8541 posts
2655 upvotes
Toronto
bandito40 wrote: Basically I applied for CERB both through EI and CRA. I recieved $2000 from each. After a conversation with the CERB hotline I released I was supposed only apply for one so I sent the one from the CRA back two days after receiving it. Anyhow I noticed n my CRA my account a message saying I have to send back the $2000 which I had already done. I was wondering how I can notify or challenge the CRA request electronically?
Send a prove that you send it back.
Jun 9, 2006
90 posts
18 upvotes
So after a call with the CRA it turns out that it was paid back on April 8 when I sent back the money via a 2020 tax installment verified in my CRA account history. I had Just never looked there. The person said to ignore the message as I am in the safe.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2015
8524 posts
2944 upvotes
0 downvotes
so u double dipped? i didnt think that was allowed, well atleast you paid it all back.
Supermarket worker at Fortino's
I'm Not a Wise Guy but more of a Good Fella~!
Drive an Escalade