Automotive

Challenging Dealer to do their Job under warranty.

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2015 10:57 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
33669 posts
7651 upvotes
Ottawa
dealsaddict wrote:
Dec 13th, 2015 2:58 pm
If you don't like people seeing/responding to your posts, make them private.
I have no problem with "people seeing/responding to your posts,". I just want to know what you are saying or trying to say. Did you read the post you quoted and respond to it. Do you really think you added any value to it?

Again, "Very likely a Ford 6F35." is not a response to my statement or questions or clarifying my point so, that is why I asked what it is supposed to mean. You could have said Widget295 and it has the same effect...What the h*** is that supposed to mean?
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2002
1738 posts
143 upvotes
North
Pete_Coach wrote:
Dec 13th, 2015 3:09 pm
I have no problem with "people seeing/responding to your posts,". I just want to know what you are saying or trying to say. Did you read the post you quoted and respond to it. Do you really think you added any value to it?

Again, "Very likely a Ford 6F35." is not a response to my statement or questions or clarifying my point so, that is why I asked what it is supposed to mean. You could have said Widget295 and it has the same effect...What the h*** is that supposed to mean?

Again, "very likely a Ford 6F35". You have problem with that? Deal with it.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
33669 posts
7651 upvotes
Ottawa
dealsaddict wrote:
Dec 13th, 2015 3:16 pm
Again, "very likely a Ford 6F35". You have problem with that? Deal with it.
No problem at all if you would only respond to my question if you quote it. Here is the questions I asked,
"OP, While there is lots of complaining and agreeing about poor service about Ford, your model in particular, and suggestions on what to do, you have not answered the questions in post 12 or 14.
Any problem with a car is not as easy as just going in and saying it does not work, fix it under warranty. What have you done to prove your case? What has been done?
Complaining about a service department is useless unless and until the problem can be duplicated and proven."

Where does your response ""very likely a Ford 6F35" answer any of the questions I posed to the OP? Not you.I fyou know how to correct all the OP's problems, respond to his questions and his posts.
Your response infers a Ford transmission but my questions have nothing to do with that or any other part. It has very much to do with diagnosis and what was done by the dealer and what the OP did to prove his case. If you have an instant answer to the OP's issues and problems, then respond to his questions, not trying to answer my questions, which have nothing to do with the parts on the car, with an obtuse cryptic response. As always, RTFQ...and respond to that.
Comprehension does not seem to be your strong point so you are forgiven.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2011
1491 posts
1164 upvotes
I think someone needs to get la*d...bigtime....
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
33669 posts
7651 upvotes
Ottawa
Nah, just have little tolerance for comprehension problems....big time :)
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2011
1491 posts
1164 upvotes
I thinks you have a bigger serious problem... not worth blowing a blood vessel over it...
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
33669 posts
7651 upvotes
Ottawa
billford wrote:
Dec 13th, 2015 4:49 pm
I thinks you have a bigger serious problem... not worth blowing a blood vessel over it...
OK, done. :)
Deal Addict
May 30, 2012
3542 posts
837 upvotes
Montreal
Multiple user accounts....reported for ban
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
33669 posts
7651 upvotes
Ottawa
iownyou wrote:
Dec 13th, 2015 8:39 pm
Multiple user accounts....reported for ban
Who has multiple user accounts. An accusation without basis has no merit.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2013
2732 posts
277 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
2013 Escape 2.0L. Happens mostly with first 2 gears. From a stop, it doesn't happen often. Weird thing is when I am slowing down , like say as I approach a red light, and then it turns green so I speed up again, it just kinda lags. Feels weird. I think they did a software update and changed the transmission fluid, which helped a bit.

Let the mechanic at the place I did my tires ride with me and see, he said it's normal / just the way it is.... :o
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
7606 posts
1761 upvotes
Mississauga
SuperDuperFox wrote:
Dec 14th, 2015 9:45 am
2013 Escape 2.0L. Happens mostly with first 2 gears. From a stop, it doesn't happen often. Weird thing is when I am slowing down , like say as I approach a red light, and then it turns green so I speed up again, it just kinda lags. Feels weird. I think they did a software update and changed the transmission fluid, which helped a bit.

Let the mechanic at the place I did my tires ride with me and see, he said it's normal / just the way it is.... :o
Was it always like that or is this something new? From what you are describing from slowing down and the light changing I think you are catching it between shifts. Years ago in your situation people would complain the transmission would slam into 2nd gear hard and want it softer thinking it was damaging the transmission. Its all controlled by the ecm now there always coming up with new updates maybe in the future they will come up with something for you.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2011
1491 posts
1164 upvotes
SuperDuperFox wrote:
Dec 11th, 2015 8:09 am
Any tips on how to get a dealership to fix a car while it is still under bumper to bumper warranty?

Had tranny issues with really harsh shifts and sometimes small lag (feels like the car is stalling momentarily as it tries to shift) started up few months ago. Took to the dealer, they did a small change, helped a bit, but the issue is still there. Took it back dealer claims it's nothing wrong, operates "as designed".

Can I fight this? Who decides if a car is operating "as designed"? If dealer says no to fix it, does that mean I'm out of luck? Just seems really arbitrary to me, if the dealer can basically decide what constitutes an issue, and thus decide if they will fix it.
If your worried about the warranty, the transmission is covered under powertrain warranty for 100000 kms or 5 years, the bumper to bumper is 3 years 60000kms. So you still have time...
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
10037 posts
1384 upvotes
Toronto
SuperDuperFox wrote:
Dec 11th, 2015 8:09 am
Any tips on how to get a dealership to fix a car while it is still under bumper to bumper warranty?

Had tranny issues with really harsh shifts and sometimes small lag (feels like the car is stalling momentarily as it tries to shift) started up few months ago. Took to the dealer, they did a small change, helped a bit, but the issue is still there. Took it back dealer claims it's nothing wrong, operates "as designed".

Can I fight this? Who decides if a car is operating "as designed"? If dealer says no to fix it, does that mean I'm out of luck? Just seems really arbitrary to me, if the dealer can basically decide what constitutes an issue, and thus decide if they will fix it.
With my jeep, I have a wierd wobble feeling through the vehicle when accelerating from a stop, it actually does it much less than it used to but it still does it the odd time. It's a very well documented problem among Cherokee forums.

Another issue I have is a high pitched ringing sound that can only be heard on the outside of the vehicle (or when the window is down). Especially noticeable when in reverse. This is another well documented issue.

Neither have or are being acknowledged by Chrysler/fiat and they always state they've never heard of the issue. The wobble issue was fixed but only on very specific models/trims and not in Canada I don't think.

Dealers will ALWAYS tell me it's how the vehicle is. I will fight and argue it until they fix it because both issues are definitely not normal.

Good luck OP. I've been to 3 dealerships now and none have fixed the issues.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
30097 posts
1351 upvotes
Fernando Po
XtremeModder wrote:
Dec 17th, 2015 12:30 am
With my jeep, I have a wierd wobble feeling through the vehicle when accelerating from a stop, it actually does it much less than it used to but it still does it the odd time. It's a very well documented problem among Cherokee forums.

Another issue I have is a high pitched ringing sound that can only be heard on the outside of the vehicle (or when the window is down). Especially noticeable when in reverse. This is another well documented issue.

Neither have or are being acknowledged by Chrysler/fiat and they always state they've never heard of the issue. The wobble issue was fixed but only on very specific models/trims and not in Canada I don't think.

Dealers will ALWAYS tell me it's how the vehicle is. I will fight and argue it until they fix it because both issues are definitely not normal.

Good luck OP. I've been to 3 dealerships now and none have fixed the issues.
Wheel will fly off. Future law suit.
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
10037 posts
1384 upvotes
Toronto
hagbard wrote:
Dec 17th, 2015 7:39 am
Wheel will fly off. Future law suit.
Nah, on the ones they did fix it was something called half shafts