• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2010 1:29 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 17, 2004
90 posts

Are Champion running shoes any good?

Hi

Just wondering if Champion brand running shoes any good?

They are only at Payless Shoes.

Cost only $29.99 w/out taxes.

Does anyone if these shoes are comfortable & durable.

Thanks
15 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4099 posts
227 upvotes
are you actually running in them?... or just lounging shoes?
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."

11 Never Summer Heritage, 08 Rome Targa
08 Nitro Eero Ettala 155, 07 Rome 390
07 Capita Outdoor Living 154
Cervelo Soloist Carbon Ultegra
[OP]
Dec 17, 2004
90 posts
Just for every day walking & the gym treadmill(3 times a week)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
7697 posts
320 upvotes
no idea but I stick to New Balance / Saucony and Merrell. Reebok, Adidas, and Nike are all garbage running shoes to me.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1356 posts
143 upvotes
Imo Champion is known more for their apparel than athletic shoes.
Nov 15, 2004
747 posts
2 upvotes
Are they comfortable/ If u use them for walking around....as long as they are comfortable...then is ok.

If u are running/jogging with them, that's a different story. (long explanation). Everyone has a different step. SOme ppl are over pronate, under pronate or neutral. And shoes design for running are separated into those groups. Pretty much you have to find a shoe that match your gait. If not, you will have injury (strain, pain, pull, etc). The best way is gio to [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=320]running room[/rfdlink] and have them take a look at your feet.

For runnign shoes, i will never trust a generic store (sport check, sport marts, pay less shoe sotre etc.). The salesman have no experience and have no idea and their lack of knowledge ( i don't know blame theM) can be hazardous for your health.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2004
8656 posts
553 upvotes
Toronto
Best runners: New Balance, Saucony, Asics
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13267 posts
228 upvotes
Midland
If you are just walking in the shoes and running on a treadmill, these shoes might be alright.
Another consideration might be getting a more popular brand on sale at [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=133]Sportmart[/rfdlink] or some other sports store. Sometimes you can get a decent sale and get a pretty good pair of running shoes for $59 or so (regularly priced at $99).
I would definitely consider getting a better pair (they're usually lighter in weight too) when they are really reduced in price, as running shoes can get overly pricey.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
3144 posts
114 upvotes
the only 2 brands I buy are Saucony and Merrell

Saucony I use for jogging
Merrell I use for everything else
Oct 21, 2010
1 posts
Texas
Depends on what you are doing in them, how strong your legs and feet are and what you call comfort. These are NOT proper running shoes, they flimsy and won't last very long. All that said, I have been racewalking in them for months, I gave away my New Balance and Saucony's because they were too cumbersome on my feet, gave me blisters, impeded my rhythm and basically felt like flippers. In the Champions I feel as if I have nothing on my feet but I neither under nor over pronate and have strong legs and feet from 31 years of dancing so back to my opening sentence, it depends on what you are doing in them. Hope that helped.
Banned
Dec 3, 2009
1291 posts
23 upvotes
There are no such thing as 'proper' running shoes. Many here have probably mentioned such brands as: Asics, Saucony, Brooks... These brands make specialty running shoes with super high markups and market to people willing to justify 100+ dollars on shoes designed just to run in.

Here is the scoop: You can run in any kind of shoe. Chances are, those who are vocal about 'proper' shoes probably have poor running form. Not everyone can afford expensive single purpose shoes, and imo, those who can buy into the trend more so than the necessity.

In terms of bang for buck, the cheaper stuff is usually the best value stuff. This is coming from someone who has 150 dollar running shoes.
Mar 31, 2009
233 posts
2 upvotes
There was an article in the NY Times a couple of days ago on a running shoe study. Basically said the most expensive ones are no better then the lower priced ones. The article actually mentions somebody in the study preferring a Champion shoe.

In fact I just bought a $150 pair of Asics which I love to replace my Champions.
× < >