Entertainment

'IT: Chapter Two' September 6 2019 (formerly 'Stephen King's IT' Sep 8 2017)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2017 7:01 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8707 posts
1845 upvotes
Toronto
If this isn't successful there won't be the second half of the story featuring the kids as adults

Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
23373 posts
1097 upvotes
Markham, ON
me thinks these movies cost nothing to make...the sequel will just go directly to netflix
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1262 posts
187 upvotes
Daaaaaaamn that's creepy. Had the "Stranger Things" look and feel to it.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3933 posts
521 upvotes
Aurora
I liked that trailer a lot. It's been many years since I read the book but the film's tone feels right. Though I kind of wished they made one long movie instead of planning two. The story of the main character's as kids was overwhelmingly more interesting than them as adults, in my opinion.

In other Stephen King movie news, minutes of footage of the Dark Tower has been just been released at CinemaCon. I wont post links to reactions for fear of spoilers since the trailer isn't released yet, I think. Generally positive, I believe.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
23373 posts
1097 upvotes
Markham, ON
DiceMan wrote:
Mar 29th, 2017 11:37 pm
I liked that trailer a lot. It's been many years since I read the book but the film's tone feels right. Though I kind of wished they made one long movie instead of planning two. The story of the main character's as kids was overwhelmingly more interesting than them as adults, in my opinion.

In other Stephen King movie news, minutes of footage of the Dark Tower has been just been released at CinemaCon. I wont post links to reactions for fear of spoilers since the trailer isn't released yet, I think. Generally positive, I believe.
based on the number of hits on youtube...pretty sure this will hit $30M easily on opening week. They should already film the sequel.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5546 posts
698 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
If you guys rewatch the 90s version that scared the hell out of you as a kid, you'll see how bad it was.
Curry played a good Pennywise, but the film is poorly made.

The remake looks like crap.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7355 posts
918 upvotes
Toronto
newt_101 wrote:
Jul 27th, 2017 3:41 pm
If you guys rewatch the 90s version that scared the hell out of you as a kid, you'll see how bad it was.
Curry played a good Pennywise, but the film is poorly made.

The remake looks like crap.
Ya, never scared of clowns and wasn't scared of the original IT even as a kid. It's kinda corny and this looks no different. ...but then again I'm a '10' in the bravery factor lol.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5546 posts
698 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
tranquility922 wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 2:32 pm
Ya, never scared of clowns and wasn't scared of the original IT even as a kid. It's kinda corny and this looks no different. ...but then again I'm a '10' in the bravery factor lol.
True.
Let's see how this turns out. The high reviews surprise me quite a bit but I'm all for a good King flick.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)