Entertainment

'IT: Chapter Two' September 6 2019 (formerly 'Stephen King's IT' Sep 8 2017)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2017 7:01 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10140 posts
699 upvotes
Mississauga
I just found out the haunted house in this movie is 2 minutes from where I lived in Oshawa. I remember biking those streets when I was the same age as the kids in the movie.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1186 posts
273 upvotes
Talamasca wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 3:39 pm
I just found out the haunted house in this movie is 2 minutes from where I lived in Oshawa. I remember biking those streets when I was the same age as the kids in the movie.
Interesting. I just walked by the Toronto house (450 Pape Avenue) this afternoon to get to the library where I'm posting from at the moment. LOL They used the interior of the house for the film "It". What's also interesting is that the house is also being used again for another film today. Toronto really is "Hollywood North".
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7355 posts
918 upvotes
Toronto
Actually, kinda amused that the clown is played by a male actor. Could've sworn that it was a female and I was frowning in my mind 'yet another remake w a superfluous change'.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3933 posts
521 upvotes
Aurora
Currently at 89% on Rotten Tomatoes. Thank god this is looking very positive after the unforgivable debacle of The Dark Tower.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1186 posts
273 upvotes
Enjoyed it, but really wished it was much scarier. Maybe my expectations were way too high? I never saw the 1990 TV mini-series with Tim Curry or read the novel, so I don't have any previous knowledge of the story.

I'm really looking forward to the second part of the story. I'm very curious if A-list actress Amy Adams has been approached to play the adult part of the character Bev? She would be perfect for the role.

I absolutely agree with Metacritic's score of 71. Excellent rating for the movie!

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/it?ref=hp
Sep 7, 2017
2 posts
Huge King fan and wanted to add my 2 cents.

Dark Tower could have been so good, but it was under developed and looked to be on a low budget. A bit like a straight to DVD move. Although I did enjoy it and don't regret spending the money on a ticket.

IT was really good and highly recommended.

Enjoyed it more than the early 90's series because it was simply grittier and scarier and had the same type of vibe I get when reading a King novel.

8.5/10

Although still not my fav King big screen adaptation, but in the top 5.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10140 posts
699 upvotes
Mississauga
I really enjoyed It. My favourite parts were actually the non-horror parts with the friendship of The Losers Club. It reminded me of Stand By Me.

Yeah, the casting for Chapter 2 will be interesting, especially since this movie will make a ton of money. My money for adult Bev is Jessica Chastain. She and the director have already worked together on his previous movie Mama, and she has shown a willingness to work in different genres like horror. The adult versions of the boys is wide open, as any 40 year old actor could play those roles.
Sep 7, 2017
2 posts
As many of us here expected the movie is raking in the money. I think people have been waiting for a well-done movie after this mediocre summer.

Now who will those 40 something actors be? Because you just know Mark Walberg, Matt Damon, and the rest of them will be looking to be in the sequel to a big hit!
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2002
1750 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
MrDisco wrote:
Sep 9th, 2017 10:25 pm
My showing was ruined though by people who kept talking through out the movie and at one point started talking to the screen. sigh.
I feel your pain, I find this happens often with horror movies and younger theatre goers. VIP is the way to go, 19+ and filters out some of the rift raft. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
15+ Years of 100% Positive Feedback

EBAY / HEATWARE / RFD
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16308 posts
1074 upvotes
Woodbridge
Okay, WTF is this about... reacting to the weekend box office numbers.

No interest watching it.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
3526 posts
224 upvotes
Toronto
bembol wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 3:13 pm
No interest watching it.
Too bad. It's a better version than the TV movie.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10140 posts
699 upvotes
Mississauga
Biggest September opening weekend ever, and the biggest opening weekend ever for a horror movie. Congrats!
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2005
1433 posts
198 upvotes
Maple
I really enjoyed it !

I personally didn't find it that scary, there were a few scenes that gave me the hebee jeebies but it had nothing to do with the clown itself, I won't go into details to prevent spoilers.

The writing was overall really good, and generally halarious. I was laughing outloud at numerous parts ( yes there is intentional commedy )

I found that like most horror flicks the last 25% of the movie it falls flat, and this was no exception. I wish there was more story as well as there is essentially zero.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)