• Nov 4th, 2016 4:42 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
2271 posts
865 upvotes
Sudbury

[Chapters] Beats Solo 3 Wireless - 20% Off - $263.96

I know some of you will Flame Me for saying that "Beats" are an Hot Deal....but for anyone, like myself, who is into the Apple Ecosystem, this is a pretty good deal.

Considering they were released On Sept 7, 2016 (on Apple's website) and haven't really shown up at many retailers (The Source, Best Buy just recently), this is a pretty good deal for a new product.

I tried buying from BestBuy and price matching but they gave me the run around and I eventually cancelled my order and just ordered from Chapters

Link To Beats Solo 3 Wireless
With up to 40 hours of battery life, Beats Solo3 Wirelessare your perfect everyday headphones. With Fast Fuel, a 5-minute charge givesyou 3 hours of playback. Enjoy award-winning Beats sound with Class 1Bluetooth® wireless listening freedom. The on-ear, cushioned ear cups areadjustable so you can customise your fit for all-day comfort.
Wireless the way it should be
Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones are ready to go when youare. They instantly set up — just power on and hold them near your iPhone — andthen simultaneously connect to your Apple Watch, iPad and Mac.* With Class 1Bluetooth technology, Solo3 Wireless provide the soundtrack to your life withwireless efficiency.
40 Hours of Batter Life is pretty impressive, in my opinion.

Sound isn't the best according to some, but I am no Audiophile and just want a pair of headphones that seemingly pair with my iPhone 7, Apple Watch, iPad and MacBook Pro.

Worth noting that all Beats Headphones are on sale, however I didn't see the new PowerBeats 3 Wireless on their website.

Cheers!
Last edited by kanewtz on Oct 31st, 2016 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
52 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2007
1615 posts
825 upvotes
Toronto
Not a bad deal at all for the lastest beats
Oct 13, 2009
908 posts
402 upvotes
The battery life on these with the apple W3 chip is pretty good I hear. Beats or not, what else has this good of battery life in a Bluetooth headphone?
:rolleyes:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
2271 posts
865 upvotes
Sudbury
jkam wrote:
Oct 31st, 2016 7:46 pm
The battery life on these with the apple W3 chip is pretty good I hear. Beats or not, what else has this good of battery life in a Bluetooth headphone?
Its the Apple W1 Chip

Link To Beats Official Solo 3 Wireless Website

Some are claiming 120FT plus of range...compared to normal Bluetooth which is generally 33FT.

Also the 5 mins for 3 hours of playback is impressive. For those of you, like me, with the iPhone 7 and lost your beloved headphone port....these might be perfect.
Dec 20, 2015
22 posts
1 upvote
Burnaby, BC
Thatdealguy wrote:
Oct 31st, 2016 7:42 pm
If u live in Vancouver, I can sell one to you for 40% off regular
new one? I live in Vancouver. but I like Solo studio. Do you have?
Oct 21, 2016
313 posts
149 upvotes
I knew I was off.. thanks.
kanewtz wrote:
Oct 31st, 2016 7:51 pm
jkam wrote:
Its the Apple W1 Chip

Link To Beats Official Solo 3 Wireless Website

Some are claiming 120FT plus of range...compared to normal Bluetooth which is generally 33FT.

Also the 5 mins for 3 hours of playback is impressive. For those of you, like me, with the iPhone 7 and lost your beloved headphone port....these might be perfect.
Oct 13, 2009
908 posts
402 upvotes
These look like those amazon mpow,mpeats,etc...

I'm gonna hold out for the apple air pods. Can't believe it took so long for someone to make ear buds with no wires
cain2589 wrote:
Oct 31st, 2016 8:14 pm
jkam wrote:
Jaybird X2 is 8 hours.

$120 at Chapters : https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/el ... e&ikwidx=0
:rolleyes:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
2271 posts
865 upvotes
Sudbury
cain2589 wrote:
Oct 31st, 2016 8:14 pm
jkam wrote:
Jaybird X2 is 8 hours.

$120 at Chapters : https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/el ... e&ikwidx=0
Just as a FYI...the X3's are now available for $159: Link to Jaybird X3's

Also have 8 hours of playback...but allow you to customize the sound via the App.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
7844 posts
366 upvotes
Brampton
Good deal especially for the apple user.

I actually like newer beats headphones but I would have preferred a over the ear style.

Tempted.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
11518 posts
5606 upvotes
Southern Ontario
ericw wrote:
Oct 31st, 2016 10:18 pm
debating between this and Sennheiser Momentum 2 on ear wired. $204 on amazon https://www.amazon.ca/Sennheiser-Moment ... B00SOM81Q6
Suggestions?
I gave my kid my wired OnE Senn Moms, depends if you want wireless or not.
Strictly SQ and construction, the Senns win. I'm just not sure of the durability of these plasticy Beats.

Note the signature of Solo3's have changed from previous Beats, the sound is more true and less bass heavy, check side by side YT reviews.
There is no refresh this year of the OverE Beats (Studios, etc) using the W1 chip. Current wireless Studios have less battery life and range than Solo 3's, and also stop working completely when the battery no longer holds charge.

Personally I'm after a deal on QC35, B&W A7's and/or Wireless OverE Senns in terms of BT (all OverE's).