Hot Deals

[Chapters Indigo] duffle bag $9.5 - again??

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2017 7:18 pm
Feb 15, 2013
681 posts
254 upvotes
Brampton
Got two browns in mail today, pleasantly surprised it was a nice dark brown. Looks decent enough. Got two blacks on the way too!
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2006
4567 posts
831 upvotes
Toronto
bigzinc10 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 11:23 am
Got two browns in mail today, pleasantly surprised it was a nice dark brown. Looks decent enough. Got two blacks on the way too!
I am at work but it looks like the Browns Bags just got delivered
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
8035 posts
1507 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Got 2 brown bags today. They look very nice, no smell. This is a very dark brown, thought it was black at first. Very good buy.

Anyone who says these are crap probably never saw one in person or threadcrapping. These look very good and the fact that they are not leather is a huge plus for me.
Jun 23, 2016
77 posts
30 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
+1. Copped a brown last night. Not Roots quality but very nice bag for $10 - easily outclasses a gym bag or the shopping bag I was using from car to work.

It's easy to say that $10 should be the reg price but let's be honest, profit margins are beyond the scope of this deal. The bottom line is that it's rare to find a bag like this at this price point, without taking a gamble on some Chinese vendor and possibly getting nothing but a headache.
Aug 10, 2009
188 posts
57 upvotes
Nation's Capital
Thanks OP was able to get the last brown bag in store.
Jul 1, 2012
231 posts
1201 upvotes
These are the ugliest bags I've ever seen. They aren't even real leather. Do they look better in real life?
Aug 8, 2015
724 posts
649 upvotes
Toronto
Lucidly wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 4:52 pm
These are the ugliest bags I've ever seen. They aren't even real leather. Do they look better in real life?
From someone with that amount of upvotes, I would have expected a more constructive comment.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
8035 posts
1507 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Lucidly wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 4:52 pm
Not sure what you are asking for here? It appears that you already made up your mind. Time to move on from this thread and not waste yours and others time...
Jul 1, 2012
231 posts
1201 upvotes
Paroxetine wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 5:16 pm
From someone with that amount of upvotes, I would have expected a more constructive comment.
Not sure why I can't just state my opinion.

I'm just asking if the quality is better than I perceive it to be based on the stock photos and what few pictures have been posted here.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
8035 posts
1507 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Lucidly wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 5:44 pm
Not sure why I can't just state my opinion.

I'm just asking if the quality is better than I perceive it to be based on the stock photos and what few pictures have been posted here.
You can state your opinion. Of course, others can state their opinions too. Based on your opinion, which seems very strong, it is puzzling how others would be able to sway you?

If these are the ugliest bags you have ever seen, not to mention non-leather, which appears to be the opposite of what you prefer, why on earth would you want any? Or do you like to be pursuaded on buying things that you don't like?

BTW, quality reviews and user photos are in abundance in this thread. Believe it or not, some are even in the same page as your post.
Last edited by Andro on Aug 11th, 2017 5:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
1701 posts
392 upvotes
Thanks OP. Last night their desktop site showed both colours OOS but I was able to order the brown one through their mobile site while the free shipping promotion was still on. Weird that I was able to order through their mobile site but not their desktop site.

Calgary Signal Hill shows 2 black in stock but it's phantom stock. I was there this morning and had the staff check to see if they were really in stock. No joy.
I am not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
Mar 19, 2012
699 posts
123 upvotes
ive just checked the bags at the store and to be honest for $10 its an ok bag. Not too big. I've ordered black and brown and I think the black is going back. Don't expect excellent quality from a $10 bag.
Mar 19, 2012
699 posts
123 upvotes
CalgaryRunner wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 6:14 pm
Thanks OP. Last night their desktop site showed both colours OOS but I was able to order the brown one through their mobile site while the free shipping promotion was still on. Weird that I was able to order through their mobile site but not their desktop site.

Calgary Signal Hill shows 2 black in stock but it's phantom stock. I was there this morning and had the staff check to see if they were really in stock. No joy.
Check the Cross Iron Mills store. There were 6 brown (yes I count them in case someone wanted to know :) ) bags. They were close to the middle of the store not where they keep the bags.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
4558 posts
112 upvotes
London
Shoebox for scale (didn't have a banana)

Mine is brown. These bags are I think slightly bigger than the canvas duffle bags last time -- the base is wider and despite the slight taper at the top it's slightly taller too.
Images
  • IMG_20170812_074941.jpg