Expired Hot Deals

[Chapters Indigo] duffle bag $9.5 - again??

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2017 10:23 am
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
8249 posts
1748 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
-=phelan=- wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 8:03 am
man i dunno how this thread racked up +106 upvotes for a bag...
Decent item (bag) + great price = Hot deal = upvote

Isn't this what the upvotes are for?
Jul 1, 2012
214 posts
1199 upvotes
Vancouver
Andro wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 5:47 pm
You can state your opinion. Of course, others can state their opinions too. Based on your opinion, which seems very strong, it is puzzling how others would be able to sway you?

If these are the ugliest bags you have ever seen, not to mention non-leather, which appears to be the opposite of what you prefer, why on earth would you want any? Or do you like to be pursuaded on buying things that you don't like?

BTW, quality reviews and user photos are in abundance in this thread. Believe it or not, some are even in the same page as your post.
It's not a personal attack on anyone who bought the bag nor is it an attack on the OP. Other people have asked about its quality too, but they don't seem to have gotten told it was wrong for asking. Is it just because I called it ugly?

If someone has a different opinion on something, then yes, the proper response is to try to convince them otherwise. This is what forums are for.

Most of the posts in the thread just talk about purchasing it or how it's just 'nice'. Not enough pictures.
Sep 14, 2010
143 posts
36 upvotes
Got ours in, the brown one, we really like it! I don't expect it to take a beating as it's on the thin side, but for $10 can't really complain.
djdestroyer wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 1:28 pm
Is everyone in love with that new bag smell? My Chemical Romance? :D
Er... The one I got smells a bit like chemical pee... That just me? Lol
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
8249 posts
1748 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Lucidly wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 8:45 am
It's not a personal attack on anyone who bought the bag nor is it an attack on the OP. Other people have asked about its quality too, but they don't seem to have gotten told it was wrong for asking. Is it just because I called it ugly?

If someone has a different opinion on something, then yes, the proper response is to try to convince them otherwise. This is what forums are for.

Most of the posts in the thread just talk about purchasing it or how it's just 'nice'. Not enough pictures.
There was and still is an abundance of reviews and pictures, how many more do you want? Is there a specific angle that you are looking for in pictures?

You said that it was the "ugliest bag you have ever seen". IMO, that is a very strong opinion about the item, unless this is how you express yourself towards everything, in which case its a whole other issue. If the person describes a bag in this thread as nice, it usually means its good for them. How much more do you need for others to distill their opinions for you?
May 11, 2011
104 posts
99 upvotes
North York
Just got mine in the mail. Smaller than I thought but will make for a good airplane diaper carry on.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2002
1743 posts
186 upvotes
Toronto
Just got a brown one, pretty decent for the price though I would say a regular price of $20-$25 is more reasonable. Not sure why some are saying its ugly, it has a simple classic look. Eye of the beholder I guess...
15+ Years of 100% Positive Feedback

EBAY / HEATWARE / RFD
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
4571 posts
122 upvotes
London
Lucidly wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 4:52 pm
These are the ugliest bags I've ever seen. They aren't even real leather. Do they look better in real life?
IMHO it looks better than the pictures (especially the shots where it's sitting on the floor, limp and empty). The bag doesn't photograph well but I assure you there are worst bags out there.

It's not going to run fashion awards but it definitely won't be a source of embarrassment when I lug it around the airport. I think it looks normal enough.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
1731 posts
453 upvotes
Cocoon wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 12:31 am
Check the Cross Iron Mills store. There were 6 brown (yes I count them in case someone wanted to know :) ) bags. They were close to the middle of the store not where they keep the bags.
Thanks for the heads up but I was able to order a brown one online. I wouldn't mind a black one as well but they seem to be all gone.
I am not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
Dec 26, 2003
768 posts
279 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
-=phelan=- wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 8:03 am
man i dunno how this thread racked up +106 upvotes for a bag...
lol missed this thread completely. Yeah what is the fuss about a bag?
Fido
Koodo
Dec 17, 2014
423 posts
60 upvotes
ciao wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 12:20 pm
You missed 80+ easy up votes...
Don't think you saw the post someone made awhile back. Very little uptick.

And it ain't all about the up votes!
Aug 11, 2017
2 posts
2 upvotes
They have them at Crowfoot Chapters at the back of the store- black and brown - well they did this morning. Actually they have a ton of gift type things on sale. I bought a load of things for teacher gifts etc
Aug 11, 2017
6 posts
3 upvotes
Kitchener
Well, I think the bag looks like the deal it is priced at.... I would not pay much more. It also does not look that big for a weekend trip to pack your stuff in, infact maybe it looks like a good ladies bag to carry a laptop and lunch in to work!
Great price, just go for it!